+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: David & Jeff

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R&C
    Are you sure, amazing guy? I've never heard phil mentioned it before.
    It was on a local newspaper... R&C I don't think you will get to read it in Malaysia though...

It's weird, I never read through this thread before and had not looked at their bios until now. You'd think, from reading them, that they'd be much more interesting to watch - more controversial at the very least. But they're just *dull* - and I'm stunned that they are both in their thirties. They seem much younger from what I've seen... (which is darn little of course, thank you CBS).
    Joy
    Blogging away in my LaughAtlantis world...

FORT Regular
    I like this team.... very competitive and they made it to first place twice! So I hope they go pretty far.

Last night I was getting HUGE Jeff Probst vibes from Jeff.

Especially when he gets angry and annoyed. Jeff Probst without the bleeps.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I would like to see them come in 3rd. I like them and definitely want them in the Top 3 over team evil.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FORT Fogey
    Subject matter moved from Reichen & Chip thread...

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadmatt
    Hmmm... not sure about David and Jeff bringing something unique to the mix, though. For lack of a better phrase, these two still come off as one-dimensional. That's why I keep having the nagging feeling that they'll stay until the end.
    Maybe because they're so polite most of the time, the editors haven't found many multi-dimensional moments to portray. Though during the last leg when David got upset (in his restrained manner still!) at the Singapore Airlines counter over their standby tickets, the editors finally found a controversial moment to show that almost rivalled some of Reichen & Chip's best airport moments.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I like them. They aren't as colorful as others, but that doesn't mean they are bad people or are not good racers. I don't, however, think they've lived up to their potential yet.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

the editors haven't found many multi-dimensional moments to portray
    You know what they say - You can't squeeze water out of a rock

I have nothing against them as racers. It's just that looking back, they just haven't done something remotely interesting.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbadmatt
    You know what they say - You can't squeeze water out of a rock

I have nothing against them as racers. It's just that looking back, they just haven't done something remotely interesting.
    In general, I agree with you, however, they really did stand out more this last episode. From working the phones at the airport (a la Millie) to find the earlier flight, getting upset at the Singapore Airlines counter, sharing the cab with the Clowns (and getting lost near the DMZ with the clowns), and making the detour switch after taking a few bites of the really fresh seafood , I think viewers had more of an opportunity to identify with them.

I certainly got a better sense of who they are and I found them really likeable.

To David and Jeff's defense, one of the primary reasons why they don't come across as mildly engaging is because of the personalities of the other teams left. Compared with the Clowns, Reichip and Joke, any team would be hardpressed to compete for precious airtime.

+ Reply to Thread