+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 145

Thread: Jordan and Jeff - TAR 16

  1. #131
    FORT Fogey Coco46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,020

    Re: Jordan and Jeff - TAR 16

    Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3874059;
    And apparently several from The Biggest Loser... Maybe it's seeing each other at their "worst" that provides a solid basis, vs. only the very artificial we are all at our most spiffed up date scenarios of the dating shows. 3 months of BB or the grime of Survivor or the sweat of TBL might be a more 'real" basis of judging someone's "fit" than the weirdness that is competitive dating.

    You are right about this. In fact, both Jeff and Jordan made some comment like this on TAR. In BB, they had daily living, where they could not escape from each other, and on TAR, they experienced some of the most stressful situations ever! My husband of 42 years and I wouldn't survive either of those scenarios for a minute!!!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

  2. #132
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,145

    Re: Jordan and Jeff - TAR 16

    Quote Originally Posted by Coco46;3874120;
    You are right about this. In fact, both Jeff and Jordan made some comment like this on TAR. In BB, they had daily living, where they could not escape from each other, and on TAR, they experienced some of the most stressful situations ever! My husband of 42 years and I wouldn't survive either of those scenarios for a minute!!!
    42 years!! What is your secret to staying together so long!! That is great.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  3. #133
    Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Where the Wild Things Are
    Age
    35
    Posts
    21,523

    Re: Jordan and Jeff - TAR 16

    Oh...I don't know. I think Jeff & Jordan got to see some pretty bad sides of themselves on BB. Anyone remember Jordan on her period? Or Jeff as HOH? I loved them...but that was a horrible two weeks!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

  4. #134
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,359

    Re: Jordan and Jeff - TAR 16

    Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3874291;
    Oh...I don't know. I think Jeff & Jordan got to see some pretty bad sides of themselves on BB. Anyone remember Jordan on her period? Or Jeff as HOH? I loved them...but that was a horrible two weeks!
    Right...that's my point---they got to see the bad side, the good, the bad, the ugly, so their attraction had to strong enough to survive that, not just based on the superficial looks/super good behavior artificial dating scenarios you get on the dating shows.
    Coco46, we beat you out...been together coming up on 46 years now, plus a couple of "less committed" years before that.
    And as Coco46 said, one of the secrets is not to get yourself trapped in a BB situation where you can never get away from each other and cool off! So that J & J survived that and the craiziness their life has been since, pretty good sign... now we'll see if they can still deal well when there's less adrenaline around.

  5. #135
    Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Where the Wild Things Are
    Age
    35
    Posts
    21,523

    Re: Jordan and Jeff - TAR 16

    Ahh, ok. I guess I mis-read it. I gotcha now!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

  6. #136
    FORT Fogey Coco46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,020

    Re: Jordan and Jeff - TAR 16

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3874281;
    42 years!! What is your secret to staying together so long!! That is great.

    Allowing the other to do their own thing every once in a while and then, not resenting them when they do!!!.....
    Last edited by Coco46; 04-10-2010 at 10:02 PM.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

  7. #137
    FORT Fogey Coco46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,020

    Re: Jordan and Jeff - TAR 16

    Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3874320;
    Right...that's my point---they got to see the bad side, the good, the bad, the ugly, so their attraction had to strong enough to survive that, not just based on the superficial looks/super good behavior artificial dating scenarios you get on the dating shows.
    Coco46, we beat you out...been together coming up on 46 years now, plus a couple of "less committed" years before that.
    And as Coco46 said, one of the secrets is not to get yourself trapped in a BB situation where you can never get away from each other and cool off! So that J & J survived that and the craiziness their life has been since, pretty good sign... now we'll see if they can still deal well when there's less adrenaline around.
    Congratulations, that's great!!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

  8. #138
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,145

    Re: Jordan and Jeff - TAR 16

    Quote Originally Posted by Coco46;3874404;
    Allowing the other to do their own thing every once in a while and then, not resenting them when they do!!!.....
    Great advice!
    I applaud both you and PWS. That is great!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  9. #139
    FORT Fogey luvlady345's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sunny, South Carolina
    Posts
    1,136

    Re: Jordan and Jeff - TAR 16

    Maybe it does have something to do with seeing someone at their worst..... Survivor has had 2 marriage, couples who has stayed together for years, even though they are not a dating show....BB has had many showmances and not one of them has gone the distance......

  10. #140
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,359

    Re: Jordan and Jeff - TAR 16

    Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345;3874463;
    Maybe it does have something to do with seeing someone at their worst..... Survivor has had 2 marriage, couples who has stayed together for years, even though they are not a dating show....BB has had many showmances and not one of them has gone the distance......
    Yet! I do think J & J have the best chance of any BB couple I've seen, even though they have some things against them as well (e.g., age difference, his much more hyper competitive style, etc.).

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.