+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 57

Thread: Amazing Race 16 Spoiler Thread

  1. #31
    FORT Fanatic its_glinda_now's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    California
    Age
    26
    Posts
    514

    Re: Amazing Race 16 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;3886410;
    Jordan's comments in the airport about the misguided choice that Brent and Caite made were not exactly a subtle clue. Jordan thought that the Uturn should have gone to Jet and Cord who are much more of a threat. Too right.

    He said they'd all be looking back and questioning that decision. I turned to my son the minute he said that and said : " Jet and Cord for the win." I cant believe the producers chose to air those remarks.
    I said the exact same thing to my boyfriend when I heard that! Not very subtle at all.

  2. #32
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,864

    Re: Amazing Race 16 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by its_glinda_now;3887299;
    I said the exact same thing to my boyfriend when I heard that! Not very subtle at all.

    Those interviews are done during the pitstops. The brothers are not giving anything away they are only observing that they think not Uturning the Cowboys with the possibility of eliminating them was a big mistake as they think the Cowboys are a bigger threat then the Lesbians were. Considering how well the Cowboys work together and do not waste energy ranting and raving a Uturn may not be that big a concern to them.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  3. #33
    FORT Fogey anders332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,406

    Re: Amazing Race 16 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3887387;
    Those interviews are done during the pitstops. The brothers are not giving anything away they are only observing that they think not Uturning the Cowboys with the possibility of eliminating them was a big mistake as they think the Cowboys are a bigger threat then the Lesbians were. Considering how well the Cowboys work together and do not waste energy ranting and raving a Uturn may not be that big a concern to them.
    but including that clip plays into the edit/finale. Doesn't mean the cowboys win, but shows that Dan and Jordan are well aware they are contenders and it could possibly come down to these 2 teams racing to the finish line, with the 3rd place team far enough behind it doesn't matter.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

    Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

  4. #34
    FORT Fogey Minney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,434

    Re: Amazing Race 16 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3887425;
    but including that clip plays into the edit/finale. Doesn't mean the cowboys win, but shows that Dan and Jordan are well aware they are contenders and it could possibly come down to these 2 teams racing to the finish line, with the 3rd place team far enough behind it doesn't matter.
    Agree! Editors choose to leave in that remark and when I heard it I thought it was a not so subtle clue as to the possible ending as well!

  5. #35
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,864

    Re: Amazing Race 16 Spoiler Thread

    I think by now the other players and the viewing audience have figured out that the Cowboys are an extremely powerful team and clear favorites to win.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  6. #36
    FORT Fogey anders332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,406

    Re: Amazing Race 16 Spoiler Thread

    Actually, my favourite to win is Dan and Jordan.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

    Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

  7. #37
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,372

    Re: Amazing Race 16 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3887532;
    Actually, my favourite to win is Dan and Jordan.
    Meaning you like them better, or that you think they are a stronger team than the cowboys? My impression was Bearcata was discussing the strength issue not their popularity, although they are also popular.

  8. #38
    FORT Fogey anders332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,406

    Re: Amazing Race 16 Spoiler Thread

    My bad – I would like to see them win, not that they are the strongest team – The cowboys are definitely the strongest. Is it typical for the strongest team to win?? I’m asking because this is my first season and we’ve seen how bad directions/cab drivers (among other things) can really make or break a team.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

    Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

  9. #39
    Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,291

    Re: Amazing Race 16 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3887552;
    My bad I would like to see them win, not that they are the strongest team The cowboys are definitely the strongest. Is it typical for the strongest team to win?? Im asking because this is my first season and weve seen how bad directions/cab drivers (among other things) can really make or break a team.
    In this show the strongest team usually does win, although it's not always the case and they do give everyone pretty equal footing. The final episode/leg of the race is run in the US, with all teams on the same flight back (usually - I can remember 1 season where a team flew into a different, but still close to the destination, airport). So it's not usually a problem of bad cabs/communication/directions, it's more traffic issues and can you find the place you need to be in the large city you are in.

  10. #40
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,864

    Re: Amazing Race 16 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3887539;
    Meaning you like them better, or that you think they are a stronger team than the cowboys? My impression was Bearcata was discussing the strength issue not their popularity, although they are also popular.
    I am looking at how they work as a team together regardless of if I like them or not. I do think that of all the seasons of TAR these two guys are the calmest of all the teams and don't waste time by throwing tantrums or hissy fits they just go and that is truly impressive.

    Bearcata is currently fondly remembering a certain racer and his going off at a water buffalo.

    I do have to admit some of the hissy fits are priceless entertainment.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.