+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve & Dave

Leo
    Premium Member
    Originally posted by cali
    Of course I reserve the right to change my mind after actually watching the show.
    Same here - so please don't hang me if I say something really stupid about the contestants now.

FORT Fogey
    From TV Guide:

Many start the round-the-world competition full of bravado. And then there's 46-year-old Steve, one of the air-traffic controllers, who pledges, "We're going to do our darnedest to run the entire Amazing Race without breaking a sweat."

I think this team is clearly going to be funny. Also, it appears that they're People Magazine's pick as well, according to their article...

Local duo to compete on 'The Amazing Race'
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    By Colt Foutz
    STAFF WRITER
    http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/b...a27amazing.htm

Who are Steve Meitz and Dave Cunningham?

The long answer: local men who will compete together against 11 other two-person teams on The Amazing Race, which chronicles a journey around the globe and premieres at 7 p.m. Thursday on CBS.

The short answer: two guys who — if they do well — we won't know much more about until the TV program runs its course.

That's because even as Steve and Dave are welcomed into living rooms this week, both men are subject to a policy of secrecy — about the show, their roles in it and especially who wins.

"That's in their contracts," said CBS spokeswoman Kim Sartori. "They can't talk to you, because inadvertently they could slip up, and that would be bad for them and bad for the show. They can speak when they're eliminated or when they win the race."

We do know a little, of course.

Both men are air traffic controllers, according to a CBS Web site. Meitz, 46, lives in Naperville with his wife and adopted daughter, Olivia. Cunningham, 43, lives in Aurora and is a father and grandfather.

Their biographies at www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race4/ contain such nuggets as Cunningham's ability to swear in Spanish and Meitz's penchant for a breakfast pepperoni pizza, as well as this quote from Cunningham: "The most stressful thing about traveling is the fear that Steve will follow through on his threat to sit on me if I don't give him a dollar every day."

Could this statement hint at some tension on the team? Could Cunningham's reverse cash flow turn into trouble for the globe-trotting duo?

The point is no one will know until they're off the show. So until then, tune in.

FORT Fogey
    The article posted on Debra and Steve's thread appears to evidence an alliance between these two pairs. I think that is a good sign that they will be around for at least a few weeks if they can work well as a team, which I think they will...

FORT Fogey
    I have such respect for people who adopt chidren.

If you ever need any more proof that Steve and Dave are going to be the Kevin and Drew of TAR4...

It is wholly inaccurate and unfair to say Chicago area flight controllers and longtime pals Steve Meitz and Dave Cottingham are not in shape.

"Round is a shape," Cottingham said. "Pear is a shape."

The full interview is here
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

FORT Fogey
    I keep loving these two more and more!

FORT Fogey
    I'm assumint they are the "old, fat, out-of-shape middle-aged guys," but I just wonder who they are quoting from...

Good casting is an essential reality component, and Race once again seems to have come up with a good mix of root-for and root-against teams. Among the teams are a pair of models, two "old, fat, out-of-shape middle-aged guys," a gay couple who are trying to keep their sexuality secret, two circus clowns, a couple who have been dating for 12 years but are still virgins, a New Jersey guy engaged to a Texas girl ("it's like The Sopranos meets The Dukes of Hazzard") and my early favorites, a married couple whose self-description is "we're fat, we're 40 but we're fun."

http://www.usatoday.com/life/televis...ing-race_x.htm

These guys sound really funny! I think I'm going to enjoy having them on the show. Can't wait till tonight!
    To be a star: you must shine your own light; follow your own path; and don't be afraid of the darkness, for that's where stars shine brightest.

Watch The Amazing Race 4 on CBS Thursdays @ 8:00!!!

After watching episode one I'm impressed that I actually took a liking to these guys. Still not one of my favorite teams, but they definitely moved up my personal rank ladder.

+ Reply to Thread