+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jody and Shannon - TAR 16

Jody and Shannon - TAR 16

Jody Kelly
    Hometown: Round Rock, Texas
    Connection to your Teammate: Grandmother
    Current Occupation: Personal Trainer
    Pet peeve about your teammate: Sometimes her clothing choices seem a bit too revealing
    Favorite Hobbies: Triathlons, writing, reading and challenging myself
    Achievements: Other than giving birth to my four children, I am most proud of leaving behind my sedentary lifestyle five years ago and starting to live a healthy, athletic lifestyle
    Lifelong to do List: Finish a half ironman triathlon. Finish a full marathon. Publish another book. Motivate people to become active. Climb more Colorado mountains. Walk the Appalachian Trail. Go trekking in Norway. Bicycle through the Netherlands. Develop a TV show featuring elderly athletes
    If I could switch places with someone: It might be fun to be Carol Burnett for half a day, but then I'd want to come home
    Role Model/Hero: Sister Madonna Buder who finished the Kona ironman at age 78.
    What are you passionate about? I'm passionate about giving hope to people who think they can't change and helping them improve their lives
    What would you do if you won the million dollars? Donate half to the Strengthmobile Foundation and spend the other half on a 500-square foot condominium within a mile of Lady Bird Lake in Austin, Texas
    People would be surprised to learn: For two years in the mid 1990s, I performed amateur stand-up comedy to compensate for a really grim period I was going through
    Favorite place you have ever visited: Rural Ireland and Hua Hin, Thailand
    Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: Communicating and working together as a team
    What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other than winning one million bucks)? As the oldest person who has ever participated in the Race, I hope to show that age is more than a number

Shannon Foster
    Hometown: Georgetown, Texas
    Connection to your Teammate: Granddaughter
    Current Occupation: Healthcare Outreach Contract Analyst
    Pet peeve about your teammate: Grandma can get a bit uptight at times and has a tendency to get carried away
    Favorite Hobbies: Running, dancing and swimming
    Achievements: Getting my degree in Economics from Southwestern University in Georgetown, Texas
    Lifelong to do List: Run a marathon, earn a medical degree or physician assistant degree and join Doctors Without Borders
    If I could switch places with someone: I would never switch places with someone
    Role Model/Hero: All the strong-willed and capable women that I am related to -- my mom, grandma and great-grandma
    What are you passionate about? Staying fit and healthy and helping others do the same
    What would you do if you won the million dollars? I would backpack across Southeast Asia
    People would be surprised to learn: I lived in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia from eight months old until I was almost 10-years-old
    Favorite place you have ever visited: Either Angkor Wat in Cambodia or the Great Wall of China
    Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: Making quick decisions without my Mom acting as a middleman
    What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other than winning one million bucks)? To get a chance to travel with my grandma and to have an opportunity to practice making decisions in a fast-paced and competitive environment
    Jody and Shannon: The Amazing Race on CBS
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Re: Jody and Shannon - TAR 16

I love this team, but I have doubts they will go far I hope they prove me wrong and the grandma really rocks.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

The fact that the grandmother is a personal trainer might make her stronger than she looks. But I, too, have my doubts that they'll last long Here's hoping, though.

I'm sorry...I would never hire a 71 year old to be my PT. I'd be embarrassed that she could/would/most likely out-perform me... Seriously, how awesome is that? Granny rocks!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Pre-show favorites, for sure. If Nic/Don can make the F3 in TAR12, so can these two!
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I have a bad feeling that Jody may try to take on a challenge, to prove a point, that's too much for her instead of letting Shannon do it and that might be their downfall.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Newbie

Tremendous respect for Jody with such a good fitness level at that age, i hope they stick around. Shannon's pretty cute.

FORT Fan

I'm really liking this team. I'm glad they're getting respect from the other teams. I am really impressed with Jody's answers in that OP too. She's very ambitious but seems to have that something special to back it up.

Hopefully their experience with having been outside the States will be beneficial to them during the race.

Enjoyed them in the first episode. Hope they last a long time in the race.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Crossing my fingers for them---and wow, she only got up off the couch at age 66! There's hope for us all!

+ Reply to Thread