+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Amazing Race 16 Spoiler Thread

FORT Newbie

Re: Amazing Race 16 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;3887925;
    In this show the strongest team usually does win, although it's not always the case and they do give everyone pretty equal footing. The final episode/leg of the race is run in the US, with all teams on the same flight back (usually - I can remember 1 season where a team flew into a different, but still close to the destination, airport). So it's not usually a problem of bad cabs/communication/directions, it's more traffic issues and can you find the place you need to be in the large city you are in.
    Which season was it that the team that won, their cab driver had an ez pass through a toll and the other team had to wait for their cab driver to pay the fee?

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Mae Mae;3890252;
    Which season was it that the team that won, their cab driver had an ez pass through a toll and the other team had to wait for their cab driver to pay the fee?
    I remember that, though I don't remember which season it was. (for some reason I want to say that they ended in San Francisco and the teams flew into Oakland and then had to get into SF. So maybe the season with the 2 blonde Miss USA contestants from NY and California? But I don't remember)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;3887925;
    In this show the strongest team usually does win, although it's not always the case and they do give everyone pretty equal footing. The final episode/leg of the race is run in the US, with all teams on the same flight back (usually - I can remember 1 season where a team flew into a different, but still close to the destination, airport). So it's not usually a problem of bad cabs/communication/directions, it's more traffic issues and can you find the place you need to be in the large city you are in.
    Right. Also, at the very very end of the race, real often it comes down to a footrace between the final couples. That would leave the cops out (not in nearly good enough physical condition) and the models (Caite slows Brent down at every opportunity). The cowboys are in perfect physical condition, so I would think they would have a definite advantage. Dan and Jordan appear physically fit, but I don't know how much stamina/mental endurance they have. My pick is the cowboys for the win.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3890732;
    Right. Also, at the very very end of the race, real often it comes down to a footrace between the final couples. That would leave the cops out (not in nearly good enough physical condition) and the models (Caite slows Brent down at every opportunity). The cowboys are in perfect physical condition, so I would think they would have a definite advantage. Dan and Jordan appear physically fit, but I don't know how much stamina/mental endurance they have. My pick is the cowboys for the win.
    Unless they are due for some bad cabbie karma....

From a CBS press release:

THE FINAL 3 TEAMS CONFRONT A RUTHLESS VILLAIN AND FACE A FINAL BATTLE AGAINST ONE ANOTHER IN THEIR QUEST FOR THE MILLION-DOLLAR REWARD, ON THE 16TH SEASON FINALE OF "THE AMAZING RACE," SUNDAY, MAY 9
    "Huger Than Huge" (San Francisco) - With the million-dollar prize on the line, Racers come face-to-face with Darth Vader, and Teams drop all pretense of friendliness after a cut in line cuts into another Team's time while an angry confrontation awaits another at the finish line, on the 16th season finale of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 9 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan is host.
    link!

An angry confrontation at the finish line - any guesses as to who this is? I've heard it might be Joe, who is still fuming over his U-Turn at the hands of the detectives. Either way, this looks like a good finale.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3893395;
    From a CBS press release:

link!

An angry confrontation at the finish line - any guesses as to who this is? I've heard it might be Joe, who is still fuming over his U-Turn at the hands of the detectives. Either way, this looks like a good finale.
    Could also be Carol and Brandy confronting Brent and Caite at the finish line. I can see that being pretty angry and ugly.

What team cuts in line? My guess is Brent/Caite.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3893437;
    Could also be Carol and Brandy confronting Brent and Caite at the finish line. I can see that being pretty angry and ugly.

What team cuts in line? My guess is Brent/Caite.
    It could make sense for it to be Carol and Brandy against Brent and Caite because Michael and Louie - who U-ied Joe and Heidi, are also eliminated. It wouldn't really be logical for them to show a confrontation between two eliminated contestants.

Sadly - this could also mean that Brent and Caite win and say Dan and Jordan are the ones who cut into line. (or worse IMHO, the reverse - Brent and Caite I feel have played better and would rather them win than a duo who actually threatened harm on a driver for not deciding to break his country's driving laws).

I don't see Jet and Cord doing the cutting nor having anyone be ugly to them at the finish line, so they are the only ones who are out of this configuration.

But it doesn't say "...awaits the winner at the finish line"
    I am really hoping the nice guys win.

I don't believe they would hype, edit and air a confrontation at the finish line if it pertained to the winners. It fits right along with the story line of Caite/Brent and Carol/Brandy. Ugly to the end...

It makes me cringe when a team that is U-turned bitches about the team that did it. It is absolutely not unfair racing behavior. The use of the U-turn is completely fair because it is a tool that was created by the producers. It's not any more unfair than the existence of the Fast Forward. You get to the FF first? You better try to use it. You get to the U-turn first ? Well, you'd better use it if you are serious about winning. End of discussion.
    Brent and Caite's choice reflects on their lack of wisdom and maturity. They let their hurt feelings control their choices. Bad move. For Carol and Brandy , or for Joe to carry on about being Uturned makes them look very childish.

I dont understand why the cops wanted them to U-turn anyone but the cowboys. Bad racing. The brothers were far wiser about this choice and Jordan could see what the impact was going to be. I really do think that Brent and Caite might have blown the million on this schoolyard grudge.

ETA: Ok I just read the TVGuide interview that Waywyrd kindly posted. Here's the part about the Uturns:
    TVGuide.com: What did you say to each other at the finish?
    Michael: We talked about it a little bit. I said it's part of the game. Jet and Cord said to me, at the final four, I think, "Mike, if a U-Turn comes up and we get there first, we're U-Turning you." I laughed. I said, "I think that's a compliment." If they or anyone else U-Turned us, I would say, "Great move." It is what it is. We thought Carol and Brandy were a threat — not physically — but because they were world travelers. They were in decent shape, but everywhere we went, they were like, "Oh, I know somebody from Singapore, I know somebody from here who speaks French, who speaks Spanish."

TVGuide.com: They thought you were friends and were "blindsided" to learn that you trained Brent and Caite to U-Turn them. How would you characterize your relationship with them?
    Michael: Well, to us, they were just people that we knew. I don't remember hanging out with them very much — a couple conversations, but I wouldn't consider that good friends. My definition and theirs are different, I guess. We ended up being real good friends with Jet and Cord, Steve and Allie, Monique and Shawne, Daniel and Jordan, and Brent and Caite. We had longer conversations with them. Maybe [Carol and Brandy] thought we had some, I don't know.

Louie: The cowboys are tough competitors. Everyone's asking, "Why didn't you target them?" We just wanted positive people with us at the end. We were so sick of the negative people, it was insane. If any of the other teams beat us and were in the final, we said so be it.
    I guess the choices make a bit more sense to me now. I do like their attitude about being complimented to be the target of a Uturn. Some of the teams understand the concept of "it's a RACE!"
    Last edited by pajamasam; 05-06-2010 at 12:19 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast