+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 11/22/Show Discussion *Spoilers*

CCL

Re: 11/22/Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3755438;
    Sure they would have had a hissy fit, but it is all part of the game. If this had actually delayed Ericka and Brian I am sure they would have received a penalty at the pit stop. Since we only get an edited version we may never know how much time elapsed.
    They would not have gotten a penalty. Teams have stolen cabs before; it is fair play (well, maybe not fair, but it is allowed). Cabs are not part of the game (ie it is not like that one season where the players put away some of the game equipment and were assigned a penalty for interference).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I'm OK with anyone winning, as long as it is not the Bickering Brothers or the Whiney Wife with the poor sweet but hen pecked husband!

The Globetrotters are fun to watch and seem like great guys. Meghan and Cheynne seem a little bland, but they play the game well.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3755418;
    Brian and Ericka...I like him more than her. But why does he always volunteer her for tasks? I could have told him that she would complain left and right about having to search the theatre. I wouldn't have been sad to see them eliminated.
    CCL--hi.

I have a slightly different take on Brian and Erika than some others do.

To me they are a very loving couple whose relationship just happens to include a lot of pickin' n talkin' about low-level uinimportant matters.

Which they always work out at some point.

But it is obvious that they deeply love and care about each other. Just the way they touch each other randomly while talking about other things--all their body language indicates their deep affection for each other. And now that we know that Erika's mom did NOT want them to get married, my admiration for their strong relationship has grown even more.

Why does Brian volunteer her? That's the way their relationship works--kind of snarky around the edges but really loving at the core.

Very very different from other couples we've seen who sniped at each other--who also had serious physical problems--like minor domestic abuse. And who never made up. Never even talked about their differenes or tried to work them out.

IMO Brian and Erika are an example of how to have a really good relationship with someone while enjoying the complexities of being two different people with strong ideas and opinions.

You have to be a very strong very centered person to go against the wishes of your family on a very absic matter like marriage (been there and done that in a different context) and that kind of strength translates into strong ideas/opinions about everything.

That they can recognize that and work through differences and come out even stronger is very admirable--and mature.

IMO only of course.

I didn't realize it was going to be an NEL.
    I really don't care for the brothers - I hate when people on this race become consumed with the bickering that these guys do. I think Meganb and Cheyne are very good players. I do like her more than him - esp. after last night - but, overall, I just find them kind of bland and boring.
    Still not a fan of Erica's, because, to me, she just always seems like she's above everything. Brian seems like a saint and a really sweet guy.
    I still really enjoy the Globetrotters and find them the most likable. They just seem very down to earth and mudane. And, they don't bicker with each other, which I really like. I find most of their comments ( esp. those about their background / roots ) to be hysterical.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Noreality--hi. I'm a big Globetrotters team fan too. In thinking about who I would most like to see with that big check in their hands--it's those guys. They really are refreshing for this show.

I keep forgetting that one of them lost his father just before the show started. They are so levelheaded and don't get caught up in a lot of petty stuff.

And yes their humor--and good humor--is contagious.

Sam & Dan have good chances of winning this whole game. Go Sam & Dan! I dont care about the bickering stuff! Well, siblings always do that all the time including my brother and I. Couldnt care less.

To the Point

It's not the bickering that bothers me with the brothers as much as the whining! Never have I seen two men (supposedly old enough to be considered grown) whine so much. They also are hypocrites in that they feel that it's all fair game when they do something that might be considered "nasty", but it makes them angry for someone to do the same to them. What's good for the goose...

FORT Regular

Meghan & Cheyenne bore me. I really do not want them to win. I would rather see Brian and Erica win - at least they are 'real' to me. The brothers are hypocrites and their fighting annoys me MUCH more than Brian and Erica-not sure why but it does. In a country where you might not make much $ and the brothers offer to pay you more-that to me is unfair and of course the cab driver is going to do it. The brothers had no clue what the car was and only because they saw the other team were they able to get to that figured out so quickly. I am not a fan of the brothers or megan & Cheyenne.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3755638;
    CCL--hi.

I have a slightly different take on Brian and Erika than some others do.

To me they are a very loving couple whose relationship just happens to include a lot of pickin' n talkin' about low-level uinimportant matters.

Which they always work out at some point.

But it is obvious that they deeply love and care about each other. Just the way they touch each other randomly while talking about other things--all their body language indicates their deep affection for each other. And now that we know that Erika's mom did NOT want them to get married, my admiration for their strong relationship has grown even more.

Why does Brian volunteer her? That's the way their relationship works--kind of snarky around the edges but really loving at the core.

Very very different from other couples we've seen who sniped at each other--who also had serious physical problems--like minor domestic abuse. And who never made up. Never even talked about their differenes or tried to work them out.

IMO Brian and Erika are an example of how to have a really good relationship with someone while enjoying the complexities of being two different people with strong ideas and opinions.

You have to be a very strong very centered person to go against the wishes of your family on a very absic matter like marriage (been there and done that in a different context) and that kind of strength translates into strong ideas/opinions about everything.

That they can recognize that and work through differences and come out even stronger is very admirable--and mature.

IMO only of course.
    I totally agree with this. To me, as I noted in my post, they seem real. And you can see their affection for each other. My parents used to bicker like that too, so maybe I am used to it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3755419;
    I do not understand the hate over S&D taking the taxi.
    I think the show should have a rule against this kind of thing. It's like taking monopoly money from your opponent when he/she isn't looking.

It's nothing less than cheating and shouldn't be allowed.

IMO, of course.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345