+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 45 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Tian & Jaree

Tian & Jaree

[IMG]images/stor/tar4_tian_jaree.jpg[/IMG]

BIO

Tian, 30, is an model/actress/singer who "needs to be the center of attention," according to her teammate, Jaree. Tian likes to skydive, surf, stunt-drive and jump horses, adding that she's "fearless, wild and adventurous." She also has one of the highest IQs of all contestants, though she's only completed "some college." She lived in Paris for six months, has traveled to Switzerland, France, Spain, Colombia, Trinidad, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, St. Tropez and St. Bart's, but speaks no foreign languages. Tian fears sharks and heights, but after having done aerial acrobatics in an L30 Russian Fighter Jet, a fear of heights may not be such an issue. Although these teammates say, "We like to run our mouths, lay out by the pool and check out hot guys," Tian usually doesn't approve of Jaree's choice in men. Jaree has a "more controlling" personality, and Tian is free-spirited and "in it for the adventure."

Jaree, 33, is a model/actress who spent eight years traveling for work in Europe and the Middle East. A junior college graduate, she speaks no foreign languages and describes herself as the "outgoing, hyper and adventurous" type. Jaree enjoys water sports, precision driving, and horseback riding. She was disappointed when she found out that her teammate, Tian, "likes girls." Jaree got over it, but admits that if Tian ever hit on her, it'd be over between them. She enjoys drinking with her teammate, and says that their worst experience together was getting kicked out of a bar in Geneva: some guy grabbed Jaree, so she punched him out, breaking his glasses. Jaree fears cockroaches and being lost. According to her teammate, Jaree is "very controlling."

Oh dear.
    Not loving the sound of these two at the moment.
    "That's Numberwang!"

ahh, the requisite model/actress team. Uhg
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

One of many this time, Cali.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Yuk.

Anyone spotted the "Belly" staffer yet?
    "That's Numberwang!"

I'm not liking these two, either.

FORT Fogey
    On paper, Tian and Jaree appear to be a strong team. They've got intelligence, athleticism and seem to be just different enough to work well while on the race.

Modeling is a demanding career so they no doubt possess an incredible work ethic. That could come in handy on this grueling mental and physical competition.

In their daily work with agents, stylists and clients, they probably have developed great people skills and will represent the U.S. excellently when they interact with peoples of other nations.

Assuming TAR 4 has modified the course to reduce some problems of random luck (e.g., hailing a cab) and bunching at transportation hubs, I think Tian and Jaree have the potential to excel and win the $1 million prize based on their talents.

Furthermore, their bios lead me to believe they could be role models to aspiring young models/actressess/singers that view the broadcast.

Is that a tongue in your cheek, DD, or are you just happy to see them?
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

She also has one of the highest IQs of all contestants, though she's only completed "some college."
    When will they learn that IQ has absolutely nothing to do with education?

And she lived in Paris for 6 months but speaks no foreign languages? Is that even possible?

FORT Fogey

Team Spirit

DD posted:
    Modeling is a demanding career so they no doubt possess an incredible work ethic. That could come in handy on this grueling mental and physical competition.
    They are a bit past the "supermodel" age DD, but they may have learned to keep a celery stick or two down without throwing up.

I am loving this thread because I can see all of our minds are wide open on these two chicklettes.

I admit their c.v.'s sound a bit shallow, but I remember feeling that way about the twins/models Derek and Drew and then gaining respect for them when they proved to me they were more than pretty faces. They were kind to everyone and worked well together.

We have had our share of unlikable women this season on Survivor and I am thinking that people on TAR are made of better stuff.

I am prepared to wait and see.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 45 1234567891011 ... LastLast