+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Jet and Cord - TAR 16

Re: Jet and Cord - TAR 16

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3899716;
    Now THAT'S how you use your celebrity (even if C or D list ) status - helping others. Even though Rupert is annoying the daylights out of me, he's the only other one I've seen legitimately do this.

(BTW, I know the Globetrotter team does too; however, they are a well-known entity with the team. I'm referring to no-names who have competed doing this. )

I wonder how fast those $500 tickets sold out though...
    Well, they are well known in the rodeo curcuit, so how they set this up with the Cord Invitational thing.

Sad that Jet and Cord did not win. They were my favs from the beginning.
    Nicest team not to win.

Quote Originally Posted by march;3901097;
    Sad that Jet and Cord did not win. They were my favs from the beginning.
    Nicest team not to win.
    You might want to take that statement back as their have been lots of allegations made recently about CBS purposely editing out the Cowboys homophobic behavior towards Jordan and Carol and Brandy throughout the race.

Several AR fans have reported that Jet used the "F-g" word in reference to Jordan and in front of Jordon's mother at TARCON this past weekend.

What I liked about them is that they kept their cool throughout the race & weren't freaking out & threatening to quit the race when it wasn't going their way (Kaite & whats his name at the coconut challenge). They seemed to really enjoy being on the race & looking at where they were.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Here is a pod cast interview with Cord.

Professional Bull Riders, Inc. - PBR.TV

Quote Originally Posted by mrsean;3901203;
    You might want to take that statement back as their have been lots of allegations made recently about CBS purposely editing out the Cowboys homophobic behavior towards Jordan and Carol and Brandy throughout the race.

Several AR fans have reported that Jet used the "F-g" word in reference to Jordan and in front of Jordon's mother at TARCON this past weekend.
    Even if he did, I'm still not affected by it. Dan and Jordan pulled a serious stunt on the final episode, with putting their bags behind the models and cutting in line after they showed up 2 hours after the cowboys. I'd probably be calling them both much worse, and on national TV. The cowboys were the nicest through out the whole season. They didn't pull any stunts or scew anyone over. They just played the game.

Quote Originally Posted by reneekk;3902157;
    Even if he did, I'm still not affected by it. Dan and Jordan pulled a serious stunt on the final episode, with putting their bags behind the models and cutting in line after they showed up 2 hours after the cowboys. I'd probably be calling them both much worse, and on national TV. The cowboys were the nicest through out the whole season. They didn't pull any stunts or scew anyone over. They just played the game.
    It wouldnt have mattered anyhow. They still got off the plane first, Brent and Caite checked in before them, and was seated in the back of the plane. And lets not forget the cowboys put their things on top of Caites at the Lucas challenge. The whole point is, when it comes down to it, ruthlessness comes out in any player. CBS thinks the boys won fairly, and so do I. Now, on to next year....

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3901573;
    Here is a pod cast interview with Cord.

Professional Bull Riders, Inc. - PBR.TV
    Did he say anything interesting in regards to TAR?
    I am getting a bad connection and it keeps cutting out on me.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrsean;3901203;

Nay but thanks anyway. I still like them.
    I did read where Jordan's mother said Jet said that but considering that the source would be a little biased would like to see it from someone else before believing. From reading different interviews Dan & Jordan have done they seem to be trying to save face on things they did in the race that fans didn't like and since the cowboys had a huge fan base trying to make them look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by laceygirl;3902169;
    It wouldnt have mattered anyhow. They still got off the plane first, Brent and Caite checked in before them, and was seated in the back of the plane. And lets not forget the cowboys put their things on top of Caites at the Lucas challenge. The whole point is, when it comes down to it, ruthlessness comes out in any player. CBS thinks the boys won fairly, and so do I. Now, on to next year....
    I'm tired of the allegations that Jet did Caite wrong because stuff got TOSSED onto Caite's. At that leg of the race I'm sure they were in a hurry and just tossed stuff around - not just the cowboys. And Caite was more in the wrong for not checking her stuff - especially when TWICE during the season that team a. forgot their information, and b. went to a pit stop before doing at least one if not two challenges. It's in a fricking hip pouch for goodness sake!

Point is, that was not a ruthless play - most likely it was an accident on his part whereas Dan and Jordan's was indeed deliberate. They knew what they were doing.

Originally Posted by mrsean

Listen, this allegation came from Dan and Jordan to begin with, and one of the two said they'd have to listen to that scene again to make sure that it happened. WHY then make the claim?

And - are these people even sure it was Jet who made the reference? Remember there are many people at these cons, and there are people who do not like gays at all. It's possible someone with a similar sounding voice made it and he's getting blamed for it. And how do they KNOW that this is Jordan's mother?

Look, he may have said it, he may not have, but let's be real here - the duo is from Oklahoma, a state that is seen as pretty intolerant of said group. If they had said this to the two during the race, it'd been aired just like Brent and Caite's attitude toward Carol and Brandy. They'd also shown shoving or other truly rude behavior toward the duo.

Oh, and the one time I've ever heard Jet or Cord say anything about B&C was that they essentially were bitter and needed to get over themselves (which was accurate).

Frankly, I'm disgusted that even this allegation is taking place at all - it has zero relevance to the game itself (as CBS even mentioned to the interviewer that Dan answered anyway), and makes me feel as though they're saying it because they hate the fact a lot more people like Jet and Cord.

+ Reply to Thread