+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 11/8 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 11/8 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I about snorted when I heard Brian's comment that one of the reasons they came on this race was to show Ericka's mom that they had a healthy relationship because Ericka's mom isn't too thrilled that Ericka married a white man. Doood... she's REALLY not going to be happy with you for calling her out like that, either!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3746236;
    I about snorted when I heard Brian's comment that one of the reasons they came on this race was to show Ericka's mom that they had a healthy relationship because Ericka's mom isn't too thrilled that Ericka married a white man. Doood... she's REALLY not going to be happy with you for calling her out like that, either!
    After watching Erika go postal a couple of times I think Erika's mom should be thinking, "my daughter is lucky she is married to Brian considering she has been behaving like a 2 yr old".

What is it with these women who are wound so tight? At this point in the game I just wish that the producers had tasks just as hard and challenging as the haybale unroll. The Carry Cheese Down the Hill comes to mind. In fact TAR should put together a season with all the hardest challenges, take away all the meds the women are on and we will see major meltdowns.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 11-09-2009 at 09:36 AM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3746243;
    After watching Erika go postal a couple of times I think Erika's mom should be thinking, "my daughter is lucky she is married to Brian considering she has been behaving like a 2 yr old".
    LOL.... I would agree with you.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I thought that Pinky should have taken the task, being that he is much younger and presumably physically stronger than his dad, and ditto for Cheyne on the stronger part.

But maybe there is scripting going on and they don't really get to choose who competes. It *is* a television show, and a "reality" television show.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

What a great episode: Big Easy and Flight Time coming in first place on his birthday especially considering there were only 7 of those flags amongst all those bales of hay. I (usually) love when a team does well on a brithday or anniversary. Meghen sure was freaking out, the first signs we've had of the mental and physical toll this race takes on the racers. They've been doing so well, and even with all those bales of hay she unrolled they came in second place. I can't figure out why Cheyne didn't do this obviously physical task. The only thing I could figure is that they were trying to even out the roadblock challenges between them. This was not the task to do that on. MrCoz who is allergic to hay and it would cause an asthma attack said he would have done this task were we the ones running. I did love her fake-out to him though when she found the clue. The brothers were a mess. Yelling at each other. What was great though was at the end of the day deciding the race wasn't worth it, determining to be nice to each other, but knowing realistically that they will still have their sibling rivalry. Brian saying they went on the race to show her mother that they do belong together when we've seen her yelling at him all the time. The globetrotters even joked about it last time. And really happy Gary/Matt came in last on a NEL. I was hoping and hoping for that. I thought for sure the race couldn't send out another team on that flashback task. I hope they can pull it together for the next leg but with Matt not knowing what a candleabra is it doesn't look good. I don't know why I thought the hay task was the third season, wasn't I surprised when Phil said it was the sixth season that happened in! I always wished they would have brought the sisters back for the all-stars season.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Yeah, Screamy (aka Erika) is lucky to have such an easy-going husband who will put up with that crap!

FORT Fogey

What is it with these women who are wound so tight? At this point in the game I just wish that the producers had tasks just as hard and challenging as the haybale unroll. The Carry Cheese Down the Hill comes to mind. In fact TAR should put together a season with all the hardest challenges, take away all the meds the women are on and we will see major meltdowns.
    DITTO on the mom... and would love a season with all the hardest challenges. It could even be the teams 2-3 from each season all-star - see how they do the 2nd time around?

THRILLED that last night was NEL, I was rooting for all of them. The Globetrotters were the best!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3746249;
    I thought that Pinky should have taken the task, being that he is much younger and presumably physically stronger than his dad, and ditto for Cheyne on the stronger part.
    I figured that they had Dad do it not knowing what with the hay would be done, since he's been a hay farmer his whole life, and maybe the son has been away at school?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3746030;
    I wonder how many flags were overlooked and left behind!
    Looking at the field as we wre shoiwn during the unrolling--there ere many hay bales that were unrolled but NOT looked into.

Could the other contestants NOT look through those unrolled flat bales?

It seemed to me that the ones who found the flags did so by really going through the unrolled hay carefully.

Also--I wonder who was doing all that unrolling but not even going through the hay once it was unrolled? No wonder it took some a long time to find a flag!

ETA--I have a friend who grew up on a farm with animals and she says that the SMALL hay bales weight 100 lbs. The ones on the show looked much bigger than that. No wonder they got so tired!

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;3746223;
    I couldn't believe Cheyne made Meghan do the hay challenge. I'd have been whining big time if it were me, lol.
    Cheyne is a loser, what the heck, he's a man, physically stronger.....supposedly and making his girlfriend do all the work. Lazy. I agree with her about the shoveling the dirt in the bags, he wasn't listening to her at all.

+ Reply to Thread