+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2/14 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 2/14 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

The thing is...Jordan is smarter than she comes off as. She's just led a very sheltered life and hasn't had a chance to have many life experiences. She was smart enough to not sleep with Jeff in the BB house and to wait until they got out to start a relationship. She also bought her mom a home with her winnings (instead of blowing it) and she has a pretty good read on people. That's how she won BB, she aligned herself with people she could trust and count on and it paid off. She really does have her 'ditzy' moments. I can't deny that, but when it comes to the important stuff, she seems to have it together. But her and Jeff together are comic gold..
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

This first show of this season reminded me why I love TAR so much. It's still my favorite of all the reality shows. So many funny moments last night. Loved Jeff's quips, but that father and daughter painting inside that house. Wow, hilarious. I had to rewind it a few times, then show it to my family. My teenager actually came out of her room to view it. The guy in the house, so funny when he said he didn't know what they were doing there, then later when it said it was ugly and they weren't doing a good job. The camera guy had to have told them not to interfere, why else would they just let her go on painting that whole section of wall. Then when she asked for the clue and he held up his hands--fantastic. I laughed so hard. I really think that's one for the records books, along with 'my ox is broke' and 'don't let the cheese hit me'.

Loved when Jeff asked Jordan if she'd ever watched Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego. She may be just too young for that show, but still a funny line from Jeff never-the-less. The brothers making fun of the SC girl all over the place were not so endearing. I'm glad they also got a penalty. What about them trying to think they could lie about what happened to their paint brush. Yeah, the cameramen never tell the producers what's going on. MrCoz wondered why they only got a 15 min. penalty when the others received a 30 min. penalty. Of course we only learn the rules when they come into play. I did mention that it did seem somewhat fair as they certainly didn't gain any time by having only one person available to paint, that already gave them a time disadvantage. I did tell him about the extra time given if you take a faster way (ie the cab ride resulting in 30+ mins gained by riding instead of walking for the lawyer chicks in whatever season that was.)

I guess I'll have to work on learning the new names of these contestants. I never learn them early on, so right now Jeff and Jordan are the only ones I know. I love that the banner is updated for this season but I wish I could see the people better and their names were there. I use those banners a lot at the beginning of seasons when I haven't learned everyone yet.

Also couldn't believe the cops thinking they needed to paint that graffiti. They were supposed to look for the painters. At least dad/daughter team found painters. That section was another where Jeff had the logical reason for looking where they did-- Go up because it's never going to be easy. Despite Jordan wanting to go to China they did very well this leg.

Cowboys changing their money for something other than American was crazy. Why would they think that getting money changed to a different country's money than where they were going would help them? But wow, they made up time at the end of the leg. Last to 3rd is pretty impressive. They were helped by teams not beign able to cross the wires well, and painting the wrong places, losing paint brushes, etc. but still they managed to pull ahead.

FORT Fan

The guy in the house, so funny when he said he didn't know what they were doing there, then later when it said it was ugly and they weren't doing a good job. The camera guy had to have told them not to interfere, why else would they just let her go on painting that whole section of wall. Then when she asked for the clue and he held up his hands--fantastic. I laughed so hard. I really think that's one for the records books, along with 'my ox is broke' and 'don't let the cheese hit me'.
    I wonder how much TAR paid those guys to repaint the room!

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3828778;
    Stopping in late to show my J&J love!!!! I was grinning ear to ear watching them again. I cracked up many a time at their back & forths or Jeff's witty comments. I'm so proud they made this leg of the race first ...as I wasn't sure how they would do. So far, so good! SO proud and happy for them!
    I agree. Physically they should do fairly well. I do worry about how knowledgable/wordly either of them are and if this will trip them up in the end! Oh well - I will enjoy watching them!

FORT Fanatic

Re the team that painted the inside of the house: didn’t their paint exactly match the color inside the house? How much of a coincidence was that? Hmmm…

How come the guy who didn’t finish just do what the other guy did when he fell…use just his arms to get across? Or why didn’t the woman/wife try it instead of him? I’m new to watching this show…can team members change out?

During BB11 there was a thread of Jeffism's he is very clever! I hope they do well and not get eliminated too early or a lot of you will miss out on the quips! Catie and her partner (forget his name) are going to be a strong team!
    Last nights quip: Jeff: first time out of the country/ got any illeagal fruit or plants on you?
    To be a Fly on the wall! Seek and ye shall find!

Ger

First show of the season and it was super great.

I agree, it was so hilarious to watch the daughter paint the inside of some one's house.

I felt so sorry for the couple that got the boot this week. How great of thim to try a second time to get across.
    I do agree that the wife should have done the stunt instead of him but even tho' he did not make it she never complained, what a great couple!!!!

I really like the cowboys and also enjoyed watching the grandmother/granddaughter.
    But really it will take me time to learn all the names and pick my favorites.

I am sure I will be corrected if wrong, but didn't they do a 2 hour opening last season? It seemed we got to see more of the dynamics of the teams to start.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3828807;
    The thing is...Jordan is smarter than she comes off as. She's just led a very sheltered life and hasn't had a chance to have many life experiences. She was smart enough to not sleep with Jeff in the BB house and to wait until they got out to start a relationship. She also bought her mom a home with her winnings (instead of blowing it) and she has a pretty good read on people. That's how she won BB, she aligned herself with people she could trust and count on and it paid off. She really does have her 'ditzy' moments. I can't deny that, but when it comes to the important stuff, she seems to have it together. But her and Jeff together are comic gold..
    I don't like that they used the clip where she has difficulty telling time. It’s not like she can’t do it at all, she has trouble with the quarters, quarter after, quarter to….etc.

And I agree that they were most likely given a flat fee to appear to crank up the ratings, since they do have a huge fan base. I’m watching for the first time ever, so it worked for me.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101;3828897;
    How come the guy who didn’t finish just do what the other guy did when he fell…use just his arms to get across? Or why didn’t the woman/wife try it instead of him? I’m new to watching this show…can team members change out?
    The other guy who fell didn't fall all the way to the end of his safety harness, but just onto the cable that he was standing on. So he was able to pull himself across. Adrian would have had to pull himself up to the "foot" cable to do that, and it looked like he was just too exhausted, even the first time.

From the CBS website's recap:

The Amazing Race Recap: Nanna is Kickin' Your Butt (Chile) - CBS.com

Roadblock: A Roadblock is a task that only one person can perform. In this Roadblock, one team member had to balance precariously 120-feet above the ground and walk a cable the length of a football field across a valley to the other side.
    There are different types of Route Markers. In Roadblocks, the team has to decide who is going to perform it based on the sentence or two on the clue. Once they decide, they open it up further to reveal the details of the roadblock.

They can not switch and if they opt to not do it at all, they have to wait out a time penalty before going on. Last season it was four hours. In this case, everyone else had checked in, so they got the dreaded visit from Phil before the time penalty was up.

ETA: Personally, I was disappointed with the premier. The teams appeared to be mediocre and the tasks seemed dumbed down accordingly. But I'll keep watching and hope for it to improve as TAR is my favorite!!!
    Last edited by veejer; 02-15-2010 at 02:14 PM.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

+ Reply to Thread