+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 199

Thread: 5/9 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

  1. #91
    FORT Fogey MsDiva2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Del Mar, California
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,580

    Re: 5/9 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    I think good things are head for the Cowboys. The brothers not so much. I am going to miss the Cowboys and the class they exude.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

  2. #92
    All Summer-y Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    19,141

    Re: 5/9 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3898186;
    Totally bummed the cowboys didn't win. I can't even watch the show. Oh well...waiting for next season.
    It's recording right now. I'll watch tomorrow. I do hope there is another all stars planned in the not too distant future and I would also hope the cowboys would agree to race again.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  3. #93
    FORT Fogey captain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Follow the Yellow Brick Road
    Posts
    4,364

    Re: 5/9 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    I do not think I would want an all-star season. I like watching people who do not know how to play the "reality series"
    I realize I am probably in the minority, but I do not like the crossing over on reality shows, especially TAR which seems to be the only one.
    There's no place like home!

  4. #94
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    california
    Posts
    171

    Re: 5/9 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;3898130;
    The cowboys are such stand-up guys. They absolutely can walk out of there with their heads held high.
    Love, Love, Love the Cowboys. They are truly inspirations.
    Their attitude was wonderful. No whining or screaming.

    The winners--they were OK, but wished they would have finished 2nd.

    The models--to make it as far as they did, it proves luck is more important in this race than brains.

    The Lesbians----classless bitches.

  5. #95
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,222

    Re: 5/9 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Like a lot of posters here, I'm so disappointed that the cowboys didn't win. And the team I like the least of the 3 won. And that they cheated (Why put up a rule about not being allowed to purchase 1st class tickets if you can technically just schmooze your way to 1st class and "technically not break any rules", so to speak. Yes, they cheated because it was basically an unfair advantage) and were rude and deceitful (Jordan was the 1st to comment about Caite) countless times. And I agree about what someone here said about another unliked winner (Flo) who bickered and quit several times (and flirted with an opponent while her partner, who was supposed to be a friend who has feelings for her, who she was just leading on) but because had a strong partner won an undeserved prize.

  6. #96
    FORT Fogey captain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Follow the Yellow Brick Road
    Posts
    4,364

    Re: 5/9 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    I would like to see an "after" show with TAR, I think it would be more exciting than Survivor's at times
    There's no place like home!

  7. #97
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,941

    Re: 5/9 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by watts;3898442;
    Like a lot of posters here, I'm so disappointed that the cowboys didn't win. And the team I like the least of the 3 won. And that they cheated (Why put up a rule about not being allowed to purchase 1st class tickets if you can technically just schmooze your way to 1st class and "technically not break any rules", so to speak. Yes, they cheated because it was basically an unfair advantage) and were rude and deceitful (Jordan was the 1st to comment about Caite) countless times. And I agree about what someone here said about another unliked winner (Flo) who bickered and quit several times (and flirted with an opponent while her partner, who was supposed to be a friend who has feelings for her, who she was just leading on) but because had a strong partner won an undeserved prize.
    I'm hoping that the issue is cleared up in the interviews in the next couple of days if the moving up to first class is legal or if they incurred a penalty and yet they had enough of an advantage on the cowboys it was regardless.

    Still - no matter what, I think they should make it NO FIRST CLASS with the LONE exception of that the aircarrier has no choice but to offer it to them, i.e. they had too many coach buyers by their mistake, and the team is first offered the tickets in order to keep them on the plane completely instead of losing their business to another airliner. Basically, anything within flyer's rights in regard to overselling/cancellation of tickets.

    This means that in the future, asking to move up to first class mid-flight should be considered an unfair advantage and therefore a time penalty of 30 mins. and any time gained by the change.

    I'm sorry, but if they won't allow people to hide pumps to gain an advantage - even if where the players can still find them, then they shouldn't allow this. (Worst of all in the pump issue, it was probably one reason combined with the heat that caused Margie to faint that season - she had to pull the rickshaw with the tires flat.(

  8. #98
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,941

    Re: 5/9 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by captain;3898407;
    I do not think I would want an all-star season. I like watching people who do not know how to play the "reality series"
    I realize I am probably in the minority, but I do not like the crossing over on reality shows, especially TAR which seems to be the only one.
    I see your point and agree with you to a point. Personally, I'm of the opinion that if they do an all-star series, a. you get one shot at it, and b. that they're players who at least appreciated their first experience.

    What I get perturbed at - and one reason I'm so rooting for only a couple of players in "Survivor" are those who constantly come to these shows and play all the time in order to make a living (Parvati, Rupert, Rob, etc.). They've played at least three times in "Survivor," (Rob also has been on "Amazing Race twice and had his and Amber's wedding televised) are a lot of times not likable people, and blame everyone but themselves for their errors.

  9. #99
    Got wings 9/19/2012 buglover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    CA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,194

    Re: 5/9 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Hubby said the same thing about the 1st class thing. There should have been a penalty for flying 1st class. I don't have a copy of all of the rules so I don't know if it's legal to move up for free or not but I seem to recall that a team years ago was told they could buy 1st class tickets for business class price and they got a penalty. Growl.
    Yup, with donuts!!

  10. #100
    FORT Fanatic Stump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    627

    Re: 5/9 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by klmom3;3898428;
    The models--to make it as far as they did, it proves luck is more important in this race than brains.

    The Lesbians----classless bitches.
    Completely true about The Lesbians. Reading the post-boot interviews I had started to wonder if I was wrong about them but clearly they didn't get a bad edit. Wow.

    I think it's unfair to say it was all luck for the models. It can't be easy to make it that far in the race. And they did practically catch up to Jed/Cord on the Lucasfilm challenge. That wasn't luck.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.