+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 11/29 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

To the Point

Re: 11/29 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by JORY'sMom;3759360;
    Maybe I was seeing things, but didn't Brian and Erika take a taxi during the lager challenge? I guess I was hoping they'd get a penalty for that.
    I noticed that as well and was quite surprised that was allowed. I don't remember there being anything to indicate that it wasn't, I'm just surprised.

Actually, I do beliebe Brian and Ericka were penalized, because I clearly remember Phil telling them "You're the third team to arrive", as opposed to "You're team number three". I just assume that the GT's were too far behind and the penalty to B&E would make no difference in the standings.

I'm so disappointed that the brothers are still in there, they are horribly annoying, especially Dan, and their bickering make Ericka's outbursts seem tame by comparison. Speaking of, I don't blame Ericka one bit for getting so angry at that local woman, cause I know I'd have reacted even worse.

Even more disappointing was seeing that one GT quit the Roadblock. C'mon, it was just putting five letters together in a word, not rocket science! Then again, considering I just saw teams in the latin-american version actually have trouble in a task of marking planets in order from nearest to farthest of the sun, nothing surprises me anymore in regards to smarts-related tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3759400;
    I noticed that as well and was quite surprised that was allowed. I don't remember there being anything to indicate that it wasn't, I'm just surprised.
    It said "walking," but I have little doubt that because Flight Time and Big Easy were pretty much officially out by then, they decided to not show them waiting out the half hour or so penalty because it didn't make a different. It would be similar to Dallas and Starr's penalty for speeding - it didn't factor into the standings, so why bother showing it?

After seeing tonight, I want anyone but the brothers to win. I know that playing dirty can be seen as good game play, but really, in a game like this, it's not necessary - mostly because a taxi could send the Trotters to another area or they could've gotten lost, etc. It was just ugly and really unnecessary - and plus, I'd been trying to get rid of Megan and Cheyne, who have been DOMINATE in this game. The Globetrotters have had lots of blunders, making them easier to beat. Plus, the brothers DID say that they had finished ahead of the Globetrotters two times before, so they could've still done it this third time.

I NEVER thought that there'd be a team I liked less than team Guido (by this I mean both players were ugly). They have now officially took that title from Team Guido's first season (I liked them the second go round, so I have to give them a little bit of fairness ).

Quote Originally Posted by RacingGirl;3759285;
    I've been on team Meghan and Cheyne since day 1. They are my Fantasty team in a Fantasy league I'm in. Love them or hate them, they are awesome competitors!
    Actually, I've just been "meh" on them, because they're good, but not really as interesting as the other groups. I wouldn't be disappointed with them winning.

Same with Brian and Ericka, because while Ericka does bicker a tad too much, they have managed to get their heads on straight and when they have fought, they got over it quickly as they could and focused. That's why they are still in this race.

Sam and Dan - had it not been for the GT's giving up (and yes, I was disappointed in them there - and wanted to shout "Big Time - look at the statue or read the clue... Franz had to be somewhere!"), I think would've fallen to third or could've been eliminated with the arguments they were having with the statue.

BTW, I think Sam and Dan should've had to redo the statue when it was broken - I really was disappointed they got away with that. While it still may not have factored in to the final standings, I'd just like to have seen them have to do it again... and maybe they'd fought to the point they'd given up and taken the penalty, and the GT's could've come from behind and made third.

Why I liked the Globetrotters though was for one reason - even with Big Time's brain fart tonight, they realized it was a race, played hard but had even more fun. They didn't play dirty (I have little doubt that Big would've honored his promise to Sam and Dan, knowing that at worst they were going to be 2 and 3 again), and showed the good side of America. This holds even more true in this day and age, where a lot of countries see us as the ugly Americans.

They may not have needed the money as much, but I do think people will be talking to them on and off the courts a lot longer than they ever will Sam and Dan. As far as the brothers - if they do manage to win, I would love to ask them if it was worth making total and complete jackasses of themselves to win about $250,000 (after taxes) each? I would hope the answer is no, but some people do anything for that money.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3759260;
    Phil looks really tired at the finish mat.

ETA: Yeah, I agree about the Trotters, especially if you had F as the first letter.
    I think Phil was disappointed the brothers were still in it for some reason.

And yes, Big Easy should've just tried F and then shuffled the other four into several ways. He also should've done it where he did the letters first THEN filled out the rest of the form. My guess was as they were doing this in the middle of the night he was too tired and that's why he took the penalty.

It's too bad that if he did manage to figure it out on his own, they'd still have to do the full four hours penalty since they took it. But then again, given Flight Time was with him when he took it, they could've discussed it and then, even getting it right, might've had to still take the rest of it because of that.

Flight Time should have done that challenge. Anytime Big Easy had to do a thinking challenge, he struggled. The date for the briefcase locks is one that comes to mind. Sweet guy, but not too smart. I'm sad to see them go. I thought it was dirty of Dan to agree to work with him then bail when he got the word. They had to know that Ericka and Brian were behind them. They all saw the sign for the speed bump.

I didn't see what Ericka did that was so bad. She was being harrassed by a bunch of drunk foreigners. I would have let it rip, too.

I can't stand Dan. He is vile. If they win, well...I don't know what I'll do... But I won't be happy.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3759243;
    I am shocked, shocked, that they're doing a Kafkaesque task and can't think of the name Franz. Are they all unfamiliar with Kafka?
    I seriously doubt that the Globetrotters, or anyone else on this task, has ever heard of Kafka.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 11-30-2009 at 12:22 AM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

It was not that long ago on this forum people were arguing how dirty it was when the Globetrotters were talking smack on the water slide.
    There's no place like home!

It's going to be a struggle to watch next week.
    Megan and Cheyne are certainly a strong team and I applaud them for that. But, he just looks like an Android with spiked hair to me and I just find the both of them overly bland and generic.
    The brothers are totally annoying.
    And Erica has once again shown that 'ugly American' side of hers.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

After Big Easy took the penalty, the rest of the episode was horribly predictable. Of course Meghan/Cheyne were going to get first again. They completed the leg in a few hours! Boring.

And even though they bicker a lot, it was obvious that Sam/Dan would end up behind M/C, as they had a good lead over Brian/Ericka. Also, the beer RB looked a little more challenging.

I didn't think anything of Ericka's reaction to the locals. Brian didn't react that nicely to the drunk lady also. I can't blame them for getting mad. Heck, I probably would have said something even worse than they did. Not to mention that one of the locals said something like, "You got some American attitude right there." So it wasn't only Brian/Ericka who were saying rude things.

On the other side of things, I loved their reaction to getting into the F3. That little hectic kiss they shared, I thought it was cute. Brian is such a sweet guy. Hopefully this show changed Ericka's mom's opinion on him.

I'm expecting the finale to end with a Meghan/Cheyne win. Yes, they're probably the most deserving in terms of their race performance, but they would be such boring winners.

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze;3759254;
    What's the significance of the woman at the mat?
    I was wondering the same thing. I was guessing that she was some Czech supermodel, cause the girl was drop dead beautiful. She did look a little bit like Petra.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 11-30-2009 at 12:31 AM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread