+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 3/14 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 3/14 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Last night show was quite boring and slow. I started doing house chores. No funny moments are comments. That one detective needs to lose some weight. He was just a huffing and puffing crawling through the mud. I guess too many donuts would do that too you, plus he seems like a smoker.

I really believe if Joe/Heidi had to ride the bikes, that would have been their downfall. I would have U-turned Carol/Brandy
    There's no place like home!

People have commented for several weeks how boring the show is. But we got what a lot asked for...no bickering, backstabbing, whinning, etc. Personally I am finding this season enjoyable.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3854764;
    I felt bad for Joe and Heidi, but he was being quite arrogant on the bus. I think the detectives just intended to take his ego down a notch and probably didn't expect that to cause them to be eliminated.
    I think so too - if they had no respect for their gameplay, I think they'd just not used it.

I wonder if the morse code was really that difficult or if they were just frustrated and couldn't put it together.
    If the Morse code was indeed being punched in like we were hearing, yes, it is very difficult. I would hope they'd slowed it down just a little bit in order to try and give them a fairer shot at it.

This is why going under fire was the best one of the two - people mostly don't know Morse Code - in fact, I only caught "prevail" when I was listening to it.

Would have liked to see more of Jet and Cord tonight.
    Same here, and it was so funny to see them without their cowboy hats on today. Thought they were superglued on given how the one hat stayed on when one of them did the bungee cord.

Caite and Brent are very likeable. They seem to roll with the punches very well, whether throwing up, having to go back to find clues, etc. Always positive and upbeat (although it looks like next week, that may change!).
    I agree - and feel that, unless they give up, they're just hitting one of those walls that will either make or break them. If they do what they've been doing, this will be a minor frustration and they'll be stronger for it.

They REALLY don't care if we see anything of the father/daughter team (see, I can't even remember their names!). Also, I didn't realize that he was a major league baseball coach and won the World Series a year or two back. Impressive!
    I like Steve and Allie (their names ). Right now they're UTR in my opinion, and they're saving up their story for future episodes. I hope though it's not the one that leads up to their elimination. She did look cute wearing that moustache though - ranked up there with the Globetrotters wearing that gear last year in the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3854918;
    People have commented for several weeks how boring the show is. But we got what a lot asked for...no bickering, backstabbing, whinning, etc. Personally I am finding this season enjoyable.
    Same here - save the Lesbian duo's bickering and insulting Caite for a mistake she made a couple of years ago in a pageant speech. She does make mistakes, but hell, she's doing pretty well in this contest considering.

At Elimination Station Joe said he was going to throw Louie and Michael under the bus for the U-Turn. Uh...how are you going to do that if you are no longer in the race?

I saw the U-Turn as personal and set up on the bus ride to France. Of the two right behind them they chose the couple who annoyed them. "Got to take Joe down a peg or two."

Other than Carol and Brandy I'm finding the remaining teams to be a delight to watch; not boring at all.

For some reason the set-up on my DVR for CBS was off one hour last night...but in the wrong direction. All the other shows recorded just fine. Thank goodness I was in front of the TV at 8PM and could watch it as it showed. If anyone else had a problem last night, the Episode is up at CBS.com.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3854966;
    At Elimination Station Joe said he was going to throw Louie and Michael under the bus for the U-Turn. Uh...how are you going to do that if you are no longer in the race?
    Only way he can get "even" would be to trip up the duo in the dash to the final mat if they were in the final three. Sounds like Joe was very bitter grapes - and while I can understand this wasn't exactly the fairest of the U-Turns (as most don't know Morse or have a working knowledge of it), it still was one that could be completed.

I saw the U-Turn as personal and set up on the bus ride to France. Of the two right behind them they chose the couple who annoyed them. "Got to take Joe down a peg or two."
    I think it was a mix of both - personal for the reasons above, as well as strategic. Joe and Heidi were a very strong team and could've easily taken over the lead whereas Steve and Allie were not. They also knew they were in the lead, so the others weren't as much of a threat.

Other than Carol and Brandy I'm finding the remaining teams to be a delight to watch; not boring at all.
    Same here.

For some reason the set-up on my DVR for CBS was off one hour last night...but in the wrong direction. All the other shows recorded just fine. Thank goodness I was in front of the TV at 8PM and could watch it as it showed. If anyone else had a problem last night, the Episode is up at CBS.com.
    That's weird - good thing you didn't miss the episode.

Ger

I liked last nights show and am enjoying most of the teams this season except I also do not like the lesbian couple. The one especially just plain moans and bitches about everything that I really wonder why she came on the show at all.

The cowboys are my favorite and I am rooting for them to win.

I also like the father/daughter team.

FORT Fan

I was sad to see the team get eliminated because of the Uturn. The task seemed too hard so it was a bad choice to put the uturn there. Don't care for Brandy and Carol and laughed when Brandy kept saying "I didn't sign up for this!" Um, yes you did you numb nut! And I was getting annoyed at how long it took Jeff to figure out the clue inside the baguette- what a dolt. Don't care for Caite either- does she ever stop talking?

I don't know Morse code very well and I'm sure I'd have had a very hard time actually figuring it out, but my first guess would have been "Vive La France." How could there be a WWI simulation without that phrase being a part of it? I was trying to will them to try it. I was sorry to see Joe and Heidi eliminated.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast