+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920

Thread: 11/1 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 11/1 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3744174;
    Then why didn't we see them leave the detour, go to Phil and say that they were quitting the task and have him announce the penalty & their elimination? Instead we saw him go to them and them announce that they were quitting...no mention made of it just being the detour, not the race, nor any penalty. It doesn't make sense. I think that's a bit of revisionist history-writing on the part of the poker players.
    Nah, I believe her. She said she told the crew who then notified Phil. I'm sure Phil took it as them quitting the race, since it was a 24 hour penalty. Also, they couldn't go to Phil and tell him in person because they had to complete the task in order to get the next clue to tell them where the finish line was.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

I think there just comes a point where a team or a team member just realizes their limitation (s) and has to call it a day. I think that happened with the poker ladies. They may have been young, but I didn't see either at any time on the race as super physically fit. Coupled with the fact that the average woman does not possess great upper body physical strength, I could see that they'd have to pack it in. I don't blame them at all for that. I just saw 2 womenm who were incredibly supportive of one another, no matter what. They really earned my respect for that.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3744200;
    Nah, I believe her. She said she told the crew who then notified Phil. I'm sure Phil took it as them quitting the race, since it was a 24 hour penalty. Also, they couldn't go to Phil and tell him in person because they had to complete the task in order to get the next clue to tell them where the finish line was.
    I agree. The show is edited in a certain way just like all reality shows and that was what they chose to show us.

If that mallet was 40 lbs I'd have had trouble with it myself. I'm always working on my arm strength in the gym but still am pretty pitiful. I do think it was an unfair part of the challenge however I also think the poker girls got breaks early in the show so it's probably a wash.

FORT Regular

The mallet wasn't 40 pounds. Tiffany and Maria must have heard wrong, or someone was trying to make them feel better. I went back and watched my recording and you could tell by the way they were wielding it - at times with one hand as they got into position - that it wasn't close to that weight.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;3745130;
    I agree. The show is edited in a certain way just like all reality shows and that was what they chose to show us.

If that mallet was 40 lbs I'd have had trouble with it myself. I'm always working on my arm strength in the gym but still am pretty pitiful. I do think it was an unfair part of the challenge however I also think the poker girls got breaks early in the show so it's probably a wash.
    It takes shoulder and back strenght--not necessarily arm strength.

And there are a lot of weightlifting exercises that help increase shoulder/back strength very quickly.

As a woman who used to be fairly "weak" I can attest to how quickly one can get stronger by doing strength training on a regular basis. (I have my own free weights and do my lifting in the privacy of my own home.)

If I were applying for this race I would make sure to train in the usual kinds of challenges etc that I've seen on the show over time.

And I'd make sure I did some refresher work with a stick shift vehicle too.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

The latest commercial shows Gary Matt lost in a city. I ignored the signs shown in a previous commercial of the last team, and now I have Gary and Matt coming in first. What to do? Is this mis-direction hype or a problem that costs them at least first place?

Ahhh...think I'l stay with them as team number one. I'll play favorites and not the odds this week.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Susan92645;3745337;
    The mallet wasn't 40 pounds. Tiffany and Maria must have heard wrong, or someone was trying to make them feel better. I went back and watched my recording and you could tell by the way they were wielding it - at times with one hand as they got into position - that it wasn't close to that weight.
    I'm sure it felt like 40 lbs after awhile..., but I agree. There is no way that was 40 lbs.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread