+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Tian & Jaree

FORT Fogey
    What strengths and weaknesses do you bring to the Team?
    Tian: I am not afraid to attempt the crazy stunts, but I am horrible at Math--ugh! Sometimes I act before I think or speak before I think, which can sometimes be good and sometimes annoying or detrimental in a spur-of-the-moment situation.
    Jaree: The strengths are definitely the stunts. Weakness: Mathematical equations.

I have to wonder just how much math they expect to encounter on the trip...

FORT Fogey

You go, girls!

Sometimes things that are said are taken out of context, or Tian and Jaree are trying to be the resident "ditzes" of this season's TAR. I plan on giving them a chance and hope that they are the comedy team this year. It's always been guys before.

Math will come in handy when trying to figure out distances as well as being able to count 12 hours from arrival to departure at Pitstops.

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by CaliGirl
    Math will come in handy when trying to figure out distances as well as being able to count 12 hours from arrival to departure at Pitstops.
    I suppose, but that's about fifth grade level math, at that, so I can't understand anyone NOT being able to figure that out... Of course, I do have a Bachelor's in Physics from Northwestern University, so I may have a different definition of not being good at math...

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by AnnaRHR
    I suppose, but that's about fifth grade level math, at that, so I can't understand anyone NOT being able to figure that out... Of course, I do have a Bachelor's in Physics from Northwestern University, so I may have a different definition of not being good at math...
    Hello!

Maybe we should start a thread listing all the various degrees that we have.

My posts are meant to be taken as humorous with tongue firmly planted in cheek.

I know that under pressure last year it took the teams a while to add the numbers on the face of the clock.

Some people are naturaly math people. Very good at picturing/seeing numbers/equations in their heads and just figuring them out quickly. Some people who are very intelligent need to write the numbers down to see them on paper. Maybe she (Jaree) is in the former catagory.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Hello!

Maybe we should start a thread listing all the various degrees that we have.

My posts are meant to be taken as humorous with tongue firmly planted in cheek.
    That wasn't very good sarcasm, CG. Of course, I do have a Bachelor's in Sarcasm from Muddy Creek Community College so I may have a different definition of good sarcasm.

FORT Fogey
    I'm sorry if that was taken as bragging, because that wasn't my intention. It's just that math is one of my strong suits, so the type of math involved in TAR seems so simplistic to me. I was just trying to explain why I might not understand exactly what level people's math skills are on that they might not understand different things. Sorry about that...

Re: You go, girls!

Sometimes things that are said are taken out of context, or Tian and Jaree are trying to be the resident "ditzes" of this season's TAR. I plan on giving them a chance and hope that they are the comedy team this year. It's always been guys before.
    It would be cool to have a female comedy duo.
    Just as long as they are naturally amusing and don't force it like Gary and Dave from TAR 2.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by AnnaRHR
    I'm sorry if that was taken as bragging, because that wasn't my intention. It's just that math is one of my strong suits, so the type of math involved in TAR seems so simplistic to me. I was just trying to explain why I might not understand exactly what level people's math skills are on that they might not understand different things. Sorry about that...
    AnnaRHR, we fully understand that having people do a double-take at you is not your strong suit. Don't fret.

FORT Fogey

Re: Re: You go, girls!

Originally posted by fluff
    Just as long as they are naturally amusing and don't force it like Gary and Dave from TAR 2.
    Gary and Dave provided some of the most classic TAR lines ever!

The bit about Gary burning a Mercedes in honor of his grandfather still puts a smile on my face.

+ Reply to Thread