+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 115

Thread: Jet and Cord - TAR 16

  1. #91
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,926

    Re: Jet and Cord - TAR 16

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsean;3903699;
    Nice way to dismiss "rumors" by creating some of your own. I haven't seen or heard a single ounce of evidence that makes your statement fact.
    It's called speculation on my part, and does have some founding given how both teams have apparently said that the cowboys have been ugly and the like, but then they say "We have to look at it again" (Dan and Jordan) or "I'm positive he had to done it" when Caite said just prior to that "someone."

    Whether or not my speculation plays out, it does lead to some credence given the contradicting statements made by both teams.

    On another subject, I love it how easy people here are so easy to justify and accept Jet's homophobic behavior both during the race and at Tarcon especially when it was witnessed by several AR fans and is all over the internet.
    And what you're reading is any more fact?

    Look, if you read that part of the particular article, it says that Dan said "I'll have to look at the tape again" in regard to Jet's comment. That to me implies that Jet may not have said it and he is being wrongfully accused.

    But, if you believe you are entirely right, please give an episode date that clearly shows Jet doing this... if you can, because you cannot.

    Never mind that TARCON, fans could have heard that said from someone sounding like Jet too - it's just as unreliable.

    I'm sorry... there are people who dislike the cowboys enough to make up these rumors, particularly when they have been this popular by the general populace. (Note, they ARE the only ones this season who also go to do a special commercial.)

    I too was rooting for the Cowboys to win before. In fact, I previously said here that the brothers were way too emotional to pull off the win. However, I think people need to realize that the Jet and Cord that they oh so adored is the CBS-edited version of what Cowboys should be like and not the complete picture.
    I personally feel that you were upset with the allegations that Jet called Jordan the F- word, when Dan said clearly that he wasn't sure in the interview.

    And, we all know the cowboys had a temper, we saw the Seychelles episode. But it was pretty obvious to all of us that if they were as bad as you are implying that they would've been shown in that light.

    Especially if they acted with such vileness (IMHO) as Dan and Jordan did threatening harm to the cab driver who was following the driving laws so he did not LOSE his job.

    Main reason - Oklahoma tends to also be a state that is seen as homophobic. If the cowboys were this ugly toward Dan and Jordan long term - it would've been shown. Period. They would want the ratings, and this would be big ratings if TWO teams were after both Homosexual teams.

    There are far too many things that make the comment suspect than factual - this is based on my experience as a fact finder and doing computer based reporting.

  2. #92
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,926

    Re: Jet and Cord - TAR 16

    Quote Originally Posted by laceygirl;3903722;
    If you look at Cords bio. his biggest pet peeve about his brother Jet. Was he likes to voice his own opinion. Which to me means he says what he thinks at any time. So I tend to believe what Dan and Jordan were saying. I mean a pet peeve is something that you dont like about a person. right. Regardless, Dan and Jordan won, they played the better game. period.
    A pet peeve is something someone doesn't like about anyone or anything.

    And voicing an opinion does not mean you say what you want at any time. Or, I guess we must say this about Dan IGNORING what CBS was telling him to do (not answer that question because it had nothing to do with gameplay). The fact he ignored this IMHO cheapened their win more than anything - even the questionable first class move up play.

    Dan and Jordan got lucky because of a loophole IMHO and trust me, that hole will be closed by next season if only to protect CBS from a lawsuit in case teams fight on the plane to get a single spot in first class while in flight.

  3. #93
    FORT Fanatic laceygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    485

    Re: Jet and Cord - TAR 16

    Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3904857;
    A pet peeve is something someone doesn't like about anyone or anything.

    And voicing an opinion does not mean you say what you want at any time. Or, I guess we must say this about Dan IGNORING what CBS was telling him to do (not answer that question because it had nothing to do with gameplay). The fact he ignored this IMHO cheapened their win more than anything - even the questionable first class move up play.

    Dan and Jordan got lucky because of a loophole IMHO and trust me, that hole will be closed by next season if only to protect CBS from a lawsuit in case teams fight on the plane to get a single spot in first class while in flight.
    Voicing your opinion DOES mean that you say whats on your mind. You can twist it and turn it anyway you like but thats what it means. As far as this rambling on and on about the plane. When you are on TAR then you can show us how its done correctly. Obviously, CBS feels positive everything was done per rules of the game. Im sorry you favs did not play it well enough to win.

  4. #94
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,926

    Re: Jet and Cord - TAR 16

    Quote Originally Posted by laceygirl;3904897;
    Voicing your opinion DOES mean that you say whats on your mind. You can twist it and turn it anyway you like but thats what it means. As far as this rambling on and on about the plane. When you are on TAR then you can show us how its done correctly. Obviously, CBS feels positive everything was done per rules of the game. Im sorry you favs did not play it well enough to win.
    Lacey, here is what I will speculate will happen as well as my opinion:

    1. This game play will end after this season with the first class moving up because nowadays you even so much as throw a fit, you will be thrown off the plane, whether at the airport or the plane is deported to another place to remove you. This is a HUGE liability issue given the hot temper we saw with some teams (both homosexual teams the worst).

    2. Yes... voicing your opinion is saying what's on your mind, but I just love how everyone is taking the first and third place team's comments over the cowboys' that everyone was edited fairly. The cowboys to me have seemed to be the most honest team out there. That to me speaks volumes than hearsay that I've seen constantly from you and others.

    3. This is the FIRST time that we've seen a team do this, so I do highly question it's legality in the game. NO OTHER SEASON has a team moved up to first class by choice, and the only one who has 1. was the ONLY team on the flight and 2. it was the Airliner's choice, in order to keep them from losing the team's money.

    And you CANNOT deny that in normal circumstances, the team would NOT be allowed to move up to first class in without paying the difference. If nothing else, a flight attendant's curiosity is why they got to be in first class. I feel sorrier for the FA if the airline find out is, because now that carriers require you pay for the increase, and this team from appearances did not (Probably to stay within that vague loophole), she probably will be fired.

    4. I do have a speculation that they let the team do this because it was the final leg and they didn't want a ruckus if Dan and Jordan lost to another team (and I do mean Brent and Caite here as well) because of a 30 minute penalty at the last leg.

    5. The cowboys are my favorite team; however, if they did the exact same thing that Dan and Jordan did I would've been QUESTIONING THEM THE SAME WAY

    Listen, there is more to this than what we're seeing, and I think someone ought to ask CBS how this was a legitimate play - especially given the huge risks of a fight that could've happened (and there's no denying that Brent and Caite could've done this as well).

    CBS possibly allowed them to use a loophole (if not bend the rules) to win this game because they didn't want a time penalty on the last leg of the race and lose the race (note, it was 25 minutes, and a standard penalty is 30).

    This is all speculation on my part, but this is my opinion, my free and outspoken opinion that you automatically assume Jet is using when there's no real proof - just hearsay, just like my speculation on why Dan and Jordan and Brent and Caite have been saying the things they have about the cowboys.

  5. #95
    FORT Fan reneekk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toledo Ohio
    Age
    34
    Posts
    254

    Re: Jet and Cord - TAR 16

    Nicely said Jade

  6. #96
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,449

    Re: Jet and Cord - TAR 16

    They had their strong legs and weak ones. I think they legitimately lost the final leg. It is a shame that the least deserving team won but it is only the final leg that counts and the cowboys just weren't competitive enough.

  7. #97
    FORT Fogey Duckyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    906

    Re: Jet and Cord - TAR 16

    Quote Originally Posted by laceygirl;3903722;
    If you look at Cords bio. his biggest pet peeve about his brother Jet. Was he likes to voice his own opinion. Which to me means he says what he thinks at any time. So I tend to believe what Dan and Jordan were saying. I mean a pet peeve is something that you dont like about a person. right. Regardless, Dan and Jordan won, they played the better game. period.
    1. All of this stuff being said is unsubstantiated rumor. Dan and Jordan didn't even claim it was true, they said they weren't sure what was actually said.

    2. If Jet "says what he thinks at any time" then I'm sure we heard what he was thinking all the time during the race, and we saw no evidence of the things being alleged.

  8. #98
    Reality Junkie jsciv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The OC
    Posts
    1,219

    Re: Jet and Cord - TAR 16

    Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3904916;
    Lacey, here is what I will speculate will happen as well as my opinion:

    1. This game play will end after this season with the first class moving up because nowadays you even so much as throw a fit, you will be thrown off the plane, whether at the airport or the plane is deported to another place to remove you. This is a HUGE liability issue given the hot temper we saw with some teams (both homosexual teams the worst).

    3. This is the FIRST time that we've seen a team do this, so I do highly question it's legality in the game. NO OTHER SEASON has a team moved up to first class by choice, and the only one who has 1. was the ONLY team on the flight and 2. it was the Airliner's choice, in order to keep them from losing the team's money.

    And you CANNOT deny that in normal circumstances, the team would NOT be allowed to move up to first class in without paying the difference. If nothing else, a flight attendant's curiosity is why they got to be in first class. I feel sorrier for the FA if the airline find out is, because now that carriers require you pay for the increase, and this team from appearances did not (Probably to stay within that vague loophole), she probably will be fired.
    They moved up for only the last 30 minutes. That means (as far as the airline is concerned) that it was an operational decision by the flight crew. Operational decisions aren't subject to fees: once the doors are closed that's it. I see no reason for CBS to object to it, and I don't think it's a loophole. Flight crews don't do it often, and they definitely don't do it if the passengers seem to be trying too hard. As far as the airline, they will probably take no action: flight crews have control once the doors are closed and that's got to be the way it is. Maybe the PR means that they'll give a talk to that crew, but probably not.

    As you say, it's not normal for a passenger to be operationally upgraded. But it DOES happen, and it actually takes some good social skill and luck to make it happen. Should teams be penalized for speaking the local language, having experience in the same field as a Detour task or running faster than their competitor to a clue box? All of these things are inequities and vagaries of the experience of traveling around the world and they're all fair game IMO.

    By Jordan's admission, teams DO try to get moved up all the time and it doesn't work. By Brent's admission, being in the front isn't always a benefit if Customs is backed up (in a direct question on this Brent said that they saw them being moved up and voiced that when he and Caite were significantly in front of the other teams earlier in the season they didn't leave Customs with an advantage). So I really don't see this as an issue. If you're a fan of the cowboys it's unfortunate that they lost so much time to D&J by this move, but IMO it's not a loophole and it's not a problem.

  9. #99
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,926

    Re: Jet and Cord - TAR 16

    Quote Originally Posted by jsciv;3908396;
    They moved up for only the last 30 minutes. That means (as far as the airline is concerned) that it was an operational decision by the flight crew. Operational decisions aren't subject to fees: once the doors are closed that's it. I see no reason for CBS to object to it, and I don't think it's a loophole. Flight crews don't do it often, and they definitely don't do it if the passengers seem to be trying too hard. As far as the airline, they will probably take no action: flight crews have control once the doors are closed and that's got to be the way it is. Maybe the PR means that they'll give a talk to that crew, but probably not.
    While I see your point, I still respectfully disagree. Even at 30 minutes left, there can easily be a huge argument about it, and then the teams could be removed from say the airport or arrested for creating a disturbance on the plane.

    There is a HUGE potential issue and loophole here that CBS will have to close for the safety of both contestants and other regular passengers on the flight. This holds very true when you have teams like Dan and Jordan, Brent and Caite, Brandy and Carol - and previous seasons Flo and Zach, Team Guido, and a few others who had hot-headed tendencies (at least half the team).

    It does need to be looked at by CBS just for this reason if nothing else.

    As you say, it's not normal for a passenger to be operationally upgraded. But it DOES happen, and it actually takes some good social skill and luck to make it happen. Should teams be penalized for speaking the local language, having experience in the same field as a Detour task or running faster than their competitor to a clue box? All of these things are inequities and vagaries of the experience of traveling around the world and they're all fair game IMO.
    There is a huge difference between an advantage based on speaking skills, tasks that say require roping. They do NOT know who will be in what country at the time, so there is no way to predict that situation. And, as we've seen, each task usually has someone at an advantage at a different time. It balances out.

    As far as running to a clue box - that is a ridiculous one to use as an example.

    The flight case is that everyone on that plane is an equal in ability and skills, and you run a huge risk of one team only getting to go up to the front, other teams argue with the flight attendant (or worse) and create a disturbance.

    It's the day and age we live in that I feel that this moving up to the first class area is a dumb idea because I do see the potential of there being a disturbance that ends up destroying this game when a hotheaded team gets into a fight. This is based on watching previous seasons with teams like the ones I"ve mentioned above.

    By Jordan's admission, teams DO try to get moved up all the time and it doesn't work. By Brent's admission, being in the front isn't always a benefit if Customs is backed up (in a direct question on this Brent said that they saw them being moved up and voiced that when he and Caite were significantly in front of the other teams earlier in the season they didn't leave Customs with an advantage). So I really don't see this as an issue. If you're a fan of the cowboys it's unfortunate that they lost so much time to D&J by this move, but IMO it's not a loophole and it's not a problem.
    As I said, I'd be saying the same thing if Jet and Cord or anyone (and I mean anyone) got this advantage.

    And note - NO OTHER TEAM has said they've tried this during the season at any other time. ONLY Jordan has said it, and of course, his team won.

    This was not a fair move even if it was a loophole, it could in the future create a huge PR issue with CBS if it does lead to a fight (and it can) and it's best that they amend the rule to say that "No one can use first class period." If it means the teams have to wait for another plane, so be it.

    Maybe I'm someone who has traveled more than you and have seen this nearly happen in real life - a fight over something this mundane, but trust me, it can happen. I have very little doubt that this rule will be amended if nothing else to keep the game running. This goes especially true in recent times when we've seen team's bright ideas to help them become widely used in the game, starting with Charla and Mirna's whistle.

  10. #100
    FORT Fogey atem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,278

    Re: Jet and Cord - TAR 16

    Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;3907728;
    1. All of this stuff being said is unsubstantiated rumor. Dan and Jordan didn't even claim it was true, they said they weren't sure what was actually said.

    2. If Jet "says what he thinks at any time" then I'm sure we heard what he was thinking all the time during the race, and we saw no evidence of the things being alleged.
    Thank you for that update.

    Frankly, Jet and Cord are doing the right thing and taking the high road.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.