+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve & Dave

Steve & Dave

[IMG]images/stor/tar4_steve_dave.jpg[/IMG]

BIO

Forty-six-year-old Steve is an air traffic controller at the busy Chicago Center in Chicago, Illinois. He is a big fan of THE AMAZING RACE and has always wanted to be on the show. He has traveled quite a bit, especially recently, when he went to Russia with his wife and adopted his daughter, Olivia, which he describes as the most exciting moment in his life. He is fascinated by different countries and cultures. He loves watching Andy Griffith marathons on TV and eating pepperoni pizza for breakfast. He loves golf, bowling, movies and Chicago sports. He describes himself as "large, funny and friendly," and compares himself to actor John Candy.

Dave is 43 and works with Steve as an air traffic controller. He has been married four times and his children are grown; in fact, he is a grandfather. He loves woodworking and bowling and is a big fan of reality TV. He describes himself as "funny, outgoing and persevering." He compares himself to Woody Allen and Cosmo Kramer. He doesn't know any foreign languages, but can swear in Spanish. He is a perfectionist, and that makes it tough to be overweight. His biggest upset was when he and Steve made an operational error together at work, causing two planes to get too close (four miles). They were both decertified and had to go through retraining together. He wants to go on THE AMAZING RACE primarily for the competition and believes he and Steve will do very well.

Davecan swear in Spanish I may not need to get out the translator when recapping this guy
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Woah, their little operational problem could have turned out very nasty.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Gosh, is that operational problem thing something you want in your profile online?
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Ever since I watched 'Pushing Tin', I think being an air traffic controller is pretty cool

I like them. sounds like v. nice ppl.
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

FORT Fan
    >Dave is 43 and has been married four times
    Wow, hard to imagine he is a grandfather.

SO many Steves, I can't figure who is who.

Just as raindance said, they look quite nice and I hope they can stay at least half of the show.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    These two sound like they'll add a little fun to the show. They'll have to curtail their dangerous sides a little or they may have a real catastrophe on their hands.
    They sound like a good pair to keep your eyes on!!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Hmmm, I think I'll hold out judgement on these two until the show airs.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FORT Fogey
    I like these two guys. They seem funny and down-to-Earth, although I must say that 43 is awfully young to be a grandparent, but it's not my right to place judgment. I like really family oriented people, though.

well, if he had a kid at 21 and his kid had a kid at 21 he could have a young grandchild. Yes, it's young, but it's not quite 15 and 15 which happens quite often.

This is by far my favorite team on paper. I hope they don't dissapoint.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast