+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Phil Keoghan - Our Host

Just a bit of a Princess MadelynneRabb's Avatar

Re: Phil Keoghan - Our Host

Yeah, that's what I meant. I know that there are plenty of people here who recognize Phil for the cutie he is (myself included), and I was saying that Bonnie's part of our ranks, too.
    I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can, even if there isn't any Narnia." -- Puddleglum, "The Silver Chair"

"Don't smoke. Don't drink and drive. And pay your taxes. Because they will find you." -- James, Big Brother 6

`Amazing Race' host tackles cross-country ride

`Amazing Race' host tackles cross-country ride

LOS ANGELES "The Amazing Race" host Phil Keoghan is getting ready for an amazing ride: a multitasking bicycle trip across America.

Keoghan said he's cycling cross-country to encourage people to pursue a healthy life. He also intends to spotlight the battle against multiple sclerosis, a cause he's supported for several years.

Keoghan will set off from Los Angeles on March 28 and end in New York on May 9 the day before the "Amazing Race" season finale airs on CBS, the network said Wednesday.

He plans to average 100 miles a day, and said he hopes people will join in as he passes through their area.

"I feel like where we're at in the economy, the bicycle is a pretty good solution to helping people's waistlines, wallets and the environment," Keoghan said by phone from Auckland during a visit to his native New Zealand.

"This is saying to people, look, it's time to make a choice in your life. We have way too much obesity and way too many people sitting back and not getting involved in life," he said.

The ride, sponsored by nutritional retailer GNC, also is intended to support the National Multiple Sclerosis Society's Bike MS fundraising effort, with Keoghan attending rallies nationwide.

A member of Keoghan's family, a cousin, has the disease, a CBS spokesman said.

Keoghan's path will take him to more than 30 cities including Las Vegas; Denver; Lincoln, Neb.; Des Moines, Iowa; Chicago; Fort Wayne, Ind.; Columbus, Ohio; Pittsburgh; Washington; Baltimore; Philadelphia; and New York.

--------------

I would like to see some parts of this trip on the telly.

Too bad he's not coming through Rochester, NY...
    For those who are wondering, my name is spelt "Denes House," but it's pronounced "Throatwobbler Mangrove."
    My blog; My online art gallery
    "WORSHIP...is the most appropriate response that can be made to resurrection" - Eugene Peterson

Or Albany either! Darn!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Wow they were in Ohio.. and i had no idea lol. Maybe the fact I live about 2 hours north of where they were had a part in that. Would have loved to see it.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Phooey, he's not coming anywhere close to here. I'm sure he'll have clips on his website, though.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I wonder when he'll be in Columbus?
    ETA It looks like they will be tracking his progress here once he gets going.

Phil Rides Across America . com

Did anyone see Phil on Bonnie Hunt's show this morning? He was absolutely hysterical. I did not see it from the beginning, but came in when he was talking about being someplace where they did molds of a person's body parts. They asked him if they could do his bottom and he agreed and described the process.

This was funny in itself, but he went on to say that "my a** arrived in the mail six weeks later." Then Bonnie asked him what he could possibly do with such an item and he described how he and his wife thought that turned upside down, it would make a great salad bowl. They did this and served salad in it at their next dinner party. They did wind up telling the guests and describing the reaction of one couple he called very conservative. I must admit I was LOL.

Incidentally, she also had Michael Emerson on, which was the reason I turned into this in the first place.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

I am so sorry I missed that! I keep forgetting to tune into Bonnie's show since it comes on at the same time as our first local news show.

Phooey!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789