+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 11/29 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 11/29 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I also think the drunks were staged. Didn't catch the pulling off part, but even so that may have been someone taking too much joy in their job. We've seen it on TAR before, where someone will move extra slow or something. I can't blame Erika for being angry, but wish she had not had that outburst. Still, she is light years ahead of those brothers. Mom must be so proud right now. Two asshat sons.

I really do not care who wins, BUT have a question. What did the brothers do so bad this episode? Not tell the name, heck I would not have either, yelled at each other, yes they were whinning, but still they were not rude to the locals.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fogey

I personally found the name thing offensive in that they were sharing info--and then suddenly the brother decided they weren't sharing info.

In other words--he benefitted from the sharing but would not reciprocate.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3759437;
    Kafka was mentioned to us the viewers but I don't think the name came up in the instructions for the task--did it?

I was on the phone during this working on a family problem so I may have missed it.
    They were in Prague, they were performing a task in a room that I would have immediately identified of as being Kafkaesque, and Kafka and his works are extremely well-known. I'm sorry, but it is shocking that all these people were unable to come up with the name Franz immediately.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Rattus--thanks so much for the info.

I wonder if part of the problem had to do with their being very tired? Nobody seemed very sharp during the portions I saw of the show. They all have to be pretty weary by now.

I noticed that when they gave the time when the teams left--they did NOT say what time the team came in which they usually do. So I wonder if they had a very short "rest" before this episode started.

I was sad to see the Globetrotters go.....I'm thinking that maybe they had to get back on the road with their team, so they gave up. Glad to see Erika and Brian still in it. I was so hoping that the Jewish guys wouldn't take the brothers who I call "Chip & Dale" from the cartoons figurine. I kept screamng, "the arm is broken".

I really want Erika and Brian to win this, but I'm sure it's going to be the other young couple or the brothers.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant;3759403;

Even more disappointing was seeing that one GT quit the Roadblock. C'mon, it was just putting five letters together in a word, not rocket science! Then again, considering I just saw teams in the latin-american version actually have trouble in a task of marking planets in order from nearest to farthest of the sun, nothing surprises me anymore in regards to smarts-related tasks.
    I would have gotten Franz quickly but it would have taken me some effort to get the planets in order (I'm sure I knew them when I was in grade school but the need for that knowledge has slipped away). And, actually, I don't think Kafka is necessarily that well known among the general population. I wouldn't have known that was a Kafka-esque task unless I was told (I've never read any Kafka though of course I've heard of him). I would have guessed Franz just because that's what the letters would have suggested to me. So I can't totally blame Big Easy. Though, really, Flight Time should have done that task as Big Easy has struggled on mental tasks before. But I guess they didn't necessarily know there would be a mental component...

Aw, Globetrotters - you broke my heart. I was hoping Big Easy would go back in and do it (before he announced he was quitting and taking the penalty). And then I was desperately hoping that the brothers would screw up (I was hoping the rabbi would tell them the broken arm was not acceptable and send them back) or, if not them, Brian and Ericka. Ah well. On to the Meghan-Cheyne train fo rme.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3759419;
    It's going to be a struggle to watch next week.
    Megan and Cheyne are certainly a strong team and I applaud them for that. But, he just looks like an Android with spiked hair to me and I just find the both of them overly bland and generic.
    The brothers are totally annoying.
    And Erica has once again shown that 'ugly American' side of hers.
    In defense of Erica this one time - she had to get ugly in order to keep people from messing up with their challenge. And, it's quite possible she did it to make the drunks know that if they messed with her she'd react in self-defense.

I'm by no means condoning all of her behavior, but this is a rare time I understand why she acted that way.

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3759497;
    I really do not care who wins, BUT have a question. What did the brothers do so bad this episode? Not tell the name, heck I would not have either, yelled at each other, yes they were whinning, but still they were not rude to the locals.
    I think the issue wasn't so much that he didn't say the name, BUT that he promised he would then reneged.

Personally, I thought it was pointless - they were probably going to be worst third, and they knew it. It was just petty of the brothers, who seem to think that for some reason they're number one all the time and not Meghan and Cheyne. They should've focused more on catching up and possibly passing them than pulling what they did on Big Easy and Flight Time.

And - to be fair, they couldn't yell at the locals - their detour avoided that.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Am I the only one who heard one of the brothers go "Rawwwrrrrr" (the sound one might associate with the approach of a hot-looking person) as they walked up to the mat at the end of the leg? Since they're both gay, was that for Phil?

Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

+ Reply to Thread