+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: David & Jeff

I must admit, they didn't really do it for me in the beginning and even now, they don't do much for me. But I've nothing against them, and if they won, all the better for them. As long as Kelly & Jon don't win...
    "You get what anyone gets - you get a lifetime."

i was a bit ecstatic while reading last time's recaps! i could've missed them totally if it wasn't a NEL. whew!

go guys!
    Clay Aiken is the first artist who made my heart beat faster and slower at the same time.

SVM
    FORT Newbie
    Does anyone know why David & Jeff got the nickname the "Goats" on the show?

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SVM
    Does anyone know why David & Jeff got the nickname the "Goats" on the show?
    Read the thread for "Who's Dumbest?" ... The question was posted by me and has been answered....

Amazing Race Lover miss_ambiguous's Avatar
    because of their goatees
    Cheering for Brian/Greg, Lynn/Alex

Hmm. I always thought that it was something about the other teams' view on their attitudes. When I think of a goat, I think of someone sneaky and conniving, not as someone with a goatee.

I've realized that it's impossible to do any good research on Jeff/David unless you have extreme persistence and a whole buch of time on your hands that's willing to be burnt while you search through the 130,000+ results that each of their respective names results in.

FORT Regular
    [QUOTE=haejin11377]Hmm. I always thought that it was something about the other teams' view on their attitudes. When I think of a goat, I think of someone sneaky and conniving, not as someone with a goatee.

I think it's just cause of their goatees... and nothing else...and not because they are sneaky or conniving. If anything they are too nice...It's like Millie the mole... it's cause of the mole on her face and not because she's a "mole" - that is someone who is secretly out to sabotage something. But still I guess you are entitled to your opinion.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by haejin11377
    Hmm. I always thought that it was something about the other teams' view on their attitudes. When I think of a goat, I think of someone sneaky and conniving, not as someone with a goatee.

I've realized that it's impossible to do any good research on Jeff/David unless you have extreme persistence and a whole buch of time on your hands that's willing to be burnt while you search through the 130,000+ results that each of their respective names results in.
    I believe the ATCs coined the nickname for them first and everyone else seemed to follow suit.

As for googling, did you add their last names? David Dean is still a very common name (147,000 hits) while Jeff Strnad is a lot more common than you might think (2000+ hits).

I believe the ATCs coined the nickname for them first and everyone else seemed to follow suit.
    IIRC, it was Debra and Steve who first nicknamed David and Jeff as "The Goats" on the way to Cortina. Then again, I could be wrong.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbadmatt
    IIRC, it was Debra and Steve who first nicknamed David and Jeff as "The Goats" on the way to Cortina. Then again, I could be wrong.
    Debra and Steve? You sure? It seem very doubtful as -

a) Debra and Steve's stay on the show is only one episode

b) I don't recall Debra and Steve communicating / crossing paths with David and Jeff. (Then again, I don't recall anything from the first episode at all)

c) Debra and Steve mention in their interviews saying that they only meet up with a few teams... And they are Reichen and Chip (Sharing hotel rooms) and Tian and Jaree (Roadblock)

d) Debra and Steve don't have the faces that will give people nicknames.

+ Reply to Thread