+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Kelly & Jon

FORT Fogey
    These two are just a train wreck waiting to happen. Of course, so were Flo and Zach and Tara and Wil and you know what happened to them... Hopefully, it won't happen again!

But in some way, I can understand Kelly calling Millie 'the Mole' because she has been rather unkind to them. I think the Kelly-Jon team is one of the funniest out there on how they interact with each other. Jon seems so used to it that he doesn't really care being called: "retarded, crap, stupid, whatever...." He is very funny I think. Despite the bickering, the I think they work not so bad together.
    Phil

FORT Fogey
    Does she really expect Millie and Chuck to provide them with information? What have they done for M&C to deserve that? If they want to win, they need to focus more on the race and less on pathetic attempts at tricking others. Of course, I would prefer they continued their pathetic attempts, because they're amusing and I don't want these two to win...

Well, Millie wasn't shy in sharing info with David and Jeff who appearantly did nothing for them either. So why picking on Kelly and Jon? My guess is when Millie sets a target, she goes for it. Besides, it's a known fact that in work place [like during TAR], women tend to be tougher with other women. Strange but that's the generally accepted reality. Ask women, not me.
    Phil

FORT Fogey
    I just think that David and Jeff might be better people to ally with. Kelly and Jon are on the low end physically, communication-wise and intelligence-wise. While D&J aren't exactly brilliant, they are physically one of the strongest teams there (as long as the task is purely physical). And maybe K&J just annoy them so much that they want them gone (like Josh and the models)...

Originally posted by AnnaRHR
    I just think that David and Jeff might be better people to ally with. Kelly and Jon are on the low end physically, communication-wise and intelligence-wise. While D&J aren't exactly brilliant, they are physically one of the strongest teams there (as long as the task is purely physical). And maybe K&J just annoy them so much that they want them gone (like Josh and the models)...
    I agree with you Anna, what you say makes sense. Here is what makes it even more curious: Episode 2 suggests the Millie Alliance wants to get rid of the two young guy teams. Given D&J's brilliant physical abilities and their consistent better records than Kelly and Jon, it would make sense of getting rid of tough opponents first, isn't it? The Millie Alliance right now, with the exception of John and Al, is pretty much a skeleton. I say Kelly was just randomly picked on and she happened to be annoying to Millie. But I say the feeling is definitely mutual.
    Phil

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I think it's ridiculous for any team to expect another team to help them.

I don't like interference (ala Guido blocking folks at the airport, or teams holding up other teams by not exiting a plane so their luggage can be checked off the flight), but not assisting or not letting another team know where they have just been to get a clue is just plain smart to me.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Let the body talk droolingovrhim's Avatar
    Hi.

I'm not afraid to say that Kelly and Jon is my favorite team of this season so far. They are the only team to provide humor (some friendly, some rude) in the race. Their bickering is not harming them in the race, and arguing is some teams' way of communication through the race, while not the nicest, it does work for them (see how Wil & Tara, Ian & Teri all score in surprisingly high places.) Their relationship still seem firm at this point (with occasion kisses and apologizing after an argument, something Wil & Tara lacked)

I'm not too fond of Millie myself (shown in a godly ray of spotlight). If Millie didn't give JK needed race info, you didn't expect J&K to nod and smile politely, did you? I'm not saying Millie should give them the info, but it was only natural reaction for Kelly to respond back with some negative feelings. Just like Reichen & Chip acting defensive after being cutted in line at the airport. If you aren't going to help a team, it is unlikely they will be nice to you.
    Remember, I'm not laughing at you. I'm laughing with you.

Ugh. I really cannot tolerate how Kelly would call Jon a retard, an idiot, then when Jon turns out to be correct, she'd do this about face, starts grinning. I mean, it's nice that she does that; apologising for being wrong. But when this happens all the time, it gets on my nerves.

Oh well, that's entertaining televsion for you.
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

FORT Newbie
    Originally posted by Iris
    I like the fact that she wants to be 50% of the team, but she really needs to calm down with the bickering and consider Jon's opinions as well.
    I think Kelly has a fear of being compared to Flo! She may bitch about the other teams and stuff but she's quite insistent about doing her part for the team.

I think Jon's probably used to it. At least Kelly does admit it when Jon's proven right. I don't think she's evil or anything, just that she has a habit of badmouthing.

+ Reply to Thread