+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 239 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Reichen & Chip

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by skywisej
    Well, I have to root for the team initially because my husband's name is Chip too!
    Interesting reason for choosing the teams you like. Of course, I was rooting for Aaron and Arianne last season because Arianne and I went to the same college, so I suppose I shouldn't talk... Besides, this is my favorite team, so at least your husband isn't named Jon or Tian... There's never been a Jermaine on any reality show I know of, so I can't use that reasoning.

I think knowing someone with the same name often plays into people liking a team... especially pre show. Assuming they like the person they know that shares the name)
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

You know... I was just making a silly remark. I don't really have a favorite yet. I just have an affinity towards this team on paper because of the names. How many of us will actually have the same favorites after the show starts anyway? I remember really liking the Guidos at first in season one and I ended up loathing them by the end and was cheering for them to be eliminated every episode. I like the name Chip (obviously) so I'll pick that as a stupid superficial reason to like this team until the show actually starts and I can actually form an opinion based on how the teams act. Sorry, I just felt like I had to justify myself.
    To be a star: you must shine your own light; follow your own path; and don't be afraid of the darkness, for that's where stars shine brightest.

Watch The Amazing Race 4 on CBS Thursdays @ 8:00!!!

Originally posted by Tuluminous
    Yes, an increment nearer the likes of the Theban Sacred Band, perhaps... but they did still see fit to get "married," which suggests a tendency to conform to societal pressures/stereotypes. However, lots of "gay" men reign supreme in their fields of endeavour and are tough as hell behind the gay parade facades/personas, IMHO.
    Pardon my French, but what the f*** are you saying?

lol lobeck! I was kinda thinking the same thing!
    To be a star: you must shine your own light; follow your own path; and don't be afraid of the darkness, for that's where stars shine brightest.

Watch The Amazing Race 4 on CBS Thursdays @ 8:00!!!

FORT Fogey
    According to this article, these two are supposed to be conceited:

The standouts so far are Tennesseans Millie and Chuck, who are constantly identified with the subtitle "Dating 12 years/virgins"; Amanda, a seemingly sweet young woman from South Dakota (traveling with boyfriend Chris) who curses like a truck driver whenever the race gets tight; Jon and Al, the aforementioned clowns, who seem like the show's most cheerful duo since frat buddies Kevin and Drew from the original series, and Reichen and Chip, a gay couple who spend so much time talking about how great they are that they don't realize how badly they're doing.

http://www.nj.com/columns/ledger/all...3820173750.xml

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I like Reichen because he's a former AF pilot...
    Cocky? I'm sure he is. Didn't everyone see Top Gun? (yes, I know that was Navy, but you get my drift )
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FORT Fogey
    They're still my pick to win, though. At least until the show airs...

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    Before actually seeing them in action, I like these guys. At least their names are fun. I can't help but wonder what Chip's real name is though. It must be pretty awful or he got stuck with the nickname like someone I know did and he's 'a chip off the old block'. To bad Reichen isn't the name of a snack food. We could call this team Potato Chip or Corn Chip.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

FORT Fogey
    Isn't Chip a nickname for Charles? I know two Chips and their real names are both Charles. Of course, I'm sure it's a nickname for other things too...

+ Reply to Thread