+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 3/7 Show Discussion *spoilers*

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: 3/7 Show Discussion *spoilers*

To give Jordan her due, she did say in one of her "in the moment" shots that she & Jeff had made a pact where he would do the gross food challenges and she would do anything height-related. Since she's done 2 height challenges and he barely made it through the saurkraut, I'd say she's doing more than her fair share.

I love J&J, don't get me wrong, but I really dislike the non-elimination weeks. It just makes it seem so skewed towards a 'favorite' team. And you can't tell me that the other teams wouldn't feel that way as well.

The cowboys are a hoot--who knew that one of their hats wouldn't fall? And kudos to them for not complaining about the challenge after never having a drink and just doing it. Someone asked how they'd never had a drink before-- and I think one of them answered it last night -- they're from the Bible Belt. Lots of people down here don't drink for religious reasons.

Do drinking challenges happen every season? I can't remember from the other seasons I've watched. I didn't have a problem with the drinking but to have to drink that much so fast? That's crazy! And you could see who'd had too much, which I didn't think was cool.

Well, looking forward to next week. This week was kind of boring.
    Last edited by cantstopwatchin; 03-08-2010 at 01:35 PM.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3850493;
    To give Jordan her due, she did say in one of her "in the moment" shots that she & Jeff had made a pact where he would do the gross food challenges and she would do anything height-related. Since she's done 2 height challenges and he barely made it through the saurkraut, I'd say she's doing more than her fair share.

I love J&J, don't get me wrong, but I really dislike the non-elimination weeks. It just makes it seem so skewed towards a 'favorite' team. And you can't tell me that the other teams wouldn't feel that way as well.

The cowboys are a hoot--who knew that one of their hats wouldn't fall? And kudos to them for not complaining about the challenge after never having a drink and just doing it. Someone asked how they'd never had a drink before-- and I think one of them answered it last night -- they're from the Bible Belt. Lots of people down here don't drink for religious reasons.

Do drinking challenges happen every season? I can't remember from the other seasons I've watched. I didn't have a problem with the drinking but to have to drink that much so fast? That's crazy! And you could see who'd had too much, which I didn't think was cool.

Well, looking forward to next week. This week was kind of boring.
    I remember last year they had to transport to another location without spillig it. I don't recall were they had to actually drink it.

I would think that the pre-show interviews with the participants were very invasive and had there been any recovering alcoholics or those opposed to drinking at all this challenge would’ve either have not been used or used as a choice. When folks sign up for this show they know anything can be thrown at them and if they have issues with that that’s something that is their responsibility to address up front, or just don’t do the show.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3850345;
    It was a very funny episode. Don't forget the dectectives.
    Oh yeah. Also the model couple beer incident. Where he had to drink all that beer because she didn't like the taste. He went outside to throw up half of it only to come back inside the bar to hear her say "Babe you still have some left to drink." At that point, I would have made her drink the rest. You think she would have offered to finish it, since he got sick from it? The people in the bar thought they were too funny.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3850314;
    Caite is a whiney little girl - she needs to man up.
    And Jordan is a whiny little girl. Plus a wimp on top of that. Caite makes some noise, its true, and its a bit irritating sounding, but unlike Jordan I don't notice her ever giving up on anything.

Although to give Jordan credit, at least she's done the wire thing, and the bungee pretty well. But she falls to pieces lots of other times.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

PWS
    FORT Fogey

To be fair to Jordan, she's had a very sheltered life so far as I can tell, in terms of stepping outside her middle America small town bubble. Since she went on BB her life's turned upside down. And, my guess is that the TAR decision is very much Jeff's, with Jordan going along--he's the instigator in the relationship.
    Since they got so messed up by the taxi driver (it seemed) I'm glad they weren't eliminated. I think without that GPS incident they would have come in far higher up the list.
    People keep talking about the gay brothers, and I do agree that one at least I assumed was gay, but in his bio he refers to his life partner who has a female name (not that that means anything these days!).
    Re the drinking--at least it was near the end---after that all they had to do was take a cab to the red light district and find the Beatles bar.

FORT Fogey

Jeff and Jordan should have shown the driver the clue. Their cab driver would have known where to go if they had done that. I don't know why anyone would leave the the sauerkraut challenge. It was very easy.
    It was interesting how the order changed so quickly after the intersection. I wouldn't have predicted the cops would arrive in first place.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3850578;
    To be fair to Jordan, she's had a very sheltered life so far as I can tell, in terms of stepping outside her middle America small town bubble. Since she went on BB her life's turned upside down. And, my guess is that the TAR decision is very much Jeff's, with Jordan going along--he's the instigator in the relationship.
    Since they got so messed up by the taxi driver (it seemed) I'm glad they weren't eliminated. I think without that GPS incident they would have come in far higher up the list.
    People keep talking about the gay brothers, and I do agree that one at least I assumed was gay, but in his bio he refers to his life partner who has a female name (not that that means anything these days!).
    Re the drinking--at least it was near the end---after that all they had to do was take a cab to the red light district and find the Beatles bar.
    In the opening interviews the brothers said one was gay and one was not. The one who bungee jumped is not.

I'm really, really loving this season. There's not a boring team in the bunch... except Steve/Allison and maybe Joe/Heidi. But really, other than that, I think the casting crew assembled a great bunch of people. I was not expecting to like Jet/Cord in the slightest, but they're so great to watch. They're now my favorites.

Not to mention that the route so far has been great. I feel like the producers really tapped into the culture of the places visited. So far, so good. Hopefully this season remains this way.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3850469;
    I did not like this episode much at all. My eight year old watches it with me, and they had drinking and strip bar comments. I am not personally offended by it, but it is shown at eight here, and that is not a time that we should see people talking about strip bars and drinking beer when underage.
    Well on almost every leg of every single season someone is bleeped. I am sure you don't want your kid to be hearing those words right? They only SAID the word strip bar. Had they gone in you would be in the right about being MOG offended. But merely walking outside them on the side of the road is bit much to be offended by. And really your kid would only know that she was underaged if you told her. The girl is almost 21. She isn't going to look magically different in a year. So your kid didn't know any underage drinking was going on. And it wasn't underage drinking anyway as they were in a different country at the time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast