+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 239 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Reichen & Chip

FORT Fogey
    They just got bonus points by me for this:

Later, the Carmodys, having missed out on a hotel room, are invited by the gay team to share a bedroom. Steve is depressed by his failure to get accommodations and gets teary-eyed. Debra comforts him and looks on the bright side.

"It's not exactly the way I intended it," she says, "but I get to sleep with three guys, so maybe in the long run this worked out OK," she jokes.

That's very nice of them, so I'm thinking I'm right in liking them...

very nice indeed. As long as being nice doesn't cost them in the race, I hope they are nice throughout.

Letting the Carmody's stay in their room didn't cost them any time, and was a really nice thing to do. They may have made an allie early on.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Fogey
    Further showing both intelligence and compassion. I think it's kind of nice to travel in pairs of teams sometimes, because then if you run faster, you can't place last.

JR.
    He cried because he didn't get a room? Geez, makes me wonder what will happen if something really difficult comes up.

Where is all the crying for a room stuff info coming [from]?
    Is that spoiler material?

It's from an article posted in the Steve & Debra thread, about them (but mentioning these two).

THANKS, John. I'll check it out.

FORT Fogey
    I am really rooting for this team to win the whole thing. They seem intelligent, compassionate, level-headed, and athletic. Also, it seems like they will be able to refute some stereotypes about homosexuals that have generally been reinforced by the selection of stereotypical gay teams in the past...

Yes, an increment nearer the likes of the Theban Sacred Band, perhaps... but they did still see fit to get "married," which suggests a tendency to conform to societal pressures/stereotypes. However, lots of "gay" men reign supreme in their fields of endeavour and are tough as hell behind the gay parade facades/personas, IMHO.

Well, I have to root for the team initially because my husband's name is Chip too!
    To be a star: you must shine your own light; follow your own path; and don't be afraid of the darkness, for that's where stars shine brightest.

Watch The Amazing Race 4 on CBS Thursdays @ 8:00!!!

+ Reply to Thread