+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: BB11's Jeff & Jordan up for AR #16 **possible spoilers**

Re: BB11's Jeff & Jordan up for AR #16

I don't recall seeing anyone wear them either, not that I've paid that much attention to their attire, other than to notice teams seem to be wearing matching colours for the past few seasons.
    It didn't occur to me that their might be a rule against wearing them, just that as they're not the greatest choice of racewear, people would have more sense than to pick them.

If it is against the rules to wear them, American tradition or not, don't wear them. That rule should be simple enough even for Jordan to understand.
    They aren't in America for the bulk of the Race anyway.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Why would jeans be inappropriate to wear to race? Not bucking the rule, I just don't see what would be wrong with jeans. They wear short shorts, short skirts, skimpy tops, etc. so I'm not getting what's wrong with them.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3780113;
    If it is against the rules to wear them, American tradition or not, don't wear them. That rule should be simple enough even for Jordan to understand.
    They aren't in America for the bulk of the Race anyway.
    First off, I don't believe it is a rule not to wear jeans. It's just an obvious thing to bring sporty clothes that you would be comfortable running around in. Because racers have (on the rare occasion) worn jeans in the past.

Secondly, the picture
    Click to see Spoiler:
    of Jordan and Jeff BOTH wearing jeans was taken in Puerto Vallarta. Which means they were at Elimination Station after they had been eliminated, and were not racing at the time. So who's to say Jordan OR Jeff wore jeans on the race, let alone misunderstood/bypassed rules to do so?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I don't think jeans are practical racewear. Then again, the flight attendants from season 14 had those drag along suitcases that they ran down the streets tugging along behind them, so what do I know With the different challenges and all the running, I just don't know if I'd risk something that might slow me down or make it uncomfortable/complicated to complete a task.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I don't know...only seen TAR now and then, but at times they've done things like climb up or down cliffs, where good strong fabric might be a good protection. Light weight jeans might be a good option.

Re Jordan's whining... she did, especially when she was PMSing, or so she said...she was a real pain. Little of that appeared on the show though, you had to be watching the live feeds or reading about them. It was so bad we were almost surprised Jeff didn't dump her, she was so nasty. And Jeff had a couple of bad moments, too, but again, it was more on the live feeds.

For those who don't know them, what was particularly appealing about them (aside from his George Clooney looks, and her Bambi in the headlights blondeness), was their attitude towards each other. Aside from her PMS period they were very cute and adoring to each other, the way he looked at her when she wasn't looking, etc. He is a bit older than she is, and somewhat more sophisticated (only somewhat though), and she was quite adament that there would be no sex beyond kissing while in the house and he respected that, so the skankiness level was quite low... and in pleasant contrast to other BB couples of the past. He's quite competitive and pretty good at stuff. She less so, but she tries at least in part to please him.

For those who followed their relationship on the show it'll be interesting to see what it's like now that the sexual tension has presumably been released and they aren't trapped in a house with some fairly awful people. Also to see them seeing the world, especially Jordan who's had a pretty sheltered limited life.

FORT Fogey

Re: BB11's Jeff & Jordan up for AR #16 **possible spoilers**

I have no reason other than my gut instinct, but I think that they put these crossovers on with a set fee just to get ratings. If Jeff and Jordan go out in some big hoopla type scenario than people will talk about the show. It is obvious that they will not win, but probably get paid an appearance fee to spice things up.

Re: BB11's Jeff & Jordan up for AR #16 **possible spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3838395;
    I have no reason other than my gut instinct, but I think that they put these crossovers on with a set fee just to get ratings. If Jeff and Jordan go out in some big hoopla type scenario than people will talk about the show. It is obvious that they will not win, but probably get paid an appearance fee to spice things up.

I am about 99% sure that Jeff/Jordan were paid for their appearance on TAR just like Rob/Amber.......They were the most popular duo to ever come out of BB the same as Rob/Amber for their show...The gimmick of putting them on the show seem to have paid off because the ratings are doing quite nicely, they had some stiff competition over at NBC....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345