+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2/14 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 2/14 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I like Jeff, and think he is a great guy. I just do not see what he sees in Jordan, and am surprised outside of the BB house that the attraction is still there. She is not ugly, but nothing special, and she is jut not intelligent at all. Jeff seems like he needs someone to have a more witty conversation with. I see them as fizzling out once their fifteen minutes and her money is spent.

No way should Miss whatever be on the show. I am tired of AR thinking they need these castings. The show is doing fine without resorting to this nonsense. It is funny too that the contestants most people like are the most ordinary of people. Casting on a reality tv should be so easy. If you need eleven teams the first eleven people or teams is who is on period. That way you never know what you will get, and it is more real. I hate that they try and manipulate the shows to suit certain angles.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3830109;
    I like Jeff, and think he is a great guy. I just do not see what he sees in Jordan, and am surprised outside of the BB house that the attraction is still there. She is not ugly, but nothing special, and she is jut not intelligent at all. Jeff seems like he needs someone to have a more witty conversation with. I see them as fizzling out once their fifteen minutes and her money is spent.

No way should Miss whatever be on the show. I am tired of AR thinking they need these castings. The show is doing fine without resorting to this nonsense. It is funny too that the contestants most people like are the most ordinary of people. Casting on a reality tv should be so easy. If you need eleven teams the first eleven people or teams is who is on period. That way you never know what you will get, and it is more real. I hate that they try and manipulate the shows to suit certain angles.
    I thought this was a good first episode..

So if Jeff is a great guy, then you are basically saying that Jeff is using Jordan to further his 15 minutes and spending her money, if that's the case wow what a great guy....I like J/J period, if you watch them on the feeds or even this last video interview you will see we don't have to understand them as a couple but for right now they are very much a couple and seem to be very into each other..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Poor Jordan...I don't think she'd ever heard of Chile. She's just who she is. It's like she and Jeff are on this seesaw, and he's on the brainy side/she's on the ditzy side, but she is a good person. I got tickled when Jeff was reading a clue, and Jordan started reading aloud with him, and he said, "Shhhh...!" I guess it could seem a little insulting, but when you know you're unevenly matched...I get it. They work it out. I'm like Jeff...I can't lag back and wait for you to get it right, or to catch up. I think, physically, she's probably pretty good. I like it when everybody recognizes their strengths, and works toward them without getting offended. Not everybody is a brainiac, and that's OK.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

For those of us who do not watch BB, then all we see is a ditzy blonde.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3829125;
    For those who've been talking about Jordan's lack of intellect--we speculated during BB that she might have some sort of learning impediment. Not that it hurt her b/c she memorized things in a different way (and of course she won!) but I'm just throwing that out there...
    Big Brother may have more editing possibilities on each individual than AR does (with the limited background, situations for each person). These are probably the best of the best, or at least the funniest!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I don't think Jordan is exactly dumb, she just seems to have never been exposed to anything outside a very narrow life....or if she was it didn't take. So more uneducated than dumb. Of course she went to school, but it may well be that she has some kind of learning disability that made school not work for her. And her family does not seem to have "stimulated" her in other ways--e.g., travel. Plus of course she's cute and sweet so she's gotten by in life without any pressure to do things like learn geography (apparently like Miss SC, although who knows if she's sweet).
    I think Jeff likes her sweetness....when she isn't having PMS she really seems very nice... and her "unspoiledness". Just my guess.
    One example of her "small town smarts" (vs. street smarts) is the way she was able to keep a good looking guy 10 years older than her happy with her despite never getting much more than kisses from her over a 3 month period. Jeff's a guy who probably doesn't have trouble picking women up in bars, but despite being frustrated all that time somehow felt she was worth it.
    Of course she looked particularly sweet compared to most of the women who go on a show like BB.
    Someone above likened her to Gracie Allen--that's probably a good analogy. (Who knows what Gracie was really like, but Jordan seems much like her show biz image.) Sweet and ditzy. I'm someone who quickly gets fed up with ditziness, but somehow Jordan makes it work for me.

Love J&J, They are hilarious. She may not be the smartest around, however there is a difference between dumb and unworldly and inexperienced. I think she is refreshing and she definitely has a heart of gold. Unfortunately, her naivity could allow others to take advantage of her. That is where she and Jeff make a good team. He will protect her and she will make him smile and enjoy life.

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat;3829248;
    Just Juls, Can you answer the above? TIA
    [/QUOTE]We couldn't tell where they started from, looked like somewhere north/west of downtown. Some teams walked to Union Station & some took a bus there. I think the walkers got there first & then took something called the Flyaway.[/QUOTE]

What happened was that some teams walked to Union Station and then took the FLYaway bus directly to LAX which is faster and the other teams walked to the 7th street metro station where they took the train. The train is slower because you have to transfer to a different train and then take a shuttle to the airport.
    Last edited by Tigerusty; 02-16-2010 at 03:17 PM.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;3830385;
    Big Brother may have more editing possibilities on each individual than AR does (with the limited background, situations for each person). These are probably the best of the best, or at least the funniest!
    Actually most of the posters commenting watched the live feeds for BB, so their take has nothing to do with editing. They saw more than the edited version. The edited version will be all you see on TAR. Either way, Jordan is Jordan. She's sweet but ditzy.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3829080;
    They went to Union Station...I think thats what it was called and took some sort of air bus...like airport transportation. Well...at least thats what J&J did (and a few other teams). It was definitely the fastest way to go.

I didn't like that the Miss Teen chic said they came in 2nd either. Umm, no. If you had followed the instructions it would have taken you longer to get there...which means you probably wouldn't have made it that quick. Ugh. Don't like them.
    Many thanks.
    Union Station is in DT LA, so it sounds like they took either the Flyaway or the Metro - one of the few areas in LA that has some public transport to LAX.

I wish CBS would rerun this episode so I can catch up on my Jeffism's! I'm so sorry I missed the Carmen Sandiego comment! Priceless!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread