+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 5/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: 5/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;3893561;
    I think I'd rather people thought I was dumb than rude, immature, and obnoxious. Just saying...

Exactly!

After all, Jordan (of Jordan and Jeff) is seen as dumb (at least ditzy) but she's such a sweetheart, she's adored!

Now we have rude, immature, obnoxious AND dumb.

Problem with Caite is she’s so set on changing people’s opinions of her that it’s having the opposite affect – if she’d just shut up and stop commentating on being smart, we’d see that for ourselves. She continues to make herself look stoopid.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

For all their seeming stupidity and Brent's flash tempers, these two are doing very well on getting to the mat either first or second. Don't count them out to win the whole shebang. Of course, I would be excited and cheering to watch the final episode and see the cowboys run through the gathered crowd to accept Phil's congratulations, but I'm resigning myself to that not happening...not if Brent and Caite remain strong.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

So funny, a couple of months ago, I was so over of the cowboys and their "good gravy" comments but now I find them both completely endearing and love to watch them. They've never lost their cool, have hunkered down and worked their way through their tasks, and have always had a great sense of humor about everything. You'd think, if Jordan's big wish was to be on TAR, then he would be taking a step back and enjoying it a lot more like the cowboys seem to be doing.

I'm not disappointed that Dan & Jordan are in the final 3 but wish the cops had made it up there as well. I was so willing to give Caite a chance and watch her with an open mind but holy cow, it'd be a heck of a lot easier if the girl was a pantomime and I didn't have to listen to her! If you want people to forget about your debacle, then don't talk about it all the frackin' time!!! Heck, if I were her, I would've signed up for the show and wouldn't have mentioned I was "the Miss SC who..." until the show was over and I'd made it far!! Instead, she throws it at us at every turn and all it makes us do is want to mute her. If I were Brent, I'd do the Austin Powers' Dr. Evil "zip it" ALL the time!!!

Looks like an interesting finale. I'll be happiest if Jet & Cord win it but will be okay if Dan & Jordan do. Brent & Caite, blech! Last thing I want is to hear is Caite celebrating...if I see it's heading that way, my finger will be ready to hit the 'mute' button and, in my mind, I'll be telling her to zip it!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3893703;
    Looks like an interesting finale. I'll be happiest if Jet & Cord win it but will be okay if Dan & Jordan do. Brent & Caite, blech!
    ITA. A B/C win would be almost equal to Flo/Zach or Eric/Danielle win.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3893703;
    So funny, a couple of months ago, I was so over of the cowboys and their "good gravy" comments but now I find them both completely endearing and love to watch them. They've never lost their cool, have hunkered down and worked their way through their tasks, and have always had a great sense of humor about everything. You'd think, if Jordan's big wish was to be on TAR, then he would be taking a step back and enjoying it a lot more like the cowboys seem to be doing.

I'm not disappointed that Dan & Jordan are in the final 3 but wish the cops had made it up there as well. I was so willing to give Caite a chance and watch her with an open mind but holy cow, it'd be a heck of a lot easier if the girl was a pantomime and I didn't have to listen to her! If you want people to forget about your debacle, then don't talk about it all the frackin' time!!! Heck, if I were her, I would've signed up for the show and wouldn't have mentioned I was "the Miss SC who..." until the show was over and I'd made it far!! Instead, she throws it at us at every turn and all it makes us do is want to mute her. If I were Brent, I'd do the Austin Powers' Dr. Evil "zip it" ALL the time!!!

Looks like an interesting finale. I'll be happiest if Jet & Cord win it but will be okay if Dan & Jordan do. Brent & Caite, blech! Last thing I want is to hear is Caite celebrating...if I see it's heading that way, my finger will be ready to hit the 'mute' button and, in my mind, I'll be telling her to zip it!
    I'm sure people who've been on the show could answer this with greater certainly than I, but don't you imagine that this is the sole reason she is on the show? She's a lightning rod, and so many people have seen her infamous clip that she is a known entity.

And regarding talking about it, she probably does go over the top with pointing out when she has "proved" that's she's not dumb. But I believe the producers pepper her with questions about it all the time - it's the edit of her that they want.

From her perspective though, you would have to expect that because, as I said, it is why you are on the show in the first place!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SCtarFAN;3894636;
    I'm sure people who've been on the show could answer this with greater certainly than I, but don't you imagine that this is the sole reason she is on the show? She's a lightning rod, and so many people have seen her infamous clip that she is a known entity.

And regarding talking about it, she probably does go over the top with pointing out when she has "proved" that's she's not dumb. But I believe the producers pepper her with questions about it all the time - it's the edit of her that they want.

From her perspective though, you would have to expect that because, as I said, it is why you are on the show in the first place!
    Then she's doing a pretty poor job of it.

In my not so humble opinion, I think the main reason that Brent and Caite have gotten this far is that this is truly one of the stupidest group of racers on a whole we have ever encountered.
    Every week is a mess of mistakes, and even the cowboys are guilty. I still can't get over how badly most of the teams did with the loading coconuts on a cart. They couldn't even search the ground to make sure they didn't forget any? Simplest task ever, and most teams failed, even after they saw other teams fail. Just not a brilliant bunch, these ones.
    That said, I love the cowboys, love their attitude, and I love how well they do on many tasks. I think they're good enough to win, if they don't make any foolish mistakes again like drive to the wrong town and stuff.

I have to confess I'd never heard of Caite befoure this show.
    Contrary to her over inflated opinion of herself, not everybody had seen her stumble or viewed it on YouTube.
    To me, by constantly bringing it up, she's made herself look like an even bigger fool than she probably is. Her inflated attempt to make herself appear "smart" has just succeeded in making her appear immature, mean, vindictive, bitter and petty.
    The world can embrace "dumb."
    The world doesn't easily embrace the rest.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 05-05-2010 at 04:44 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SCtarFAN;3894636;

Oh, I absolutely think that's why she was cast. However, just because she was infamous doesn't mean she was famous. I saw the youtube video years ago, had my laugh, and then moved on. I never would have been able to pick her out of a lineup before she came on the show. That being said, if there were contestants on the show who knew who she was, she could've laughed it off, admitted it wasn't very smart, and then moved on. If she'd laughed at it like everyone else, it would've been old news and, thus, the end of the story. Instead, she's got a chip the size of New York sitting on her shoulder and has let it fester and make her a bitter person. Now, at the end of the season, she'll be famous for her infamous bitterness.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;3894655;
    Then she's doing a pretty poor job of it.

In my not so humble opinion, I think the main reason that Brent and Caite have gotten this far is that this is truly one of the stupidest group of racers on a whole we have ever encountered.
    Every week is a mess of mistakes, and even the cowboys are guilty. I still can't get over how badly most of the teams did with the loading coconuts on a cart. They couldn't even search the ground to make sure they didn't forget any? Simplest task ever, and most teams failed, even after they saw other teams fail. Just not a brilliant bunch, these ones.
    That said, I love the cowboys, love their attitude, and I love how well they do on many tasks. I think they're good enough to win, if they don't make any foolish mistakes again like drive to the wrong town and stuff.

Have to agree with you on this one! The majority of racers this season were making seriously stupid mistakes. Even the cowboys were guilty a few times of making game-ending mistakes, only to (thankfully) be saved by the even dumber mistakes of other teams of NEL. IMO C/B are only in the F3 due to luck more than skill. Let's hope for a Cowboy win and a better cast next time!

+ Reply to Thread