+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon & Al

Jon & Al

[IMG]images/stor/tar4_jon_al.jpg[/IMG]

BIO

Jon, 40, is married with three children, and lists his current occupation as "Human Cannonball for the circus." He has traveled with the circus for the past 20 years and has over 5,000 notches in his cannonball belt. He graduated from Suffolk Community College and has also studied at the Disney Institute and Clown College. Jon is determined to win. He fears "getting into an accident and not being able to support his family." Jon enjoys golf, cooking and watching sports, and describes himself as "friendly, honest and ambitious." He speaks no foreign languages and has traveled to Mexico and Canada. His teammate, Al, most disappoints him with his "lack of trust before performing together. Al gets so nervous he drives me crazy every time." Jon admits that he procrastinates and is a "go-with-the-flow type," while Al "gets stressed out." Of his clowning skills, Jon says, "If I can pick it up, I can balance it on my nose/chin."

Al, 34, currently works as a substitute teacher and as a cruise ship entertainer. He holds a BA in Special Education. Al is a "people person" and no stranger to traveling. When in the circus, he lived on a train for six years traveling the US, in a trailer for 1 years in Europe and on a cruise ship for two years in the Caribbean. He has been to the UK, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Russia, Estonia, Morocco, France Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Czechoslovakia. He considers himself "friendly, determined, outgoing, compassionate and emotional." He fears heights and eating "yecchy things," getting sick with no help, or "getting stuck in a life-threatening situation with no way out." The only time his teammate, Jon, disappoints him is when he doesn't follow through with things. Jon will be "Mr. Nice Guy," and they'll get "screwed" because he doesn't "bluntly explain what the deal is." They sometimes argue, but if he's upset, Al usually gets quiet first, or he'll go off "alone and just scream out loud or have a good cry." Al's the motivator, while Jon can "waste time."

Human cannonball?

I love it
    "That's Numberwang!"

These guys have potential to be really funny and good, or a complete meltdown. I'm not sure which I'll enjoy more

Exactly.
    Just the fact he;s a cannonball makes me want to like him.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Circus people! Wow.

Jon is afraid of getting into an accident, yet he continues to get shot out of a cannon?
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

"Carnies...nomads, you know. Shifty eyes, small hands"
    Austin Powers, on the one thing he fears other than nuclear war.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

The CBS website calls them "Best Friends / Clowns". My first thought was, "I'll be the judge of that!" Then I saw their line of work. I get it now.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

"That's Numberwang!"

I'm with John on this team...they could end up being really fun or a complete mess...I'm not sure which I'd enjoy more.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Human cannonball? That's what I call an interesting job.

Tough to say how they'll turn out. TAR 4's Ken and Gerard, at best.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast