+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Jordan and Jeff - TAR 16

Re: Jordan and Jeff - TAR 16

Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345;3858186;
    Associate Degree,and then she can apply for the Dental Program anywhere she lives because a degree transfer,unlike alot of classes from a Community College where Jordan will recieve her degree from...
    Actually, Piedmont Community College here in Charlotte, NC has an excellent dental hygienist program. Know several people that graduated for there and have great jobs. That is a possibility for her. She is still talking about going back to school and I hope she does.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46;3858288;
    Actually, Piedmont Community College here in Charlotte, NC has an excellent dental hygienist program. Know several people that graduated for there and have great jobs. That is a possibility for her. She is still talking about going back to school and I hope she does.
    I am aware of that, but Jeff/Jordan said in the Vegas chat that one of them will move and Jeff pointed towards Jordan,so that is why I answered with the transferring of credits vs the degree, she will take the class this summer May-July....If they are still an item after Jordan completes this class, she will probably be moving to Chicago to start her Dental program.....

Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345;3858693;
    I am aware of that, but Jeff/Jordan said in the Vegas chat that one of them will move and Jeff pointed towards Jordan,so that is why I answered with the transferring of credits vs the degree, she will take the class this summer May-July....If they are still an item after Jordan completes this class, she will probably be moving to Chicago to start her Dental program.....
    I did not hear that chat, but what you are saying makes sense. I did see a short clip of this on their web site, and when Jeff said that one of them will move, I don't think Jordan saw him point to her, which I thought was a very funny scene! She is sooooo close to her family, so I wonder how that will play out. Of course, she has been away from them on BB, TAR, those times to see Jeff, and all the publicity they were required to do and she survived!

Since I saw her on BB, she struck me as ditzy. I didn't associate it with where she was from. I happen to think there are all types of people in this world. Not everyone is a rocket scientist. And that is OK.

I still don't think she's the sharpest tool in the shed but, again, that is OK, too.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3856911;
    Respectfully, it's not just the accent, but the whole manner of presenting, thinking, acting and moving about that seems to be the way many Southerners operate that cause people to think they aren't smart when they are.

I don't know what Jordan's level of education is, but she also seems to have lead a somewhat sheltered life, and doesn't have a lot of physical stamina.

In the most recent preview ( I didn't see it, just heard it) Jordan says "Joan of Arc ... that's the one who carried all the animals," and Jeff says, "Jordan, that was Noah !"

That's not stupid ... that's maybe fatigue, lazy thinking, or very possibly some learning disability. She is not what I call quick witted, but I do not think she is stupid and I really love these two.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3857753;
    I bolded the first paragraph as this is primarily my focus. Let me preface the following by saying, I'm truly not angry just making a point. I just think assumptions and generalizations are dangerous avenues.

I'm really curious and actually more puzzled as to how any of that is valid. I am southern to the very marrow of my bones, however, without hearing me speak, or reading my response to questions such as this, I feel pretty confident that you couldn't even begin to make a guess as to my heritage based on how I present myself, think, act or move. While I know people who may fit some specific attribute of the typical southern stereotypes, seldom do they fit them all and often very few. Also, there are many very positive parts of the southern stereotype that I wish would never diminish and are rarely mentioned. I've actually had some interesting experiences with people based on their perception of southerners which was based on this type thinking. While living in the mid-west, one of the funniest conversations I think I've ever had took place as a result of this very thing. We were at a gathering and I was engaged in conversation with a number of folks. I can't even remember the topic of conversation, however, we had only been chatting for a few minutes when one of the women said "I would never guess you are southern." My response was that she obviously didn't know very many. When I asked her why she would say that, her answer was directly related to the very things you mentioned. Southerners are just as varied in their attitude, ideals, actions and movement as any other area of the country. I think I probably understand the point that was being attempted, I just don't think it really holds water.

I think I probably could have just answered with the last couple of sentences, however, since I've already typed this whole thing it's staying.
    I really hope my comment didn't offend you. I watched Jordan on Big Brother and now on TAR and so I have seen her "ways", and please keep in mind that I was defending her against the "dumb" label.

When visiting family ( Eastern TN) frequently and having long telephone conversations with others ( various in NC ) my impression is they are more laid back in general and operate with a combination of simplicity, politeness and gentility. They also seem to thrive with an attitude that savors life rather than rushes through it. If you are from the South and live/lived in the Midwest, perhaps you have seen the difference in pace ?

I think Jordan's ways are sweet and warm and a little bit of the stereotypical variety. Here's to GRITS !
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46;3858738;
    I did not hear that chat, but what you are saying makes sense. I did see a short clip of this on their web site, and when Jeff said that one of them will move, I don't think Jordan saw him point to her, which I thought was a very funny scene! She is sooooo close to her family, so I wonder how that will play out. Of course, she has been away from them on BB, TAR, those times to see Jeff, and all the publicity they were required to do and she survived!

This is one of my guilty pleasures I follow J/J after BB,Jordan has said on radio interview recently with her hometown station that she would have to be the one to move to Chicago....This was around Feb., I think Jordan has comes to peace with leaving her family because she wants a family of her own..If they are still a couple I don't think Jordan will have an issue with leaving NC,it's only 1 1/2 hour flight.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3858804;
    I really hope my comment didn't offend you. I watched Jordan on Big Brother and now on TAR and so I have seen her "ways", and please keep in mind that I was defending her against the "dumb" label.

When visiting family ( Eastern TN) frequently and having long telephone conversations with others ( various in NC ) my impression is they are more laid back in general and operate with a combination of simplicity, politeness and gentility. They also seem to thrive with an attitude that savors life rather than rushes through it. If you are from the South and live/lived in the Midwest, perhaps you have seen the difference in pace ?

I think Jordan's ways are sweet and warm and a little bit of the stereotypical variety. Here's to GRITS !
    I get what you are saying I was raised in the south but moved away and lived out west for alot of my adulthood and just recently moved back to the south....You hit the nail on the head, we generally don't rush for anything..

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3858804;

Being from the South and living here all my life, I agree with you. I have traveled up North and do see how fast paced everything and everyone is, Would have a hard time adjusting, if I lived there!

Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345;3858861;
    This is one of my guilty pleasures I follow J/J after BB,Jordan has said on radio interview recently with her hometown station that she would have to be the one to move to Chicago....This was around Feb., I think Jordan has comes to peace with leaving her family because she wants a family of her own..If they are still a couple I don't think Jordan will have an issue with leaving NC,it's only 1 1/2 hour flight.
    I love to follow what these 2 are up to, but don't always get a chance. Good to know Jordan would be willing to move. That's why I have enjoyed watching TAR and when they leave, I won't watch anymore.

To the Point

Honestly, I didn't find the pace to be any different in the MidWest, however, I do agree that in the south southerners (felt the need to be specific because I think we are now out-numbered by those not of southern roots) tend to be more easy going and most try to be more polite. One of the biggest differences to me though was the approachability (is that a word?) of the people. People seemed a bit slower to warm to strangers.

No I wasn't offended and I do get what you meant.

+ Reply to Thread