+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Kelly & Jon

I've watched the recent ep several times already
    I had never heard Kelly saying anything about gay on the repelling. Chip actually started it by walking up to jon yelling-"A gay man beat you" Jon's yelling at kelly not to the gay man beat ya" reichen and chip are yelling at him but I never heard anything coming out kelly's mouth other than- this sucks and ouch
    Carey

Quote Originally Posted by cajro62
    I've watched the recent ep several times already
    I had never heard Kelly saying anything about gay on the repelling...I never heard anything coming out kelly's mouth other than- this sucks and ouch
    You're quite right; Kelly never made any derogatory comments about gays.

It was only Jon who shouted:"Come on Kelly, you're letting that gay guy beat you." "Kick this guy's ass."

Some people just assumed that if Jon is saying that to motivate Kelly, she must be anti-gay. To me that is guilt by association and rather overstretching.

God.. I can't stand the two of them.... If they win this AR4.. I am boy cotting the show.. Last time the whiner Flo wins but I was ok with it cuz i liked Zack.. and at least he got something out of it.. but these two are severely pathetic & annoying people I have seen...

Flo's winning TAR3 greatly reduced my tolerance of nasty, despicable idiots winning this "game", so Kelly and Jon partly suffer from that previous win. I might be able to stand them winning if Flo hadn't won.

But yes, I can barely stand to even watch them on my TV week after week, and if they're first across the finish line, I'm done with this show.

FORT Fogey
    I can understand how in the heat of the moment of extreme disappointment how a Jon & Al fan who also despises Kelly & Jon would vow to boycott the show in future if the latter were to win.

However, consider this: What if, at the beginning of the series, you were told with 100% certainty that K&J would win while J&A would finish high but would not win, would you have refused to watch TAR4 at all? That would mean not meeting and getting to know the wonderful people who are the clowns. I know it must sound hokey to talk about some strangers on a tv show in this manner, but they have been a positive experience in my life that I wouldn't want to have missed.

It's true that at the start of a race, we don't know any of the competitors - who will we like, who will we dislike, who are we indifferent to? But boycotting a potential TAR5 just because you didn't like the final standings of TAR4 means you're reducing TAR to just the end result without taking into account the winding road to get there.

As ClownJon stated in his closing remarks, TAR is like life. And life isn't just about the endpoint; it's really more about the complex journey you take to reach that final destination.

I've enjoyed every moment of TAR4 where those 2 weren't on the screen.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Why I want Kelly to win

Okay, I'm probably going to get snowballed for saying this, but I'm really, really, REALLY hoping that Jon and Kelly end up winning (okay, more Kelly than Jon.) I've been a fan of their's since day 1, and by the looks of the message boards there aren't many of us out there.

It occured to me the other night that every winner in TAR has been in a teams of friends, and of course the first and second seasons were won by identical teams. Maybe my post should read 'Why I don't want David and Jeff to win.' There another team of Rob/Brennen clones, and another teams of friends. Even though I'm not a big fan of Reichen and Chip (although their growing on me, despite their ugly American cab incident last week), but I'd still rather see them win than David and Jeff. But they, too, are just another set of Rob and Brennen clones.

Kelly and Jon have seemed to be one of the best teams as far as racing. They've had their fights, but they've supported each other, they've had fun (a lot of it was at another persons expense, and while it was really immature and junior highish, it was still kind of funny.) Besides, I didn't really like Millie and Chuck in the beginning, so maybe that's why I wasn't bothered with it. They haven't made mistakes, but they haven't been huge to the extent of some of the other teams.

Plus, we've already had 5 guys and 1 girl win. I wanted Margarita to win for the same reason I want Kelly to win: she's the last girl standing, I know she won't throw the race in favor of another team, and I know in the end she's going to give it her all. Plus, unlike with Flo last year, she's never given up at anything that's come her way, and has never whined about having to do something.
    So that's why I want Kelly and Jon to win: they've been entertaining, they've argued but you can tell they have a loving relationship, and I'd like to see someone beside a group of friends win this time around. I know I'm in the minority here, but what does everyone else think?

Actually before Flo became very whiney I think they were a very strong team in the beginning always getting 2nd or staying in the top of the pack

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Why I don't want Kelly and Jon to win -

(Sorry I didn't read your post - it was too long!)

a_Kelly and Jon are the nastiest people on the race this season. They have criticised and nicknamed most of the teams.

b_They are self-destructive bombs. They look like they can explode within their group at any time.

c_Jon seems to like to criticise others, but when it comes down to others criticising him, he just can't take it.

d_They do not have the positive attitude that most other teams have.

e_They do not deserve to win.

f_They need to shut up. (Well, running out of points already)

FORT Fan
    karalott I TOTALLY agree with you !!

Kelly is the last woman standing and she is awesome....she has a lot of determination...just think we see the shows a week apart, but when she did that face forward rappel it must have only been 2 or 3 days after the board breaking ...she actually did that face forward pretty much one handed !!

I agree ...I want to see a couple win ...not another pair of strong buff guys...IF I wanted to watch only real athletic guys compete I could watch eco challenge LOL

as for the other stuff people say?? OF course they deserve it...kelly is super competative...remember when j/k didnt read a clue right on the first or 2nd episode in italy?? they slid down the slope on their butts, got a cab drove up and completed the tast according to the rules !!

Yeah...they might have their little spats...and yes, the stuff about millie wasnt nice...BUT I do think that from episode one Millie and her lil gang of mid western "nice" folks were out of line..ie, jumping on mat together and hogging prizes...helping each other and treating the models, nfl's, chips and j/k etc as if they were nothing ...

PLUS...as for talking about people?? i SEE MORE people on the boards yapping worse about j/k than they ever did about millie...and what about dear josh who dissed the models supposed boob jobs the first day???? helllloooooooo

Goooo Kelly and Jon!
    Last edited by freebiesite; 08-10-2003 at 01:29 AM.

+ Reply to Thread