+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Brent and Caite - TAR 16

FORT Fogey

Re: Brent and Caite - TAR 16

I'm rooting for this team! I guess I am the minority here! I picked them from the beginning and I am surprised to see that they are still in the race. I never thought I'd be rooting for them this far into the competition. I thought they would be long gone by now. I think they are slowly improving. Good for them. I guess I will root for the cow boys if this team goes home. They are under dogs and I like to see them improve every week.

I don't get the hating on Caite. First of all for calling them the lesbians, when they are lesbians. Each team ends up with a label. The lesbians called Caite and Brent the dumb models. Do they have a problem with being lesbians? Why is that a deragatory thing to call someone who is openly a lesbian? I'm pretty sure at the beginning of the show that label appeared beneath them, or something to that effect.

Second I know that sometimes Caite whines, and I don't like whiny, but I think the majority of the tasks she's bit the bullet and just done them. All teams, except maybe the cowboys, bicker at times. Caite feels entitled? I think the lesbians are the queens of entitlement parade. Caite is obviously not the smartest person there, but I don't think she's as dumb as some people try to make out either.

From what I've noticed on the show Caite is generally quite nice to the other contestants, the ones not continually trying to embarrass her i.e. the lesbians. She doesn't appear to think she's smarter or better than all the other racers, a trait Carol and Brandy were up to their eyeballs in.

She's not in my top favorites, I just think she gets a bad rap. When I watch I just don't see all the negativity and nastiness some people see.

Talk Soup did a funny clip of these two under the "Dumb TV" category this week. Even E! thinks their not the brightest...!

I agree with Duckyface. I don't see Caite as being nasty (except to Brandy and Carol). However, I do think they are a little lacking in the IQ department.
    I think the next task that requires some brain poser will knock them out.

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

I have been waiting for the 'task that takes them out'. I am surprised that they are still here. I don't know if it's 'dumb luck', but Caite has impressed me this season. My vote to win would be the cowboys. Best of luck to them!

FORT Fogey

All the model teams that TAR recruits seem to be hated by most. So my question is why do they keep recruiting these dolts to be on the show. If it is for looks, than there are several everday people that would most likely be far more interesting that look fine. Teams like the cowboys are always fan favorites, but they do not pick enough of them. I will never understand the recruiting wannabes for reality tv.

I put Caite up there with Flo, Christie, and all the others as far as annoying. She is so wanting us to think she is smart and than screw you's us over and over. She is ridiculously immature.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3894328;
    All the model teams that TAR recruits seem to be hated by most. So my question is why do they keep recruiting these dolts to be on the show. If it is for looks, than there are several everday people that would most likely be far more interesting that look fine. Teams like the cowboys are always fan favorites, but they do not pick enough of them. I will never understand the recruiting wannabes for reality tv.

I put Caite up there with Flo, Christie, and all the others as far as annoying. She is so wanting us to think she is smart and than screw you's us over and over. She is ridiculously immature.
    That's easy...ratings. If you hate a team, that means you have an actual opinion about them and will most likely watch, even if it's to root against them.

The worst contestant on a reality show from the producers' perspective is one that doesn't elicit feelings either one way or the other. They either want likable, feeling-good stories or villains.

I guess that's not true for me...all the yelling and screaming that goes on this show makes me NOT want to watch.

I really hope Catie gets two things through her head after watching this season air. First, you are pretty smart already. Stop paying so much attention to what haters have to say. And second, be nicer to Brent. Poor guy really got beat up verbally a lot by her.

FORT Fogey

Man Brent sure did not get any love from the show. It was all about Caite at the end of the race. Also in the clips when they showed the teams, it was always about Caite. I guess he just was there because she needed a partner.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast