+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon & Al

LG.
    I expect good entertainment from this team.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Originally posted by Bill_in_PDX
    I wonder if those huge shoes will get in the way while they run? Has to be a big handicap...

They entertain for a living. They may try to use TAR to try and launch a media career.

It’ll be interesting to see how the other contestants react to competing against clowns. We may hear more amusing comments about them rather than from them.

Apart from the clown thing, I love Al for studying Special Education – he may really be compassionate instead of just thinking he is.

FORT Fogey
    Even though these guys are clowns, I still doubt they will be the funniest team - It definitely goes to Steve and Dave who seem like this season's Ken and Gerard or Kevin and Drew. I think Jon and Al will be more like this season's Gary and Dave (Itchy and Scratchy) - funny, but in a more juvenile way...

I think they might be funny as long as they haven't gone into the show with the intention of trying to eb the funny guys, e.g. Dave and Gary.

They tried to be funny and it came off as phoney to me.

I like the teams like Ken and Gerard and The Frat Boys who are just naturally amusing.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    I have to say that I am predicting them being a little more phony a la Gary and Dave, although I did kind of like them. However, the entire concept of being a clown involves hiding yourself behind a mask and being over the top to amuse people. I just hope that they're not too over the top when they're out of costume... I still think Steve and Dave will be the funnier team.

FORT Fogey
    The one advantage they have is that they have traveled and lived in less than ideal circumstances in traveling with the circus, so I don't think they'll be grossed out by some conditions in the same manner as a lot of the teams...

FORT Fogey
    Teri (from Ian and Teri in TAR 3) favors these two to win. She also said that Ken and Gerard were her favorite last season and that she likes funny teams. I wonder how she ended up with Ian...

Jon and Al: As I mentioned before My favorite team from our race was Ken and Gerard. Comedy is everything. Ringling Brothers does it all right. My idol is Gunther Gabel Williams……These guys are my number one pick!

http://www.realityreel.com/modules.p...rder=0&thold=0

has Teri seen the first episode?
    How does she know they are funny?
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Fogey
    I think she might have, or at least received some privileged information, because she did have some knowledge about the other teams, such as that Kelly and Jon were fighting and threatening each other. I think some of the past teams may have enhanced access to information, although I honestly don't know.

From the Q&A, they did not seem as funny as the air traffic controllers. In fact their answers seem pretty normal and grounded.
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

+ Reply to Thread