+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: 3/14 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 3/14 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3855809;
    Oh, is that what it was? I thought it was just Vive la France, and that the we will prevail was some kind of loose translation... Didn't even realize there was an English part!
    Yes, I saw the vivA vs. vivE error, too... as I said, some old high school Spanish class sneaking in there.
    I think they were somewhat guessing and not really listening as well as they should have been.

The letter A is a dot and a dash, a dit and a dah, . _ a short and long sound.
    The letter E is just a dot, a dit, . a short sound only.

I think it was fairly difficult, especially with no S's or O's which almost everybody knows, but with that translation guide, they should have been able to get enough to put the phrases together.

I also always thought that they try to make the detours equally difficult but in different ways. I think the crawling under fire was super hard in a really physical way, and the Morse Code was difficult because it was puzzle you had to listen to, but under very noisy conditions.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Re: 3/14 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I have a friend who is a fellow TAR fan as well as a HAM radio operator, who got his license back when you had to learn Morse code at a certain rate of speed. I asked him what he'd have done and he said no way would he have done the code. He learned it for the test and promptly forgot it. He thought that it was really fast and the background noise would have added to the difficulty.

On a different topic, does anyone think that there was a missing Roadblock that was edited out for time? It has happened in the past on rare occasions, but usually fans notice from screenshots that the clue the racers are holding doesn't match the voiceover. I have no reason to believe that there was a Roadblock, I'm just curious what others think.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567