+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 11/8 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/8 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;3746282;
    DITTO on the mom... and would love a season with all the hardest challenges. It could even be the teams 2-3 from each season all-star - see how they do the 2nd time around?

THRILLED that last night was NEL, I was rooting for all of them. The Globetrotters were the best!
    This is the very first season when I wouldn't mind any of the remaining teams winning.

The brothers and Meghan/Cheyne are now my two least favorites of a field of what I think are good teams--or likeable anyway.

I'd love to see the Globetrotters or the Dad/son win for their attitudes during the entire race as well as how well they treat their partners. I hope I'm not jinxing either one of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3746003;
    The show aired on time in Canada. No NFL
    Oh, we get NFL. It's very popular. However, the local station airs it on time. So we have a choice to watch it on time or late

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3746312;
    This is the very first season when I wouldn't mind any of the remaining teams winning.

The brothers and Meghan/Cheyne are now my two least favorites of a field of what I think are good teams--or likeable anyway.

I'd love to see the Globetrotters or the Dad/son win for their attitudes during the entire race as well as how well they treat their partners. I hope I'm not jinxing either one of them!
    ITA with the brothers, Sam & Dan BUT add Brian and Erika to that least fav list. I do like Meghan and Cheyne better. Yes, Cheyne was an IDIOT last night and Cheyne should have no question done that challenge BUT o..m..g, if Erika had done the challenge she and Dan would have BOTH been screammmmmming......sheesh.... ..and then Dan crying at the mat.......oh bother.

I love the Globetrotters!!

I was thrilled to see father / son team stay.
    That hay bale challenge was really hard way back when. I can't imagine having to spend 2 + hours on a task like that. Glad to see Ericka on better behavior last night. It was really sad when Brin told the camera that her mothe was not happy with her marrying a white man and he's hoping to change the mother's mind.
    Felt bad about the brothers and Megan and Cheyne. Neither came off in the best light last night.
    I just love the Globetrotters - the comment about visiting the Red light district in Amsterdam was too funny!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Regular

I like all the teams too, but aren't the Globe Trotters already rich?

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3746312;

Totally agree with this. The brothers are just having other helps them...if not for the poker players they would still be trying to tally up gold. Meghan/Cheyne just bug me-not sure why.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by weizer2;3746414;
    I like all the teams too, but aren't the Globe Trotters already rich?
    I would presume they get paid decently as Globetrotters but nowhere near what an NBA-professional would get.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Cheyne is a loser, what the heck, he's a man, physically stronger.....supposedly and making his girlfriend do all the work. Lazy. I agree with her about the shoveling the dirt in the bags, he wasn't listening to her at all.
    As we watched last night, my husband wanted to know just what Cheyne's problem was. As capable as I am (and can be), he looked at me and said, "There's no way I'd let you even try to do that. I would have done that task."

And then he added...

"And b*tched every minute of it, too"

;-)

Globetrotters do not make heaps of money.

I've often said that I'd love to do this race. The adventure is what most compels me. Money is nice, but not the driving factor. So, despite what most of these people may say or be encouraged to say, I think the adventure of the race drives a lot of them.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fan

As some people have said, there were only 7 flags. So I actually doubt that any of them were in the unrolled bales. I may have seen it wrong, but it looked to me like all the flags were found right in the center of the bales, so I don't think that kicking the hay all over the place as the bale was unrolled was very helpful. It seemed like they really needed to be sure to sort through the hay at the very end of each bale, but not through the whole thing.

I was glad it was a NEL. I like all the teams that are left. The father/son and the globetrotters stand out to me for their amazing ability to stay calm and be nice to each other through everything. I'd never be able to do it. I wondered last week why Ericka was suddenly so awful for one or two episodes after (imo) being fine before that. She redeemed herself for me this week. I find it interesting that Megan/Cheyne and the brothers are getting a pass from a lot of people this week for the same type of behavior Ericka was displaying last week, but Ericka doesn't get the same courtesy. I'm willing to give them ALL a pass once or twice. The race is extremely stressful, and if I was unrolling those hay bales, no one around would ever want to see or hear me again, I'm sure.

+ Reply to Thread