+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 4/4 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 4/4 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;3869872;
    We watch Cops every Saturday night. It always amazes us that the cameraman, with all the equipment being carried, can keep up easily with the cops as they're chasing fugitives on foot. And, invariably, the cops are WAY more out of breath than the bad guys when they finally catch them.

Cops should be like flight attendants. They should be required to maintain a certain weight after being hired.
    But I sure do appreciate their being there!
    I think the airlines dropped that requirement because some of the flight attendance now days could stand some Jenny Craig and definately a makeover

Quote Originally Posted by tarfan77;3869858;
    Not quite: Phil said they're the first team to win a leg in which they had to do a Speed Bump.
    Last to first and first to last all in the same episode, too. That was kind of freaky. Looking at it I would have totally chosen the stairs. The decision to do the flags gave it to them: sometimes I'm amazed at what an art picking the right detour for your team can be.

The cab driver who told them it was okay to get out of the car and run ahead screwed Steve and Allie (and Dan and Jordan, too).

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8Leigh;3869819;
    He's a coach (it looks like with the Indians now?) and did coach the Phillies when they won the Series in 2008.
    Thanks. I had no idea.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3869842;
    Love Steve and Allie - but what I really like about the teams that are eliminated is that they show such positivity. It was touching to see father/daughter get teary eyed.

the Cowboys - first team ever in the history of AR to go from last to first place - gotta love them! And they'll get to enjoy a very romantic vacation in Maui - lolz
    Yeah, romantic vacation for two...hope that means they each get to bring someone and that the vacation isn't just for the two of them! Not that they wouldn't enjoy Maui, but....

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3870137;
    Yeah, romantic vacation for two...hope that means they each get to bring someone and that the vacation isn't just for the two of them! Not that they wouldn't enjoy Maui, but....
    wouldn't that make it a trip for 4?

they're brothers anyway - so if they decide to vacay in Maui, no biggie, but they'll probably skip the romantic dinner.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I have to admit, the cowboys annoyed me in the beginning of the season but I'm really loving them now and for the last 2 weeks,they've been my favorite team! I'm in awe at how quickly they did the flag balance and the speed bump and then slid right into first. That was fantastic! I haven't seen them get upset with each other and things seem to slide right off their backs.

I was bummed to see Steve & Allie leave and loved their final PI. I'm ready for Caite and Brent and Brandi & Carol to go. Brandi just rubs me the wrong way (self righteous much?) and I'm tired of Caite referring to "the lesbians" -- let's clean house and have a double elimination next week.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

You know, watching this episode, it does teach one important lesson: learn some rather inane skills just in case. Cord and Jet apparently - or at least one of them - balanced a broomstick on their nose growing up.

And - just like last week with Steve and Allie with the tortoise - do some basic research before hand or at least common sense as you may find out the more "difficult or time-consuming" task might be the one that gets you ahead. I think this also was sadly their downfall: used it last week but didn't this week, switched to the much more time-consuming incense challenge and ended up eliminated.

While I would love to see Jet and Cord or the officers win, I will not be disappointed if anyone else wins except Carol and Brandy. I just don't feel they have even once been glad to be on this race.

Ger

I was so scared last week when the cowboys ended up in last place and knew they would have a speed bump to do this week BUT in the end they showed up in first place, what a Great day for them.

It just go's to show you that things that you learn as a kid growing up might be something you will need in grown up life and the broom trick they did as kids sure did save their ass in this race.
    They were so good at it especially the one brother.

I also felt so sorry for the father/daughter team that they ended up last.
    I agree that the taxi driver telling them they could get out of the taxi and run is what really got them so far behind and then the daughter would not try the flag balancing act so that threw them farther behind and in the end they just ended up in last place at the pit stop.

Was a really good show and my favorite team is still the cowboys and now do not have a 2nd favorite team but think I will go with the cops.

Oh, yes, those cops are not in that great a shape, especially the one.
    Thank God he was alright.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ger;3870975;
    I was so scared last week when the cowboys ended up in last place and knew they would have a speed bump to do this week BUT in the end they showed up in first place, what a Great day for them.

It just go's to show you that things that you learn as a kid growing up might be something you will need in grown up life and the broom trick they did as kids sure did save their ass in this race.
    They were so good at it especially the one brother.

I also felt so sorry for the father/daughter team that they ended up last.
    I agree that the taxi driver telling them they could get out of the taxi and run is what really got them so far behind and then the daughter would not try the flag balancing act so that threw them farther behind and in the end they just ended up in last place at the pit stop.

Was a really good show and my favorite team is still the cowboys and now do not have a 2nd favorite team but think I will go with the cops.

Oh, yes, those cops are not in that great a shape, especially the one.
    Thank God he was alright.
    Regarding the cops, especially the one who was wheezing last episode, I thought he mentioned previously that he had bad asthma - which is why it sounded like he was dying. But I may be remembering that incorrectly.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;3871061;
    Regarding the cops, especially the one who was wheezing last episode, I thought he mentioned previously that he had bad asthma - which is why it sounded like he was dying. But I may be remembering that incorrectly.
    Still dangerous! He sounded really awful. While watching I wondered if he was asthmatic. If he is, it was not being controlled in any way at that point in time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast