+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 11/29 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Ger

Re: 11/29 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I know I am old and sometimes miss things but I swear to God that when they showed the paper Big Easy was working on trying to figure out the name that Franz was written down there.
    Could I really have seen that and did he have it written down with all the other words he had on the paper and just over looked it.

Sorry to see them go and sorry he gave up but I think after so many hours your brain just shuts down and you cannot think any longer.

I agree that the brothers are so nasty and I was hoping that their dummy would have fallen and broke into a million pieces and that they would have had to start all over again.

Just a few weeks ago I moan about how horrible Erica was, well let me say tonight I changed my mind and give me Erica any day over those 2 brothers.
    They were worse than two , 2 year olds tonight.

I really do not care who wins the race next week cause my favorites were the Globetrotters and I like both couples who are in the finals.
    Just please DO NOT LET THE BROTHERS WIN !!!!

I cannot wait to see the final show next week cause it will be in Las Vegas and that is one of my favorite cities.

Did I miss something? What's the big deal about the woman on the mat? There is always a native on the mat with Phil, to welcome them to their country. There have been beautiful women in that spot before. What did I miss?
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3759426;
    Did I miss something? What's the big deal about the woman on the mat? There is always a native on the mat with Phil, to welcome them to their country. There have been beautiful women in that spot before. What did I miss?
    I think what people are saying about this, is that usually the native is dressed in some traditional apparel or costume to show the heritage of the particular city and country the racers are visiting. This young lady, albeit very beautiful, didn't really seem to fit the "typical" profile of Phil's mat mate. So, I think it just piqued the curiosity of several cats.
    Just my take on it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3759243;
    I am shocked, shocked, that they're doing a Kafkaesque task and can't think of the name Franz. Are they all unfamiliar with Kafka?
    Kafka was mentioned to us the viewers but I don't think the name came up in the instructions for the task--did it?

I was on the phone during this working on a family problem so I may have missed it.
    Last edited by Wind Dancer; 11-30-2009 at 01:41 AM.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3759413;
    Flight Time should have done that challenge. Anytime Big Easy had to do a thinking challenge, he struggled. The date for the briefcase locks is one that comes to mind. Sweet guy, but not too smart. I'm sad to see them go. I thought it was dirty of Dan to agree to work with him then bail when he got the word. They had to know that Ericka and Brian were behind them. They all saw the sign for the speed bump.

I didn't see what Ericka did that was so bad. She was being harrassed by a bunch of drunk foreigners. I would have let it rip, too.

I can't stand Dan. He is vile. If they win, well...I don't know what I'll do... But I won't be happy.

I was appalled by the drunks on the street!

Did you see how a member of the TAR staff quite obviously pulled one of the hecklers away from Brian?

I have never seen that done on any other season.

The TAR staff must really have not liked the Czechs to portray them in such a bad light.

Quote Originally Posted by fijibeachbum;3759429;
    I think what people are saying about this, is that usually the native is dressed in some traditional apparel or costume to show the heritage of the particular city and country the racers are visiting. This young lady, albeit very beautiful, didn't really seem to fit the "typical" profile of Phil's mat mate. So, I think it just piqued the curiosity of several cats.
    Just my take on it.
    Ah, ok. That makes sense. Thanks.

Wind Dancer I was appalled by the drunks on the street!

Did you see how a member of the TAR staff quite obviously pulled one of the hecklers away from Brian?

I have never seen that done on any other season.

The TAR staff must really have not liked the Czechs to portray them in such a bad light.
    I missed the TAR staff pulling him away, but I thought it was rude of the guys. It kind of looks bad, but I have a dear friend that is Czech and she's a doll. Her husband is a perfect gentlemen, as well. So, I'd rather tell myself that most of the natives are more like the pair of them than the drunken asses out barhopping..
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

JavaJo--hi.

You say--

"So, I'd rather tell myself that most of the natives are more like the pair of them than the drunken asses out barhopping.."

I would too.

I can't remember another time when TAR has shown people in any country in such a negative light. I found it puzzling.

I would blame it on the time of day. The teams were in race-mode in the early morning. I would also blame the tasks, as most of them were related to drinking. The Speed Bump had Brian/Ericka take a shot of some drink (which looked really nasty, judging from their reactions). And one of the Detours had the teams take 30 glasses of beer to a place where a bunch of soccer players were partying it up. I know the show was trying to make a point of how there's a lot of beer in the Czech Republic, but it sure painted the country in a sort of... I wouldn't say "bad." It was more like, they painted the country in a wild light. A very wild light.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3759422;
    Not to mention that one of the locals said something like, "You got some American attitude right there."
    That right there is what bothers me the most about Americans abroad. There are too many who forget that they are visitors in someone else's country. I don't have time to find the post to quote it but someone put something about the rude foreigners, talking about the natives of that country. Uhhhh...Erica was the foreigner, not them. It always galls me when folks on AR badmouth the "foreigners" they encounter on the race. That kind of attitude sure doesn't help our country's image and it sure could use some help.

I guess I was expecting the speedbump to be more difficult, so I actually thought that the "drunks" (or at least most of them) were staged to make it harder for the task to be performed.

FORT Fogey

Clayaholic--Hi. I too thought the harrassers were staged--until I saw one of them being pulled away from Brian and Erica by someone who was just off-camera.

+ Reply to Thread