+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 5/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 5/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Yay, for Team Cowboys! I thought it was so awesome that Jet got it right after his first try! I'm so proud of that team!

Dan and Jordan ...I don't like them.

FORT Fogey

Caite so how many screw yous are you going to shout out to the very people you feel need to perceive you as smart. Now I just think you are dumb and a witch. Ignorant she is yuck.

Yay Cowboys. I cannot put into words how awesome these two are. I wish more teams were like this instead of wannabe actors and models. Hope they win it all.

FORT Fan

Let's go cowboys. You are the only likable team left. You really seem to be enjoying the whole experience. You remind me of the hippies(I forgot their names) that won a few seasons back.

FORT Fogey

I'm surprised my friend told me only one brother was gay. I think she's mistaken, or only one is openly gay. I've always thought there were 2 gay pairs.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

San Francisco looks like fun! Climbing Coit Tower and putting on CGI suits. They showed Brent on the tower and Cord and Jordan at CGI where Cord peeks around a booth edge and tells him he is going to have one of the Star Wars guys take him out. And what is with hauling those pirate chests?

I understand the stress but hated the whining and complaining and temper tantrums this leg. Cord said he felt bad for Brent having a breakdown in the stamp shop, but I didn't. Ahhh, Jet read the clue more closely and got his statue count right the first time. Louie figured out his mistake, but it was too late.

I truly hope nice guys finish last.

watts: Jordan is gay, his brother is not.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

when Brent & Cate came in first I wanted Phil to say you won a trip for two to "The Spain" and here is your map,lol.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I liked this episode, though I wish it was the detectives advancing over the brothers. As annoying as Brent and Caite are, I do think that they have at least used their brains and kept the bickering down to a minimum compared to Dan and Jordan. And - at least I don't think either of them have practically threatened a cab driver with harm, though I do not condone mockery of another race - even if spot on. (I wish that they'd make a rule that if the teams actually even threaten - even if out of anger - a driver, they're penalized. These guys are NOT going to break the law for someone to have an off chance at having a million). I do have Brent and Caite as my alternate to who I want to win based on this.

Jet and Cord are definitely my favorites to win. It was interesting they mentioned Cord (I believe) being hit in the head by a bull not too long ago and nearly dying. He is very lucky he didn't, and can function as well as he does. It does explain why some comments I've read about the cowboys in general seeming a little "slow." I can understand that - a kick in the head would make anyone talk a bit slower afterward, but given that said kick can kill you, he probably had to relearn how to speak some words so he talks slower in order to say the right words.

I did love their "Muy Rapido" comment - unlike some people in the race, I truly believe that it was said in earnest to respect the person and attempt to speak his language, but the wrong phrase came out. He was quite embarrassed. On the plus note, I do think said driver understood he was attempting to show that respect and that's one reason they didn't have the same cab trouble as say Dan and Jordan.

This is an interesting final leg of the race coming up - and I like the idea of the virtual reality game and having to complete the challenge without knocking down doors. It reminds me of a Nickelodeon game show where the contestants had a chance to actually be in a game. Forgot the name of the show, but it does have a similarity there - though with the added bonus now of having the ability to make said contestants virtual. I do think if it comes down to memory - we may be in for a slightly long one, as all three of said contestants have had some serious lack of judgment and memory issues.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;3892311;
    Oh no, Brett has to go potty and Caite is upset about it. Pretty on the outside doesn't help if you're ugly on the inside.
    Pretty on the outside certainly does help!!

She should have given in but I can empathize with her. Brent couldn't go to the bathroom before they started? Ugh.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3892488;
    This is an interesting final leg of the race coming up - and I like the idea of the virtual reality game and having to complete the challenge without knocking down doors. It reminds me of a Nickelodeon game show where the contestants had a chance to actually be in a game. Forgot the name of the show, but it does have a similarity there - though with the added bonus now of having the ability to make said contestants virtual. I do think if it comes down to memory - we may be in for a slightly long one, as all three of said contestants have had some serious lack of judgment and memory issues.
    Nick Arcade.

Just a bit of a Princess MadelynneRabb's Avatar

I have to admit, I'm happy with the final 3. I like the cowboys, and I hope they win, but the reality TV sadist in me was hoping for Dan and Jordan to make it because it'll be fun to watch the stress of the final leg eat them alive. (I also think that Brent and Caite's bickering could cost them, too.)

Next week sounds great - San Francisco is one of my favorite cities (being from Northern California), and it sounds like they get to visit Skywalker Ranch, or at least Industrial Light & Magic. That's a feat in itself, because as far as I know, hardly anybody just gets to go to Skywalker Ranch.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3892488;
    It reminds me of a Nickelodeon game show where the contestants had a chance to actually be in a game. Forgot the name of the show, but it does have a similarity there - though with the added bonus now of having the ability to make said contestants virtual.
    Do you mean Nick Arcade? That was a fun show.
    I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can, even if there isn't any Narnia." -- Puddleglum, "The Silver Chair"

"Don't smoke. Don't drink and drive. And pay your taxes. Because they will find you." -- James, Big Brother 6

+ Reply to Thread