+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 145

Thread: Jordan and Jeff - TAR 16

  1. #81
    Dreamer VelvetRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In Wonderland
    Posts
    3,138

    Re: Jordan and Jeff - TAR 16

    Count me in the Jeff and Jordan supporter group. They're entertaining, and seem like they're probably good people in real life. If Jordan has a learning disability (or any other), my heart goes out to her.

    And regardless of whether they've found long-lasting love together, they seem to get along well (even with some bickering). One difference between them and certain other couples (on this and other seasons) is that they don't come across as mean-spirited in the least.

    TPTB haven't shown that much of them, especially in the first couple episodes. I watched specifically for J/J, and was left saying "what? that's all they're going to show of them?". I guess with so many teams, they only have so much time while still covering the game, travel, local culture, and the stuff that they think draws the most viewers in.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

  2. #82
    FORT Fogey anders332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,406

    Re: Jordan and Jeff - TAR 16

    I wonder how they decide who gets the most coverage - drama I guess?? The cowboys, the Lesbians, the model and her b/f, Heidi and Joe seem to be getting the lion's share of airtime week after week. I hope we see more of J&J tonight.

    I'd even like to see more of Steve and Allie - they seem to be a very strong team that i forget is there because they rarely focus any attention on them.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

    Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

  3. #83
    FORT Fogey carolinamom12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    BB Land
    Posts
    9,419

    Re: Jordan and Jeff - TAR 16

    I also like Jeff and Jordan. They seem to be a very nice people and the world could use more people like that. Whether they are genius or not.
    I don't expect them to win, but every Sunday night I am rooting for them.

  4. #84
    Romantic Dreamer Love_Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,843

    Re: Jordan and Jeff - TAR 16

    I hope Heidi and Joe or another team get U-Turned so Jeff and Jordan are not eliminated tonight.

    Thier edit has been really good despite what they said about fighting a lot during the race.

  5. #85
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565

    Re: Jordan and Jeff - TAR 16

    Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345;3854224;
    But couldn't Jordan just be dizty like Jessica Simpson? Alot of people are......The media use to call Jessica Simpson dumb alot, but the girl is laughing all the way to the bank.......I know my daughter had a 10th garde reading level when she was in the 6th grade but could not tell time worth a darn.........I think that with Jordan being from the south with her sothern drawl that also adds to the misconception that she is dumb...
    I don't see why people are fighting tooth and nail against the possibility that she might actually be dumb.

    I haven't seen any real evidence of dyslexia, nor does she really have the classic "ditz" attitude of someone who simply speaks badly but is secretly clever.

    The "from the South so people assume stupidity" counter-argument is not an actual argument. It's a blanket statement just as surely as the reverse would be. The South has its share of dummies, just as the North, East, West, Europe, Africa, Asia, etc. all do. Dummies live everywhere, just as smart people do. Does that prove Jordan is dumb? Of course not. Its not intended to. But her actual behavior doesn't support the idea that she's being short-changed by viewers simply because of her accent.

    "You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

  6. #86
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: Jordan and Jeff - TAR 16

    Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3856047;
    I don't see why people are fighting tooth and nail against the possibility that she might actually be dumb.

    I haven't seen any real evidence of dyslexia, nor does she really have the classic "ditz" attitude of someone who simply speaks badly but is secretly clever.

    The "from the South so people assume stupidity" counter-argument is not an actual argument. It's a blanket statement just as surely as the reverse would be. The South has its share of dummies, just as the North, East, West, Europe, Africa, Asia, etc. all do. Dummies live everywhere, just as smart people do. Does that prove Jordan is dumb? Of course not. Its not intended to. But her actual behavior doesn't support the idea that she's being short-changed by viewers simply because of her accent.
    Respectfully, it's not just the accent, but the whole manner of presenting, thinking, acting and moving about that seems to be the way many Southerners operate that cause people to think they aren't smart when they are.

    I don't know what Jordan's level of education is, but she also seems to have lead a somewhat sheltered life, and doesn't have a lot of physical stamina.

    In the most recent preview ( I didn't see it, just heard it) Jordan says "Joan of Arc ... that's the one who carried all the animals," and Jeff says, "Jordan, that was Noah !"

    That's not stupid ... that's maybe fatigue, lazy thinking, or very possibly some learning disability. She is not what I call quick witted, but I do not think she is stupid and I really love these two.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

  7. #87
    FORT Fogey luvlady345's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sunny, South Carolina
    Posts
    1,136

    Re: Jordan and Jeff - TAR 16

    Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3856911;
    Respectfully, it's not just the accent, but the whole manner of presenting, thinking, acting and moving about that seems to be the way many Southerners operate that cause people to think they aren't smart when they are.

    I don't know what Jordan's level of education is, but she also seems to have lead a somewhat sheltered life, and doesn't have a lot of physical stamina.

    In the most recent preview ( I didn't see it, just heard it) Jordan says "Joan of Arc ... that's the one who carried all the animals," and Jeff says, "Jordan, that was Noah !"

    That's not stupid ... that's maybe fatigue, lazy thinking, or very possibly some learning disability. She is not what I call quick witted, but I do not think she is stupid and I really love these two.

    To me the Joan of Arc is so Jessica Simpson-like her Chicken of the Sea moment is this chicken or fish? Very ditzy....Jordan only has one class left for her degree an she plan on taking that this summer and then she will appy for the Dental program on the road to achieving her dream job as a Dental Hygienist
    Last edited by luvlady345; 03-17-2010 at 07:32 PM.

  8. #88
    To the Point
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,586

    Re: Jordan and Jeff - TAR 16

    Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3856911;
    Respectfully, it's not just the accent, but the whole manner of presenting, thinking, acting and moving about that seems to be the way many Southerners operate that cause people to think they aren't smart when they are.
    I don't know what Jordan's level of education is, but she also seems to have lead a somewhat sheltered life, and doesn't have a lot of physical stamina.

    In the most recent preview ( I didn't see it, just heard it) Jordan says "Joan of Arc ... that's the one who carried all the animals," and Jeff says, "Jordan, that was Noah !"

    That's not stupid ... that's maybe fatigue, lazy thinking, or very possibly some learning disability. She is not what I call quick witted, but I do not think she is stupid and I really love these two.
    I bolded the first paragraph as this is primarily my focus. Let me preface the following by saying, I'm truly not angry just making a point. I just think assumptions and generalizations are dangerous avenues.

    I'm really curious and actually more puzzled as to how any of that is valid. I am southern to the very marrow of my bones, however, without hearing me speak, or reading my response to questions such as this, I feel pretty confident that you couldn't even begin to make a guess as to my heritage based on how I present myself, think, act or move. While I know people who may fit some specific attribute of the typical southern stereotypes, seldom do they fit them all and often very few. Also, there are many very positive parts of the southern stereotype that I wish would never diminish and are rarely mentioned. I've actually had some interesting experiences with people based on their perception of southerners which was based on this type thinking. While living in the mid-west, one of the funniest conversations I think I've ever had took place as a result of this very thing. We were at a gathering and I was engaged in conversation with a number of folks. I can't even remember the topic of conversation, however, we had only been chatting for a few minutes when one of the women said "I would never guess you are southern." My response was that she obviously didn't know very many. When I asked her why she would say that, her answer was directly related to the very things you mentioned. Southerners are just as varied in their attitude, ideals, actions and movement as any other area of the country. I think I probably understand the point that was being attempted, I just don't think it really holds water.

    I think I probably could have just answered with the last couple of sentences, however, since I've already typed this whole thing it's staying.

  9. #89
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,376

    Re: Jordan and Jeff - TAR 16

    Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345;3857168;
    To me the Joan of Arc is so Jessica Simpson-like her Chicken of the Sea moment is this chicken or fish? Very ditzy....Jordan only has one class left for her degree an she plan on taking that this summer and then she will appy for the Dental program on the road to achieving her dream job as a Dental Hygienist
    Which degree is that? High school? AA? BA? For those of us who don't know the requirements for a dental hygenist program. Thanks!

  10. #90
    FORT Fogey luvlady345's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sunny, South Carolina
    Posts
    1,136

    Re: Jordan and Jeff - TAR 16

    Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3857866;
    Which degree is that? High school? AA? BA? For those of us who don't know the requirements for a dental hygenist program. Thanks!
    Associate Degree,and then she can apply for the Dental Program anywhere she lives because a degree transfer,unlike alot of classes from a Community College where Jordan will recieve her degree from...

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.