+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Jet and Cord - TAR 16

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Re: Jet and Cord - TAR 16

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3898763;
    I'm bummed, too. I still have to watch the show but am putting it off because I know it will be bittersweet to see them come in 2nd.

I forgot to watch the Early Show...were they at the interview with the brothers?
    They were on The Early Show with Dan and Jordan. I didn't watch it live, but CBS has an article and some video from it on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;3898794;
    They were on The Early Show with Dan and Jordan. I didn't watch it live, but CBS has an article and some video from it on their website.
    Thank you. I haven't been able to find any interviews!

Oh, wait...Dan and Jordan were there too? I guess I'll wait and hope they do more interviews.

CCL

I honestly had no idea the two were brothers until last night. I thought they were cousins for some reason.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I liked them at the beginning, but as the show progressed, not so much. Dont know why. It was really anyones game to win.

FORT Newbie

This team showed their character in the finale, they say they completed the race with their integrity in tact, but I don't agree

Quote Originally Posted by SnookBook;3899365;
    This team showed their character in the finale, they say they completed the race with their integrity in tact, but I don't agree
    What did you see to make you not agree?
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by SnookBook;3899365;
    I have to agree with Dagwood and would like to see some examples as far as Jet and Cord, because I feel this reads more along the lines of Jordan and Dan.

That said, if it is indeed the cowboys, I would have to say on the whole I disagree with you.

This team compared to the other one can indeed say they completed it with more integrity and the like than either Dan and Jordan and (Definitely) Caite and Brent.

Did they have some problems with emotions? - I have little doubt that the answer is yes. We saw a good example when they were saved by an NEL - one that if it wasn't they'd lost by three minutes to the Lesbian team (who as we saw were the most tactless team ever to grace this show with one bashing a finalist team at the finish). That case, we saw one toss the bottle down to the ground in disgust - and I would've too knowing my stupidity cost me the race

But, we didn't see them be rude to drivers and demand they break the law, possibly cost them their jobs, just for a chance to win a million - and most cowboys I've met in the real world treat people with the respect I've seen in this duo (and I live in the country so I can attest to this ). We saw them make a couple of remarks about other racers, but like other assessments from other players, I can say a lot of theirs were spot on. And we rarely saw them get upset at the other.

We did see blonde moments - ones that I've mentioned that could've cost them the race, but instead of the Globetrotters (whom BTW I adored too in spite of this), the cowboys NEVER GAVE UP or even threatened too. We did see that went Brent and a the brothers bicker to the point that it could've cost them the race.

All this said, for most people here, Jet and Cord were a refreshing team - not too boring and predictable, funny, and did what they could to stay focused on the race and not other racers. Yes, they could've won and probably should've paid attention to a few things Dan and Jordan were doing in the virtual reality bit that probably was the deciding factor. Not perfect in any means, but out of the trio of finalists, they could say effectively they were the ones who completed the race with the most integrity intact.

Oh, here's a great article! Reminds me why I love these guys!

NewsOK

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3899620;
    Oh, here's a great article! Reminds me why I love these guys!

NewsOK
    Now THAT'S how you use your celebrity (even if C or D list ) status - helping others. Even though Rupert is annoying the daylights out of me, he's the only other one I've seen legitimately do this.

(BTW, I know the Globetrotter team does too; however, they are a well-known entity with the team. I'm referring to no-names who have competed doing this. )

I wonder how fast those $500 tickets sold out though...

PWS
    FORT Fogey

These guys are professional athletes---1) that gives them some experience not coming in first and being cool under pressure--and in being gracious winners when they did win and 2) being on TAR can only make them more appealing to their fans. I'm not sure what the equivalent of a Wheaties box ad is in the rodeo circuit, but I'm sure this will help them get it.
    Glad they did well, I liked them, too, but I"m fine with the other brothers winning. It's really nice to see a die hard fan win their favorite show.

+ Reply to Thread