+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 5/9 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/9 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

^^^That is exactly what upsets me. The Cowboys and Brent and Caite had a time advantage that they lost because of the airline. I think they should all get on the same flight, but should not lose the advantage they gain from doing the task better. If the Cowboys would have kept their six hour lead than them and Brent and Caite would have had a great race to the end with the tasks deciding. Instead the brothers were evened out to them, which was and always is when it happens not right. The first two teams performed better and lost the advantage they had for no reason other than a flight.

The one thing they never show is customs (because filming isn't allowed). But it's as much a game-changer as taxi drivers and airplane seats. Basically, just because Dan and Jordan got to sit at the back of first class doesn't mean they had that much of a lead getting out of the airport, because they could have gotten stuck going through customs (especially with their attitudes).

I didn't have a problem with the brothers asking to be moved to first class. (I was amazed that there were that many seats open in first class, though. I fly a lot, and first class always fills on my flights, even if the airlines are bumping frequent fliers to fill the seats). My problem was with their really horrid attitudes, and their stupidity of arriving 6 hrs after everyone else and thinking that nothing would be said when they were second in line. (I look at it this way: I wouldn't have had a problem with the Cowboys doing it, either. They played smart and took an advantage where they could get it.)

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3898675;
    ^^^That is exactly what upsets me. The Cowboys and Brent and Caite had a time advantage that they lost because of the airline. I think they should all get on the same flight, but should not lose the advantage they gain from doing the task better. If the Cowboys would have kept their six hour lead than them and Brent and Caite would have had a great race to the end with the tasks deciding. Instead the brothers were evened out to them, which was and always is when it happens not right. The first two teams performed better and lost the advantage they had for no reason other than a flight.
    On the Latin American version of the AR everyone is on the same flight. People sign in the time they get to the airport and once on their destination teams are let go according to the time. It's less stressful that way I guess but there are time equalizers along the way anyway.

I think more and more they make the last leg an equal field because it's boring to watch one team flight though it.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3898628;
    But wouldn't being assigned a bad seat be the same as getting a bad taxi driver?
    IMHO no, the case of assigned seats is first come, first served. You still will get to your destination where you are flying if all are on the same plane.

But first class and coach are two entirely different things - mostly because some airlines do separate the two with a doorway as well as the comfort issue (meaning a better rested team versus a tired team).

I too am disappointed that the cowboys didn't ride off into the sunset with the million, but it is a race, and sometimes the luck of the draw plays into it because of the nature of this race.

I presume all the teams read and knew all of the rules and I actually find it odd that the brothers were the only team to ask for an upgrade.
    While I agree luck of the draw plays into the race, I still question if this is a rule or not, mostly because if it was within rules, why did they not start this sooner?

Trust me - there have been plenty of teams who would've taken advantage of the loophole of (quote courtesy of Echo) "Teams are required to purchase economy class airfare when they fly, using the credit card provided by the show. Teams may ask the airlines to upgrade their tickets to first or business class as long as they only pay economy fare. Teams may be forbidden from flying on certain airlines or restricted to specific airlines in some cases." Long before these two would've. (Guido, Rob/Amber, the Lesbians, etc.)

Maybe it's just me, but the Cowboys seemed a little off last night, almost as if they felt they didn't have a good chance. I suspect something happened that we didn't see.
    I think so too - if only because they felt the brothers would win no matter what.

I didn't like how they did the whole get the teams in order thing right or not. No challenges to distract the teams into trying to get the order right, such as similar surfboards or a locked room. That should've been the biggest equalizer out there - but none done.

FORT Fogey

I don't think the cowboys were off last night, I think that they are nice guys, but human. I think they were edited the way they were to get us to tune in week after week. I think they had their negativity throughout, but obviously less than a lot of other teams. However, I think last night they showed the negative more because they wanted us the fans to be ok with the brothers winning. I remember the leg with the map that they forgot, and the one threw it on the mat, and looked to be upset, but they did not touch on it much. I think editing just gives them personalities throughout the race, but in the last leg tries to draw the attention to the winners.

FORT Regular

Wow, is anyone bitter the gay brother won? They played the race to perfection, yes they had arguments, but who wouldn't on a race like that. I'm HAPPY THEY WON!!

I would have preferred to see the cowboys win, but am fine with it going to the brothers.
    As far as the tussle between the models and the lesbians, Caite tried to extend an olive branch. I give her credit for that. The dark haired lesbian should have been more gracious like her blonde friend had been.
    I expect to see the cowboys on something else in the future.
    I love to see people who can behave well and with dignity on these reality shows. It sets s good example.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Ger

I also was rooting for the cowboys and sorry they did not win.

I am ok with the brothers winning tho' but am so happy the models came in last cause I did not like their attitudes at all.

One thing tho', I did not like the way that gal started in on Catie at the end of the race.
    Very uncalled for especially there at the end of the race on live TV.
    I think all she did was show every one her true colors.

The cowboys are a class act and I they can leave with their heads held up high.

As for the brothers asking if they could move up to first class, well I did not see anything wrong with that. To bad the cowboys did not think of it.
    As to why the others did not ask to move , well I wonder if they knew the brothers moved until it was to late.
    I think they were all sleeping or resting.

Now we have to wait for a new season again.

Oh, I also think the finale should be a 2 hour show. It does go to fast

Quote Originally Posted by weizer2;3898812;
    Wow, is anyone bitter the gay brother won? They played the race to perfection, yes they had arguments, but who wouldn't on a race like that. I'm HAPPY THEY WON!!
    Im not. If any rules were broken, they would have been called out on it. Sorry about the Cowboys but thats how the race crumbles. Anyone of the three could have taken it, so the brothers won.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3898816;
    I would have preferred to see the cowboys win, but am fine with it going to the brothers.
    As far as the tussle between the models and the lesbians, Caite tried to extend an olive branch. I give her credit for that. The dark haired lesbian should have been more gracious like her blonde friend had been.
    I expect to see the cowboys on something else in the future.
    I love to see people who can behave well and with dignity on these reality shows. It sets s good example.
    ^^^ITA!

Wow - the lesbians were bitter betty's (esp the dark haired one)! Time to grow up and let things go, ladies. Caite may have taken a little jab at her (with the "I'm up here and you're not") but that was after trying to apologize. The dark haired woman acted like a child (like "I'm going to cross my arms and stomp my feet because things didn't go MY way"). Caite practically is a child...so I cut her a little slack with her comment.

+ Reply to Thread