+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2/28 Show Discussion *spoilers*

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Re: 2/28 Show Discussion *spoilers*

I'm starting to really love the cowboys. They are smart (demonstrated in their bus riding AND they knew Butch Cassidy & Sundance from that picture), AND they are good under pressure, AND they have a sense of humor (and can laugh at themselves). On the roping challenge they made a couple of cute remarks... One was something like "I saw some ropes hanging there, and I didn't know what we had to do, but I knew I was going to like it".

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3842810;

eta

Anyone else think it was strange that the father/daughter team was in 2nd place, but the show barely showed them?
    I found this odd too. When they came in 2nd I was actually thinking 'how did they get 2nd?' Because we hadn't been shown hardly any of it.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;3842907;
    I found this odd too. When they came in 2nd I was actually thinking 'how did they get 2nd?' Because we hadn't been shown hardly any of it.
    I also found this surprising.

Jeff told Jordan they were dumb and did not need to reproduce!!!! When they did not see the clue about who to give the treasure to.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3842810;
    Good thing they weren't filming the show now in Chile! What was the prize Team Cowboys won? Was it for Argentina or Chile...don't think they will be heading there any time soon.
    A trip to Patagonia, which is located partly in Chile, partly in Argentina.

The lesbians had been dating for five months before appearing on the show - did they immediately apply to the show once they started dating or what?

I think most teams chose the compass task because they thought they would have to ride real horses in the polo task (which would have been much harder if you have no experience riding horses) - the clue did not make it clear that they were fake horses.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Boy we sure don't have the brighest bunch of teams this years, with the exception of the cowboys, but I'm sure their turn is coming to screw up.

Funniest moment to me were:

1. the two detectives couldn't read a compass. That one detective saying that he only serves warrants when asked if he knew were north east was. Too funny.

2. The two brothers when their car stalled out. The one brother gets out and push and asked the other to put the car in neutral. I think you can clearly tell that the brake was still on.

3. The Asian married couple. The husband tells the wife, we don't need to count steps I have a compass on my watch.
    He said that like he was SuperMan coming to save the damsel in distress.

These moments had me rolling on the floor laughing.

I'm still rooting for Jeff and Jordan, I have to say I'm actually sitting on the edge of the couch when they couldn't find the gunslinger. They are doing so much better than I thought.

The writing was there for the moms this week, especially when they said they want to show their kids that women can do anything (or something like that), those comments always lead to being sent home.

Cowboy, ugh!!!!

I won't say which team I'm rooting for, cuz that will just jinx them
    I just shook my head during lots of this episode. Is common sense that uncommon? Why are so many of the teams this season having such a hard time reading and following directions?
    What is it with Reality Shows jinxing countries? Samoa got slammed or pretty much wiped out after Survivor, now the earthquake in Chile after TAR visits ...
    Self-reliance is the only road to true freedom, and being one's own person is its ultimate reward.
    --Patricia Sampson

I know some think this is a boring season, but personally I am enjoying the race. We seldom see bickering among the partners and I think only once between teams.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fogey

Take out Jeff/Jordan and The Iraq team and I love this season too. I hate casted reality shows, but the other teams are all really funny. There are not too many alpha male strong muscles teams either.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast