+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Brent and Caite - TAR 16

Re: Brent and Caite - TAR 16

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3860191;
    It's interesting how people feel about her and how they feel about Jordan.
    Neither comes across as the brighest bulb in the chandelie, yet there seems to be a lot more liking of Jordan.
    I think it has to do with their partners, too.
    Jeff is funny and self deprecating.
    Brent just kind of comes across as annoyed at this partner.
    that is because Jordan is a kind-hearted sweetheart, Caite is a entitled snarky spoiled brat lol

(and as far as Jeff vs. Brent, NO comparison whatsoever)

I'm hoping they are out soon and then it'll be interesting to see how they are on "Elimination Station". How the teammates relate to each other and to the other teams once they are off the race is very interesting. I have my preconceived notions about Brent & Caite but we'll see.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

FORT Regular

I'm starting to wonder if most of their put-off "fighting" and banter is just tailored in to spice up the show. You'd think they hated each other if you based it on how we see them communicate, but in yesterday's episode, Caite let slip out a quick "I love you babe" when Brent came up from diving for the bottle.

They sure haven't given much evidence of being very likable or smart, but the edit has me wondering if they end up sneaking into the final three as the "I can't believe they're still in it" team.

Quote Originally Posted by NWTim;3865483;
    I'm starting to wonder if most of their put-off "fighting" and banter is just tailored in to spice up the show. You'd think they hated each other if you based it on how we see them communicate, but in yesterday's episode, Caite let slip out a quick "I love you babe" when Brent came up from diving for the bottle.

They sure haven't given much evidence of being very likable or smart, but the edit has me wondering if they end up sneaking into the final three as the "I can't believe they're still in it" team.
    Why would it be surprising? You don't have to be smart to do well on this show if you're both athletic. Obviously it helps to be smart AND athletic, but if you had to choose one, it'd easily be athleticism.

I gotta gripe a bit about Caite.

First, the girl is simply annoying. Her tone is always so entitled and her attitude on most things just stinks. But what really bugs me is how in the past few episodes she kept referring to Carol and Brandy as "the lesbians."

Okay, let's be honest... Carol and Brandy ARE lesbians, and not necessarily the nicest people on the planet. But I really felt that Caite moved beyond simply labeling them. They have names... she should use them.

Maybe I'm being oversensitive... I mean, no one would complain when the brothers are called "the brothers". But wouldn't it be considered somewhat offensive if a team was constantly referred as "the black couple" or the "Jewish team"? Wouldn't an eyebrow be raised if someone kept referring to Charla and Myrna as "the team with the little person on it"?
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

I really do not like this team. Brent seems to be a punching bag or Caite's "2nd voice", like when somebody tells somebody off and they repeat it like an echo, and Caite... I don't think I have to explain that. It's funny too since when she started she said something like "Everybody thinks they know me from Miss Teen USA, but I'm gonna prove to them that I am way more than that!" You haven't proved a thing (especially in that leg where they collapsed the glasses and should have looked for grapes).

I also highly doubt that the lesbians were that mean. Are they snarky as hell and was it mean? YES. But we've only seen that ONE moment in the beginning, not crazy bullying like she make sit out to be or constant jokes about them. I find that suspicious, and given that it's Caite, it could all be in her mind.

Well, I couldn't care less for Brent (though I'll take him over Carol & Brandy), but I think I might be the only person out here who kinda likes Caite. My one gripe about her is how much she whines, but other than that, I'm okay with her. We could have another Flo in our hands, but unlike screeching quitter Flo, Caite has her good moments and she just ups and does things. That and, considering how much I disliked Carol & Brandy, I was giddy at their being eliminated thanks to Caite and Brent.

I also think the teams were maybe underestimating Carol & Brandy just because they hadn't won a leg. For example, the last leg of the race usually involves a task that requires a lot of thinking and memory, and say what you want about Brent & Caite, but Jet & Cord, much as I like them, are not the brainy type, just as much as, if not worse than Brent & Caite. Also, Brent & Caite can easily beat Michael & Louie in a footrace. So in a way their decision of the U-Turn might've worked to their advantage, so we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest;3875082;
    I gotta gripe a bit about Caite.

First, the girl is simply annoying. Her tone is always so entitled and her attitude on most things just stinks. But what really bugs me is how in the past few episodes she kept referring to Carol and Brandy as "the lesbians."

Okay, let's be honest... Carol and Brandy ARE lesbians, and not necessarily the nicest people on the planet. But I really felt that Caite moved beyond simply labeling them. They have names... she should use them.

Maybe I'm being oversensitive... I mean, no one would complain when the brothers are called "the brothers". But wouldn't it be considered somewhat offensive if a team was constantly referred as "the black couple" or the "Jewish team"? Wouldn't an eyebrow be raised if someone kept referring to Charla and Myrna as "the team with the little person on it"?
    IMHO, I think some people are being unfair to Caite. While I can see why some would find her whiny and annoying, she is nowhere near the level of races like Flo and Kendra who she is being compared with sometimes here.

Her animosity is mainly directed at Carol and Brandy, I dont see her being mean to others. She goes along well with the Cops, Cowboys and AFAIK the rest of the teams. Yes she bickers with Brent but that is not unusual or unheard of in TAR. I dont recall her having an "ugly american" moment.. well maybe a few in stressful places.. but for the most part she seems to be enjoying the race, and is nice to many of the country residents (clue givers and welcome mat greeters). Carol and Brandy OTOH ive seen MANY times they just grab the clue w/ not so much as a hi and thank you. Even when they were selling ice cream they dont LOOK friendly.. we didnt see much of it but i was under the impression it was more like "buy from us , dammit!!" Unlike the Cops who tried to be funny and were coaxing customers. (btw I think Brent and Caite would have done well with the ice cream task.. Caite could sell those ice creams in no times bec of her looks.. but it didnt matter since they finished all the tasks first and would have been 1st place if not for the FF)

As for labeling the Lesbians.. i could be wrong, but other teams also call them that right? The Cops definitely. Any others? In fact i could have sworn that even TAR used that label under their names but i must be wrong.. I dont think Caite was being prejudiced or anything like that.. its just a convenient..and ACCURATE label to use. I think C&B wouldnt and shouldnt mind being called that and should even be proud (the whole point of "coming out" for some people). In contrast, NOBODY likes to be called Stupid in their face, let alone in front of millions of viewers worldwide. If you count all the references throughout the race, I think you'd find C&B said the S word or references to it about Brent&Caite (damn, i just realized the two teams have the same initials..LOL) that they made references on Lesbians.

What Carol and Brandy did was BEYOND mean. They made sure to announce more than once on TV that Caite was on youtube.. so that people who still have no idea on who Caite was will look it up. They were stereotyping Brent as a "country bumpkin" and mocking his speech pattern w/ facial expression " Gosh durned Caite... hyuk!!" and comparing them to Forrest Gump. They might as well do stereotypes on how cowboys and Black people talk. That is sooo beyond compare to simply being referred to as Lesbians. As one said to the other "too many metaphors, too many metaphors" Caite never alluded to any stereotypes of them being lesbians (ie., all lesbians are mean, they need a man, etc)

You're talking about Caite being "entitled"? The lesbians (ok..its really MUCH easier tojust type that than their 2 names) acted entitled throughout the race. Like they were entitled to NOT be U-turned. They were mean and bitchy not just after they were u-turned, but even later, during an on-cam interview where they could have calmed down and chose their words carefully but still chose to be spiteful anyway.

So if im going to be spend time during a race, i'd rather be with Caite than any of those two. Plus she *IS* cute :-) .

btw.. my fave line was when one of the lesbians said the reason Caite U-turned them was bec she was jealous bec the other was MORE BEAUTIFUL than her... LOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spez;3876630;
    What Carol and Brandy did was BEYOND mean.
    Trust me, I'm not defending Carol and Brandy's actions, nor the comments they made about Caite. Like I said: all sexual-orientations aside, these weren't the most likeable people on the planet.

What made me question Caite's labeling them is because she dislikes them so much. She sunk to the same level of bitchiness as Carol and Brandy, which makes me wonder if she was being marginally derogatory by constantly - and I do mean constantly - referring to them as "the Lesbians." (I will say that I don't think she was so adamant about U-Turning them because of their sexual orientation... however, I will say that Brandy was right when she said that there were far, far more threatening teams that they should have gone after first.)

People - whether they are mean, kind or somewhere in between - are more than a sexual orientation, a skin color, a religion or an occupation. If Carol and Brandy had constantly referred to Brent and Caite as "the beauty queen and her dullard boyfriend", I'd have the same complaint.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

I have to say, what I'm most looking forward to see right now is how Brent and especially Caite deal along the rest of the race now that their main source of stress, Carol & Brandy, are gone. Hopefully they can continue without snapping at each other much.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast