+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Phil Keoghan - Our Host

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Okay, hottie Phil WAS on TES this morning. Thank goodness I still have it set up to tape on Thursdays and Fridays for TAR and Survivor contestant interviews. I figured I'd just FF through it real quick to double check before I deleted it.

Off to watch it now...
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

You could tell that last nite's ending (Millie and Chuck eliminated) seemed to trouble Phil a bit. He appeared earnestly touched when he asked Millie about how badly she had wanted to win that round. I thought he also seemed as if he may be genuinely concerned for the welfare of that couple.

I can't say I particularly cared for Millie and Chuck, but I'll admit, last nite was kind of sad.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

I hope he will still be the host of AR5! If there is!

FORT Fogey
    The Amazing Race without Phil is like Borneo's rainforests without orangutans: just not right.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Dish
    The Amazing Race without Phil is like Borneo's rainforests without orangutans: just not right.
    The thought is enough to give me goosebumps of horror.

TAR without Phil is like the Bonzai Pipeline without surfers.

Foggy Doggy
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Love him.
    Just, love him
    So pleased to know he'll be back soon.
    I wish we'd see more of him on the show.
    I agree, good guy, wish we did see more of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter
    You could tell that last nite's ending (Millie and Chuck eliminated) seemed to trouble Phil a bit. He appeared earnestly touched when he asked Millie about how badly she had wanted to win that round. I thought he also seemed as if he may be genuinely concerned for the welfare of that couple.

I can't say I particularly cared for Millie and Chuck, but I'll admit, last nite was kind of sad.
    Yup... there was a troubled yet sympathetic expression on Phil's face...

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Dish
    Well said...

Yeah well. You could just HEAR the disappointment in his voice when he told K&J that they are still in the race. But my take on it is that, well, we can probably infer that Phil is one of those ultra-good guys. I mean, look at the type of programs he does. Millie did say that she wanted to come back to India and help the poor children if she wins the race. I guess Phil had hoped that she would either win or get the final 3 places so she can do so. Maybe he can make a program out of it too. But yeah, perhaps it was something like that.

Or perhaps I am just crazy over him. Bertram van Munster in the interview was absolutely right. When Phil auditioned, he said "That is our guy." How correct can he be.

I love Phil. And his face is quite expressive too. An interview also said that racers always wanna get close to him, that they sometimes have to set a table between our beloved and the teams. Heck! If I am a racer in TAR, I'd jump and get his autograph first too!
    "In the absence of justice, what is sovereignty but organized robbery?"
    Saint Augustine

Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday.

"...Those who win every battle are not really skillful - those who render others' armies helpless without fighting are the best of all."
    Sun Tzu, The Art of War

They will never let me on TAR, because I would win every leg. It would be boring TV, but knowing Phil was there would motivate me.

It's his eyebrow man... that single eyebrow raise
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread