+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 239 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Reichen & Chip

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by |eogeO
    Reichen's pix are real hot!!!
    I'll say! I didn't know that body was hiding under his clothes.

FORT Fogey
    You know, I didn't see anyone pointing out to the other teams their relationship, saying "We're friends," "We're married," "We've been dating for twelve years and have never had sex," etc., so why should these two have to? Let the other teams draw their own conclusion, but it's not Reichen and Chip's duty to tell them about their personal life.

Originally posted by karna68
    I just think it's a DAMN shame they're gay!

FORT Regular
    Take a look at this bizarre item! I posted it in another forum last Wednesday, but this forum is more active.

-----

Already, thousands are hoping Chip and Reichen are eliminated, then sent to hell.

WorldNetDaily, a leading conservative news site famous for railing against "the sodomy lobby" and for never using the term gay without quotation marks ("gay" doesn't sound contemptable enough for WND), is railing against the "gay"/homosexual Chip and Reichen, encouraging people to contact CBS advertisers and local CBS affiliates, as well as asking them to vote in a WND poll, where calling them "immoral" receives 54 percent of the vote, followed by "nail in coffin of Western civilization" (14%), "avoid show and other CBS programming" (13%), and "time for another boycott of advertisers," which garnered seven percent of the vote, with 8,616 votes tallied. The option, "For God's sake, people, get a life," is unavailable.

-----

Isn't that just sick/depressing/hilarious? WND claims the reason they're all up-in-arms is because Chip and Reichen are listed as married, something that is government-sanctioned only in Belgium and the Netherlands. (No state allows marriage, Vermont has a sort of separate-but-almost-equal "civil union" compromise.) I wouldn't be surprised if they did get married in Holland or Belgium, with all their travel experience. Many churches in my town bless gay couples, but they don't have any rights, like hospital visitation, Social Security, tax, Medicare, and inheritance rights, etc.

Anyway, I know this forum is about Chip and Reichen, not gay marriage, but isn't it just bizarre that people would be so upset by actual reality on reality TV?

FORT Fogey
    I just think it's sick that people feel they have the right to tell people how to live their lives. And I think Reichen and CHip seem MUCH more moral than a lot of so-called devout Christians.

And, I'm assuming they got married in a church and had it blessed by a reverend, but do not received state-sanctioned rights of a civil marriage. My religion (Unitarian Universalism) is really big on sanctioning and providing gay weddings and marriages, so that's a very distinct possibility...

I always find it interesting that people accept outrageous statements at face value.

I went ahead and looked at this article being referenced above. For those who care, it is here: http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=32814

I see nothing there that says thousands are hoping that Chip and Reichen are eliminated and sent to hell. That is simply wrong.

I do note that the conservative columnist objects to the use of term marriage (and this is hardly new ground amongst the far right on this topic), and encourages those who feel the same to contact advertisers, etc. Nothing there that those on the far left have not done as well. Boycotts rarely work for either end of the politcal spectrum.

As expected, and even the columnist admits, there has been little to no outcry about the situation. In fact, CBS' spokesperson gives the best quote of the article: "They're married and they're gay. Is there an issue?"
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    "They're married and they're gay. Is there an issue?"
    Damn right! The only issue to me is are they going to be a team I'll like on the show.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FORT Regular
    Thousands of people condemned Chip and Reichen on The Amazing Race as another "nail in the coffin of Western civilization," etc. through the accompanying poll. I wasn't making anything up. Elsewhere on the site you can learn how gays "target children both for their own sexual pleasure and to enlarge the homosexual movement." Pardon me for being harsh on these people.

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by pdxviewer
    gays "target children both for their own sexual pleasure and to enlarge the homosexual movement."
    That's just sick that they would say something like that, especially since most child molesters are heterosexual...

+ Reply to Thread