+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: 11/29 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/29 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by CookieJ;3760023;
    For some reason, Brian and Erika have been my favorites since Day #1. Normally I don't like divas in any form, but I like her. She's a beauty queen but she hasn't refused to get her hands dirty, and she's done much less bitching and whining than Sam and Dan! Count how many times you hear a whining " Will you Shut UP??" in every episode between those two!
    Barbie and Ken are a snooze fest and the brothers are just obnoxious and cheaters to boot (cab stealers).

I think Brian and Erika are doing pretty well as a couple. It's clear that they are stressing and yea, Erika takes it out on Brian a little more than he does her, but IMO they really seem to work hard at keeping their cool with each other. Marriage is work and they are working at it. I like/respect that.

Minimally, I give them A+++ for effort, and that goes a long way in my book. Of the final 3, I want them to win; and they will be the only reaon I tune in for the remainder of the season.

FORT Fogey

My thought was that even with the "it begins with F" clue, how could he even trust that information? He reneged on exchanging information, why not misdirect with the clue too? Plus they were near the end of the race, and everyone is clearly tired. I'm sure they hated to give up, but they remained a supportive team to the end.

I'm good with words too, so Franz is the word I would've come up with. Didn't know Franz was Kafka's first name though! That was a new piece of info for me

I think we can all speculate how well we would have done at the RB if we ourselves were there, but the thing is that we can never know for sure how we would have done since we weren't actually there. Personally, I think I could have gotten "Franz" in a couple of tries, since it's logical to think that the A (the only vowel) would go somewhere in the middle. But I could be wrong, as there were other circumstances that affected the racers during the task, such as how they stressed they were, how much time they were there, etc.

SpringMaiden27 brings up a good point about the possibility of Sam (or was it Dan?) lying to Big Easy about the name starting with an F. You never know with the brothers. That little sense of wonder and doubt probably affected Big Easy's mental game even more. But since Sam (Dan?) was the one who initiated the semi-alliance at the RB, I probably would have gone with his word.

Honestly, I didn't think what Sam (Dan?) did was that bad. It's the penultimate leg of the Amazing Race! I think it would have been worse if he had actually given Big Easy the answer. It's not exactly the most moral thing to do, but this game gets vicious at times.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Regular

My thought on the brother not sharing with Big Easy is this. Why say you would then? If you do not want to work together - don't! But the fact he made an agreement and then reneged on it annoys me. I totally do not get why any team would want to work with another so that always bugs me anyway but if you agree- then keep your word.

FORT Newbie

I haven't posted in years but i had to come out of hiding for this one. I was saddened that the Globetrotters lost on this particular task. I don't know what kind of background they came from but I thought in one of the episodes they said something about living in the projects or something like that... old age, can't remember exactly or maybe they were joking. However, if it's true, their lives would have revolved more around surviving than learning about literary greats. Also, my 7th grader pointed out that they started this leg in the late evening so their judgement was probably clouded, and their thinking skills were probably dulled. So sad they were philiminated.

512Mom I agree with you 100%. I loved watching those guys! They were both fun and funny. I still smile when I remember them riding bikes in those crazy Dutch costumes. I doubt that either of those two have a great education but they seemed like really good people and I was sorry to see them go.

To the Point

The GTs were one of the most pleasant and entertaining pairs ever on this show, IMO. Love them. Makes me want to go see a performance.

Brian/Erika and Sam/Dan were my two least favorite teams from the start. So disappointed that they BOTH made the final 3. Ugh. Meghan and Cheyne have done great and should be able to coast to an easy victory. Will be a shame if they don't but at least they've won plenty of rewards for being first.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mimzy;3760652;
    I think it comes down to NOT how one is educated at high school or college, but what is taught, talked about, listened to, at HOME!
    More then half of what I know is from a solid raising. I think for the most part schooling is lacking in real teaching. Spent most of my time waiting.
    And that was in AP classes.
    Big fat ditto here.

I never read Kafka, Doestoevsky, Sarte, almost any of "those names." The only reason I've read Camus was because I was heavy into The Cure in the 90's! LOL

And I'm gifted-level IQ, AP educated, merit scholar, etc. I never was in a single classroom where anything of that sort was mentioned - period.

The ONLY reason I know those names is from general exposure at home. Television. Magazines. Family conversations.

I think a lot of this is reminiscent of my shock over the contestants not recognizing Jackie Kennedy. As the years pass, more happens that becomes MORE important to teach to generations that have come since our own. I'm 41, and even though I know of things/people/events that came "before my time," I'm sure I know less of the same sorts of things than my parents or older siblings do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112