+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2/21 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 2/21 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Well, played Cow boys! I thought it was a great move not to tell the other teams about the other terminal. Very sneaky. What were Jeff/Jordan and the models thinking? The bus was just going to come to them? I like the cow boys.

I am glad team Grandma went home. They didn't have the eye of the tiger. They weren't competitive enough to stay. But way to take a cow kick to the head!

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak;3835185;
    Do real cowboys, you know...workin' the herd, wear plastic baggies over their hats?
    I thought cowboys do the nasty on each other when they are alone together herding in the mountains. At least that's what I saw in this movie a few years ago

I'm glad that team Grandma went home too. They are not competitive at all. They take their time and grandma didn't even have a sense of urgency after learning that they weren't last. The moment she got kicked and spilled her milk, I knew it was over for them even though the detective slipped and spilled his ingredients and had to do it all over again. Those cows have lots of milk, why not just place the cup on the floor and use both hands using two teats to fill the cup? Why didn't the granddaughter do the challenge since she would be faster doing it?

I have a question:

Arriving in Puerto Varas at 11:00pm, Jet & Cord jumped in a car and drove to Petrohue Hotel as rain began to fall. Pulling into the hotel, they discovered that the marked path to the lake didn’t open until 7:30am so they bedded down for the night in their car.
    That was the neutralizer. If the lake didn't open until 7:30am, that means Jordan/Jeff, Brent/Caite, Joe/Heidi, and Carol/Brandy caught up with the cowboys (they arrived at 6:45am and 7:00am which is before the lake opened). So the cowboys lost their 8 hr lead. But the thing is, shouldn't they be shown going to the lake and riding the boat at the same time because all 5 teams were waiting for the lake to open? Shouldn't all 5 teams arrive about the same time doing the Llama challenge?

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;3835630;
    If the lake didn't open until 7:30am, that means Jordan/Jeff, Brent/Caite, Joe/Heidi, and Carol/Brandy caught up with the cowboys (they arrived at 6:45am and 7:00am which is before the lake opened). So the cowboys lost their 8 hr lead. But the thing is, shouldn't they be shown going to the lake and riding the boat at the same time because all 5 teams were waiting for the lake to open? Shouldn't all 5 teams arrive about the same time doing the Llama challenge?
    The drive from the bus station to the hotel was obviously longer than 45 minutes: from the comments the racers made it sounds like people were about 10-15 minutes behind the cowboys getting to the clue on the hill, so assume an hour's drive from the bus to the hotel...

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;3835447;
    Detectives were lucky that Jeff and Jordan ran into them and not the cowboys. The cowboys would have left them without directions. Hope the cowboys decision to not reveal the bus schedule won't come back to bite them in the butt. Good Karma and all that...

see I don't know enough about this show, but i thought that the cowboys would've done better to align with the beauty queen and the BB's and take them with them so as to not draw attention to them coming out first when they clearly were supposed to leave much later.

I don't know if alliances work to your advantage or disadvantage on this show, but I would think with so many teams it would make sense to not draw negative attention to yourself. Are they allowed to sabotage other teams?
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

It depends on when this was actually filmed as to the type of hat a cowboy would wear. In the summer, straw hats, in the winter, some type of felt. I work with a guy that never goes anywhere without his cowboy hat.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3836604;
    see I don't know enough about this show, but i thought that the cowboys would've done better to align with the beauty queen and the BB's and take them with them so as to not draw attention to them coming out first when they clearly were supposed to leave much later.

I don't know if alliances work to your advantage or disadvantage on this show, but I would think with so many teams it would make sense to not draw negative attention to yourself. Are they allowed to sabotage other teams?
    This early on alliances can work to your advantage, especially if you have good reason to know that you'll arrive somewhere so much earlier than everyone else. They were fighting for first place at that point and so the cowboys probably would have been better off telling the other two teams the problem. They wouldn't really lose anything since they weren't going to be in last place (maybe a first place prize but getting further in the race would seem more important to me). They would have gained the good will of the 2 teams though for sure who IMO would then be more likely to help them later. In Jeff and Jordan's case I'm not sure it would matter as we see that so far they are being helpful in that they did tell the detectives that they were heading in the wrong direction. For sure those two teams would remember the cowboys telling them of the error.

Having said that, I am normally not opposed to teams withholding information, it is a race. So I'm ok with the cowboys doing what they did, I just personally think they would have served themselves better by telling what they found out, especially this early in the race, and them being so far ahead.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Wow, thought the episode was kind of lame. I know lots of people don't like them but Jeff & Jordan were one of the only interesting facets to Sunday's show. And since I've only seen a couple of seasons-- do teams normally help each other out like that (saving places in line?)?? Thought that was kind of lame and agreed with the cops--they're not in grade school anymore. Not that it mattered in the end -- I was glad the other teams figured out another way.

As much as I want to dislike the cowboys for not letting the other teams know they had to go to a diff. terminal, I guess I can't fault their strategy and it made sense to keep their mouths shut. That being said, their "golly gee, good gravy" personas grate on me. And a raincoat for a cowboy hat--who knew? I thought the hats were supposed to keep their heads dry. I didn't realize the hat needed its own 'hat'.

You could tell team Grandma was going home but boy did I feel bad for her when she got kicked in the head--that looked like it hurt! And if I were one of her other grandchildren, I don't know how I'd feel about her line re: knowing her granddaughter the best and admiring her the most. [Whoever said her voice grated-- it did with me too!]

I wish we'd gotten more scenes than just a team yelling at each other. I always feel bad when teams implode like that.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3837110;

You could tell team Grandma was going home but boy did I feel bad for her when she got kicked in the head--that looked like it hurt! And if I were one of her other grandchildren, I don't know how I'd feel about her line re: knowing her granddaughter the best and admiring her the most. [Whoever said her voice grated-- it did with me too!]
    That comment bothered me a lot. I cannot imagine a grandparent favoring a child and saying it in public (national tv). I am sure she is apologizing right and left to the others.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3837243;
    That comment bothered me a lot. I cannot imagine a grandparent favoring a child and saying it in public (national tv). I am sure she is apologizing right and left to the others.
    I was thinking the same thing, as well.
    I was hoping this team would do better. It was obvious the grandma had some spunk to her; she just needed more of it and so did her granddaughter.

THanks to Luvlady for advising as to Jordan's stomac ache affecting her mood on this leg. Hope she's in better spirits next week.

I also agree with Jammy Joe about the cowboys. Everytime I look at them, I keep thinking of Heath and Jake. I guess they're just not the most studly cowboys I've ever seen.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread