+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 3/7 Show Discussion *spoilers*

Re: 3/7 Show Discussion *spoilers*

Jeff and Jordan should have shown the driver the clue. Their cab driver would have known where to go if they had done that. I don't know why anyone would leave the the sauerkraut challenge. It was very easy.
    We don't know if they showed him the clue or not...all we really know is that they gave him the address and he mistyped it into his GPS.

And I couldn't have done the sauerkraut challenge (and I love sauerkraut, but I couldn't have eaten it that fast).

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss;3850892;
    Well on almost every leg of every single season someone is bleeped. I am sure you don't want your kid to be hearing those words right? They only SAID the word strip bar. Had they gone in you would be in the right about being MOG offended. But merely walking outside them on the side of the road is bit much to be offended by. And really your kid would only know that she was underaged if you told her. The girl is almost 21. She isn't going to look magically different in a year. So your kid didn't know any underage drinking was going on. And it wasn't underage drinking anyway as they were in a different country at the time.
    And she didn't really drink (although I definitely got the impression she drinks other stuff--of course ONLY when she's in Europe! ). And if your 8 year old knows what a strip joint is... well, I'd have beens surprised if mine did. And in that case seeing people walk by one on the street isn't going to educate them further. To me, and I'd guess most kids, it just looked like a busy street with lots of neon, confusing. Especially since they were doing a lot quick cuts. From what I recall of my 8 year olds the part that would have fascinated them would have been all the belching post sauerkraut and beer!

I actually think this is a good show for kids to watch... a kind of grown up where in the world is Carmen what's her name. Yes, the occasional blip, but no more than you'd get walking down a big city street in the US and walking by a Victoria's Secret, say. As long as you don't make a deal out of it the kids probably won't even notice.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3851314;
    To me, and I'd guess most kids, it just looked like a busy street with lots of neon, confusing. Especially since they were doing a lot quick cuts. From what I recall of my 8 year olds the part that would have fascinated them would have been all the belching post sauerkraut and beer!
    Exactly! My kids(8,5, and 3 years old-though the 3 year old doesn't really pay attention) watch with me. They have no clue what a strip club is and I doubt they thought much about it based on what was shown. To them it was a crowded busy street. My 8 year old commented that it looked like New Orleans. And yes, they were quite impressed with all the burping.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Aww, man...Jeff had me cracking up! But I was so nervous for them! I knew they were going to be the bottom couple...but I had a feeling it would be a non-elimination round. Whew!

I agree that J&J should have stuck with the eating comp...they were already there, just stuff it down! But it was darn funny watching Jordan plug her nose and her ears somehow at the same time. And then book it to leave as soon as the music was over. I hope they don't go next week. I think they make great TV!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;3850508;
    Oh yeah. Also the model couple beer incident. Where he had to drink all that beer because she didn't like the taste. He went outside to throw up half of it only to come back inside the bar to hear her say "Babe you still have some left to drink." At that point, I would have made her drink the rest. You think she would have offered to finish it, since he got sick from it? The people in the bar thought they were too funny.
    I really thought they should have been penalized for him puking. Not fair to the rest of the teams that kept it down!!!
    I can't frown when I see you smile.

To the Point

There have been challenges in the past on TAR where they actually provided a chuck bucket, so I don't think they have a problem with a team that ends up purging "whatever" may have been the task. I also think it would be just as difficult to go back and finish AFTER just throwing up. While that obviously wasn't an issue for him, it would be for many. I have no problem with him puking. There may have been others than got sick later and we just didn't see it, who knows.

I guess I just watch too much Reality TV...on Survivor, there would have been consequences for throwing up! LOL
    I can't frown when I see you smile.

To the Point

Well, I'd love to know just how many ounces of beer that boot held.

I have read possibly 60 ounces, but cannot find out for sure.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fogey

The drinking of a beer is not inherently evil.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast