+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Monica & Sheree

FORT Fogey
    They seem nice enough, albeit shallow:

What is the most important item in your backpack, and why?
    Monica: Pictures of my family that cheer me up when I get a little homesick and my "Oh Baby" lip gloss that keeps me feeling "looking good"!
    Sheree: My MAC gloss. The last thing I want is lips that look like they've been eating powdered donuts.

I honestly don't think this is the best time to be worrying about looking good...

On the other hand, they will be watched by millions of people on national TV. So I'll let that lip gloss stuff slide, for now.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

I'd let it slide if they didn't list it as the most important thing in their backbacks
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

True enough.

Since it's obvious most contestants were trying to be at least a little humorous (powdered donuts) with most of these pre-show questions, I'll reserve my true judgment for the show. It's when they're pressured and forced to make quick decisions that you'll see their true nature stand out. That's what I love about this show. Some contestants will bicker under that pressure, others like Ken and Gerard will take it as an opportunity to make us laugh some more.

Not to take anything away from your great pre-show analysis, Cali. It was a really great read
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

I think they'll be able to hold up to the physical tests of the show.
    They both look to be pretty fit.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Wives compete in 'Amazing Race' reality show

By KEN SUGIURA
    Atlanta Journal-Constitution Staff Writer
    http://www.ajc.com/falcons/content/s...14falcons.html

Monica Ambrose and Sheree Buchanan can let you in on some of their secret, but not all of it.

This much we know:

Ambrose, the wife of former Falcon Ashley Ambrose, and Buchanan, the wife of Falcon Ray Buchanan, are one of 12 two-person teams in the CBS reality show, "Amazing Race," that begins May 29.

If it turns out they've won the race around the world, they will have won $1 million.

They're contractually bound to keep quiet.

"It's extremely hard, especially when you're a talker like me," said Sheree Buchanan. "I was a journalism major, so I like to talk."

The two are best friends, as are their husbands. Though Ashley Ambrose signed with the New Orleans Saints after the Falcons released him in February, the two families still live across the street from each other in the Sugarloaf community in Gwinnett County.

Here's what they can say: The two entered after Ambrose was looking at the CBS Web site and saw the call for audition tapes for the show. They put together a three-minute video in which they start out at the Buchanan home, play tennis, work out and then go shopping. The main purpose was to show their competitive spirit and their silly side.

Said Ambrose, "I hit Sheree in the head with a tennis ball."

Besides the $1 million prize, they saw it as a chance to flex some girl power muscle.

"We both have been in that supporting role for Ashley and Ray for so many years, and it's wonderful, but it's hard at the same time," Ambrose said.

Or, as Buchanan says in the first episode, "We've been cheering for them for so many years, so this is a chance for them to put on their little skirts and pompoms and cheer for us!"

Said Ambrose, "A lot of people think it's so easy to be married to a professional athlete, but you almost lose your identity. Everyone refers to us as Ashley's wife or Ray's wife."

Ambrose said that in Web sites dedicated to reality shows, she and Buchanan are already being dismissed as pampered wives of professional athletes. That was the sort of image the two wanted to change.

"We went in with the idea that there wasn't anything we woudln't do unless it was life-threatening," said Ambrose, who entered the U.S. Army Reserves after high school to pay for college.

The filming for the show began in January, shortly after the Falcons lost in the NFL playoffs to the Philadelphia Eagles. Ambrose said she and Buchanan would have gone even if the Falcons had advanced further.

Said Ambrose, "A lot of people think it's so easy to be married to a professional athlete, but you almost lose your identity. Everyone refers to us as Ashley's wife or Ray's wife."
    I guess she doesn't realize that it's not just athletes wives... or heck, only wives.

I am my husbands wife, my kids' mom, my mothers daughter.......

I want to add, that I'm sure it is even harder for them as so many people think they "know" their husbands.

I hoipe they are a likeable team, I really don't get any thing from this article

JR.
    I bet "Ashley's Wife" and "Ray's Wife" don't mind the paychecks they bring home though

Exactly, JR.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread