+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 11/15 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 11/15 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Gary and Matt were my favorites and I'm sad to see them go. I think they did get a lot out of the race though. They became closer and learned to appreciate each other, and personally I think that's worth more than a million dollars (minus a big share in taxes)

I know that Flight time is one of the "big" globetrotters so he's probably doing fine moneywise. Don't know about Big Easy, but he's been with them less time so is probably working his way up. I am finding them they grate on me more and more. They seem to have big egos and at the end when Big Easy said "I'm 6'9" and 400 pounds (or whatever size he was bragging about) and I'll do what I have to do" that sounded like he was threatening the brothers, otherwise why mention his size?

The brothers have been bugging me the last couple of legs, but I'm not sure why.

I guess I'll have to back the teams I don't mind, which at this point would be Meghan and Cheyne or Erika and Brian.

The Globes talking don't bother me. It's just common in sports, and I know for most people they just know athletes tend to run this race like their competing in their own sport. Has happened every time they had someone who competed on that level in this race. Nothing new, and we will see it again in the future for sure.

The height and weight reference was a threat or a warning, however they want to take it, that you don't want to start a physical game with someone twice your size and in good shape. He should not have gone there, especially since from our view what we saw was a non-event. Again, in the end, I believe it's just more trash talk.

I believe it wasn't the fall. That was a mistake. Anyone going down grabs at the nearest thing to keep from going down. It happened to be a brother who was the nearest thing, and so he went down too. If an elbow was thrown it's because the bros hate the globes, and their breathing alone makes them annoyed. This thing has been brewing behind the scenes for a while. The Globes mentioned that they hate the bros attitudes, the bros hate the Globes for "following them". They were very salty when the Globes made them share that taxi. I would have done the same thing. I highly doubt that their taxi showed up as the other guy was picking up the phone to call. If asked the driver would likely have said he wasn't called. The whole ride the bros were seething. Sometimes when you're tired and cranky the jokey upbeat types in the world annoy the hell out of you. I think this may be the case here. The Globes are used to travelling back to back, used to having their entertaining game faces on, seem to be enjoying the adventure. They are paid to make people smile, and may have trouble turning it off. The bros want the money-period. I just hope they all put it aside. I really don't enjoy the drama much on the race. I always see it as these people are winning simply by seeing this planet the way so many people will never get to see it-up close and personal, and a constant state of anger is not warranted in a case like that.

FORT Fogey

I am sure that some of the lawyers who have been on this show make as much as these two specific Globetrotters. I have no problem with anyone being on the show as this is reality televsion and the Globetrotters are real people. What I do have a problem with is that the reality shows seem to be seeking out and casting more and more, and it just takes the realism out of reality television.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

By the way...Big Easy said," 6' 9", 260." If the GTs wanted to cause trouble for the lame brothers, I'm sure it would be/is no problem for them. I don't get the impression that the GTs play that kind of game but, if you really insist that they "go there", I'm sure they will oblige!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;3751476;
    They seem to have big egos and at the end when Big Easy said "I'm 6'9" and 400 pounds (or whatever size he was bragging about) and I'll do what I have to do" that sounded like he was threatening the brothers, otherwise why mention his size?
    I think there is a reason - because it seemed to me at the Pit Stop the brothers were making it appear as though Big was intentionally fell to give his team an advantage (which doesn't make sense given he had to get up again and they were in a bog). He's mentioning his statistics to show that if he really wanted to harm them, he could given his size and weight, but he didn't and it was an accident.

The brothers also didn't help with his mood either given that they - accidentally or not - also elbowed him as they both fell. Anyone would be mad at themselves and each other with a fall like that.

And, I look at it on the other side - The brothers have just as much of the ego issue and IMHO see the GT's as a threat, so any type of thing like that - even an accident, would be seen as trying to sabotage another team or challenge.

As far as "I'll do what I have to" - I can see why one can see the threat given the statistics, but at the same time, all the racers have mentioned this phrase at some point in their time there.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3752112;
    By the way...Big Easy said," 6' 9", 260." If the GTs wanted to cause trouble for the lame brothers, I'm sure it would be/is no problem for them. I don't get the impression that the GTs play that kind of game but, if you really insist that they "go there", I'm sure they will oblige!
    Hmm... I can understand it not being 400, but 260 with his build and height would almost make him a string bean, but he doesn't look that. Even Yao Ming is like nearly 7 feet and about 300 or so (BTW, healthy for someone his height).

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Exactly, depending on how he carries his weight. You also learn how to use your weight to your advantage, if you are smart. He's got the long, lanky arms and legs to work with, don't forget. I am a small woman, but I have learned that if I take my weight immediately to the ground, that it can be hard to deal with, despite what it looks like....as in totally collapse.

I am pretty sure that the GTs have a lot more physical experience, physical maturity, and physical knowledge than the brothers.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456